Packers D will bounce back after poor 2011, CB Williams says

Jul 2, 2012 Full story: NFL

The Green Bay Packers ranked fifth in total defense and pass defense during their Super Bowl-winning season of 2010.

Full Story
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Jul 2, 2012
New England was ranked 31 and the Giants were ranked 25, so I don't think the Packers need to bounce very far.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#2 Jul 2, 2012
Glad to see your ok,from the sound of it,the fires dont seem to be slowing a whole lot,,Lets pray for some much needed Rain!
Im pretty sure the defense will bounce back.2011 Defense was pretty much the same defense as the one that won the SB in 2010 and they only added pieces from last years weaker performance.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Jul 2, 2012
Once they brought in 9 helicopters, more airtankers than they needed, and about a thousand firefighters, the fire has been steadily being contained more and more. It's up to about 55% and many evacuees have been allowed to return to their homes. It's been a terrible tragedy and will have some lasting effects, but as most situations like this you count your blessings that it wasn't worse.

I'm confident the defense will see some improvement. Honestly, I'm more concerned with the offense maintaining it's productivity. There are changes in the O-line, backfield, and players returning from injuries that all add a degree of uncertainty. The Packers need to improve the defense, but nearly all of the off season moves were designed to do just that.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#4 Jul 2, 2012
They def. went heavy on Defense in the draft for sure.It all starts in a short few weeks.Id like to see how Marc Tyler does and how Alex Green looks coming back from an ACL and also who gets the LT job,Marshall Newhouse or Derrek Sherrod.Newhouse played much better as the year went,which is obviously a great sign but Sherrod is coming back from that horrible leg injury so here to hoping he healed up enough.

My best to you and your fellow Colorado citizens! May all of you be safe and healthy and we contain those fires ( and a nice rain storm would help!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nick Perry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Green Bay Packers Have Future Star in Ha Ha Cli... Sep '14 Giggle Dix 22
Why Aaron Rodgers Is the True Key to the Green ... Jul '14 cara murphy 7
Packers seeking versatile players on defense (Mar '14) Mar '14 paul allen 1
Green Bay Packers Should Sign Jared Allen In Fr... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Normallylikeyellow 2
Packers Need More Out of Often Injured and Unde... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Laughing bear Fan 9
Green Bay Packers: Could they win without Aaron... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 22
Green Bay Packers: 'Next Man Up' (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web