Callahan hired as Jets assistant

Jan 18, 2008 Full story: Omaha World-Herald 7

“His expertise with the running game and with protections will be a big asset. I look forward to adding him to our staff.”

Bill Callahan, fired as coach at Nebraska after last season, was hired Friday as assistant head coach/offense by the New York Jets. via Omaha World-Herald

Full Story
Andrew

Neptune, NJ

#1 Jan 19, 2008
This is up their as one of the stpidest mistakes the Jets have ever made! This guy is a joke and he cant even win at the college level (nebraska)! Congratulations in hiring the worst coach ever!
nebraskan

Alliance, NE

#2 Jan 19, 2008
hiring that idiot was the wrong thing to do. he had no repect for people kids and the game of football

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#3 Jan 19, 2008
I think He'll do better as an offensive coordinator. He was on Gruden's staff.
Andrew

Neptune, NJ

#4 Jan 20, 2008
TexasRaider wrote:
I think He'll do better as an offensive coordinator. He was on Gruden's staff.
He's gunna suck just like he did with the raiders and at Nebraska! and u never know what your talking about!

“I knew it.Hank's a RaidersFan!”

Since: Feb 07

Raleigh, NC

#5 Jan 20, 2008
You are the one that doesn't know what they are talking about. Callahan was good as a coordinator with the Raiders, He just isn't a good head coach. If you understood the game you would know there is a difference and that Callahan did well as an O Coodinator.
Andrew wrote:
<quoted text>
He's gunna suck just like he did with the raiders and at Nebraska! and u never know what your talking about!
husker billy

Omaha, NE

#6 Jan 21, 2008
I'd rather have Callahan then Cosgrove any day of the week. I hope Callahan doesn't convince Mangini to hire him.
Andrew

Neptune, NJ

#7 Jan 26, 2008
RaiderFaith wrote:
You are the one that doesn't know what they are talking about. Callahan was good as a coordinator with the Raiders, He just isn't a good head coach. If you understood the game you would know there is a difference and that Callahan did well as an O Coodinator. <quoted text>
Yea i know he was a decent offensive coordinator but thats not what the Jets signed him as.. u dumb ass! They signed him as assistant head coach, which is a position that he sucks at!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nick Mangold Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Geno Smith's Slower Trigger Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 92
Jets' Decker, Wilkerson Sit Out Practice Oct '14 Alan 7
How much do the Jets' preseason results matter? Aug '14 Foot Fetish Coaching 1
Geno Smith's Responsibility (Nov '13) Dec '13 Timmy Teblow 7
McKnight, Peterman Among Jets' 14 Cuts (Aug '13) Aug '13 Go Blue Forever 1
Ex-New York Jets Coach Eric Mangini Could Be Gr... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Runt Sports 2
New York Jets: Lessons to be Learned from the P... (Feb '13) Feb '13 School of No Thought 4
More from around the web