Bears' Wolfe learns from Turner to wa...

Bears' Wolfe learns from Turner to wait his turn

There are 12 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 8, 2008, titled Bears' Wolfe learns from Turner to wait his turn. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Garrett Wolfe recently sent a text message to fellow Northern Illinois alumnus Michael Turner , teasing Turner about his physical appearance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

EBF

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 9, 2008
I'm happy to see Garrett Wolfe having so much success on special teams and showing occasional flashes on offense. Hopefully his patience will finally pay off one day and the Bears will start using him on creative plays as opposed to sending him up the middle all the time. He could be a game breaker.
Niko

Melrose Park, IL

#2 Oct 9, 2008
Wolfe needs to be used on screens, not on a play that includes "guard right" or "center left". His speed, agility, and vision is what makes him so dangerous.

On a side note, it looks like we may have the second coming of Branden Ayabandejo (spelling). Not sure if we wanted that with a third-round pick though...
K20A2_S

Houston, TX

#3 Oct 9, 2008
would love to see this guy become the next Warrick Dunn for the Bears!!
TheRiot

United States

#4 Oct 9, 2008
Wolfe should be a 3rd. down back and could be a big success if properly used that way.
ldc

Urbana, IL

#5 Oct 9, 2008
This guy is not the next Benny, nor is he the next Dunn.

Wolfe is too small.

Sorry.

I'm glad he can play special teams, because other than screens, swing basses and pitchouts, he offers very little value.

He doesn't get tackled.

He gets thrown.
Gooback92

Chicago, IL

#6 Oct 9, 2008
As much as I like Garrett Wolfe, he's really not suited for the NFL. There's a big difference between him and Michael Turner. I've seen lineman while being block tackle Wolfe with one arm. It takes nearly three guys to tackle Turner. It should be a nice challenge for the Bear's D-line and Turner on Sunday.
Da Bears

Durham, NC

#7 Oct 9, 2008
I guess I havent seen him enough to tell if he will be good or not, but I am glad to here that he is being used on special teams.
acw

Chicago, IL

#8 Oct 9, 2008
Such a stretch in the third round. Good contributions from him thus far on special teams and on trick plays, but never will be featured in our offense especially with the emergence of Forte.
Done

Chicago, IL

#9 Oct 9, 2008
Is size really an issue? He's still young, all he needs to do is keep hitting the weights.

Wolfe 5'7 186
Darren Sproles 5'6 181
Maurice Jones-Drew 5'7 208

“Let's rock!!”

Since: Oct 07

Aurora, IL

#10 Oct 9, 2008
Gooback92 wrote:
As much as I like Garrett Wolfe, he's really not suited for the NFL. There's a big difference between him and Michael Turner. I've seen lineman while being block tackle Wolfe with one arm. It takes nearly three guys to tackle Turner. It should be a nice challenge for the Bear's D-line and Turner on Sunday.
I've noticed that it is hard for a defender to tackle Wolfe without snagging his facemask in the process! Maybe that's an advantage?

The guy does mix it up on special teams! Hard to believe the lil' wolf gets so many tackles in!
Chuck

Montesano, WA

#11 Oct 9, 2008
The Bears shall defeat Atlanta and shall also handle the vikes. The Bears must atleast split with the Vikes and greenBay and I think they can. The Bears do need more offensive balance and a deep threat must emerge in order fo continue sucess against scoring teams. I say send Hester down range the center of the field often and let the defenses move therir safeties to double the speedster in the open field. Spring Olson and Davis undeneath and this ought to be interesting. .
Chuck

Montesano, WA

#12 Oct 9, 2008
I say bring barrack Obama out of the backfield with blocking assistance for Ted Kennedy and Chuck Schummer. Harry Reid does a goodjob at center and Pallosi can wail on the sidelines. Now that is political correctness in this age of the NFL.!!! Oh I must really be confused these days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nick Roach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oakland Raiders happy with free-agency upgrades (Mar '15) Mar '15 Oakland Faders Sux 1
News Raiders agree to deal with free agent LB Malcol... (Mar '15) Mar '15 j_raiders 1
News Kevin Burnett Only Hurting Himself By Not Atten... (Jun '14) Jun '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 9
News Raiders Now Have a Full House at Linebacker (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 6
News Raiders, Houston Texans reportedly discussing S... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Zild0405 12
News Raiders to get visit from Washington Redskins l... (Mar '14) Mar '14 RaiderNation 1
News Reggie McKenzie says Raiders have improved (Dec '13) Dec '13 Corran Horn 5
More from around the web