Bills Lead Cowboys 24-13 in 3rd Quarter

Bills Lead Cowboys 24-13 in 3rd Quarter

There are 22 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 8, 2007, titled Bills Lead Cowboys 24-13 in 3rd Quarter. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Terrence McGee returned a kickoff 103 yards on an electrifying run and Buffalo's banged-up defense produced two scores -- both on interceptions -- to give the Bills a 24-13 lead over the Dallas Cowboys in the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 07

Guthrie, KY

#1 Oct 9, 2007
No matter which team anyone was rooting for last night, this was a fantastic game for a Monday night football fan!
Tony Carrollo

United States

#2 Oct 9, 2007
The officials should be suspended. On the onside kick with 20 seconds on the clock, they take off only 2 seconds. The kick was touched by a Dallas player 121 yards downfield and they rolled another 10 yards where a Dallas player fell on it but did not immediately gain control of the ball. Taking only 2 seconds off the clock gave Dallas at least one extra play.
jables

Tavares, FL

#3 Oct 9, 2007
Let's see if this sounds familiar: Team comes racing out of the gate to an impressive undefeated record. Their young quarterback, with question marks coming into the season, is putting up MVP caliber numbers through the first quarter of the season. Team comes to a nationally televised Monday night game on the road against a woeful opponent. Young quarterback has a truly awful game, but somehow his team pulls off a miracle and wins in spectacular, come from behind fashion.

How come when this happened last year to the Bears and Rex the boo birds began their chants of "Griese, Griese!", but when Romo puts up the worst game of his career all of the critics are still in love with him for "sticking to his game" and "finding a way to win". Rex, you've been shafted again.
newanarchy

Dallas, TX

#4 Oct 9, 2007
Tony Carrollo wrote:
The officials should be suspended. On the onside kick with 20 seconds on the clock, they take off only 2 seconds. The kick was touched by a Dallas player 121 yards downfield and they rolled another 10 yards where a Dallas player fell on it but did not immediately gain control of the ball. Taking only 2 seconds off the clock gave Dallas at least one extra play.
Absolutely, and what about the Roy Williams horse collar that was only called for a 5 yard face mask instead of a 15 yard personal foul. The damn rule is named for him yet they never call it on him.
Cowboysfansince7 5

Stafford, TX

#5 Oct 9, 2007
newanarchy wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely, and what about the Roy Williams horse collar that was only called for a 5 yard face mask instead of a 15 yard personal foul. The damn rule is named for him yet they never call it on him.
It was called on him just last week. And people do not seem to understand just what exactly defines horsecollaring. He did not, as far as anyone could tell, get all the way underneath the shoulder pad. Quit crying. He did committ a 5 yard facemask. Just because Tony Kornheiser calls it a horsecollar, doesn't mean it qualifies, or that the official (who saw the facemask)could judge it to be so. And 2 seconds was all that onside play took from kick to whistle. They should have defended it, period.
The Cowboys proved that, even when Romo is playing poorly (29-50, 309 yards, 2 TD, 5 INT, 2 Rush for 7 yards, 1 Fum) the defense (who has not allowed a TD in 8 quarters) can step it up, guys like Sam Hurd and Tony Curtis(on the onside kick)can make big plays, and Romo's confidence did not waiver even after a 6 turnover performance. Romo still had the character and "gunslinger's" fearlessness to execute, beautifully, two drives in the last 3:45 minutes to win the game. Nick Folk has been an excellent 6th Round pickup as well, hitting the same 53 yard GW field goal twice (although the offsides penalty against the Bills would have given him another shot from 47 yards, had he missed).
I will say this. They cannot have a slow start on offense, nor can they afford to turn the ball over this week. I do think the Pats are a slightly better team, but homefield advantage and league-wide bragging rights on the line will even the odds. Like Parcells said on the pregame show, the Cowboys match up quite well against the Colts, but the Patriots can match them physically, which no other team in the league can. They are the only team that scares me on their schedule.
Cowboysfansince7 5

Stafford, TX

#6 Oct 9, 2007
jables wrote:
Let's see if this sounds familiar: Team comes racing out of the gate to an impressive undefeated record. Their young quarterback, with question marks coming into the season, is putting up MVP caliber numbers through the first quarter of the season. Team comes to a nationally televised Monday night game on the road against a woeful opponent. Young quarterback has a truly awful game, but somehow his team pulls off a miracle and wins in spectacular, come from behind fashion.
How come when this happened last year to the Bears and Rex the boo birds began their chants of "Griese, Griese!", but when Romo puts up the worst game of his career all of the critics are still in love with him for "sticking to his game" and "finding a way to win". Rex, you've been shafted again.
The difference is, when Rex starts to have a bad day, he folds like a lawn chair in front of God and everyone. Romo not only kept his cool, but led the offense on two soring drives to win the game in the final 3:45 min, when most men would have questioned themselves or even packed it in after such a dismal overall performance. The great QB's are not perfect. But they do not fold in the face of adversity. Romo is not perfect, and he is capable of a bad game. But he did not fold like that guy in Chicago.
THE EDJ

Bentonia, MS

#7 Oct 9, 2007
Cowboysfansince75 wrote:
<quoted text>The difference is, when Rex starts to have a bad day, he folds like a lawn chair in front of God and everyone. Romo not only kept his cool, but led the offense on two soring drives to win the game in the final 3:45 min, when most men would have questioned themselves or even packed it in after such a dismal overall performance. The great QB's are not perfect. But they do not fold in the face of adversity. Romo is not perfect, and he is capable of a bad game. But he did not fold like that guy in Chicago.
AMEN!
jables

Hurst, TX

#8 Oct 9, 2007
Cowboysfansince75 wrote:
<quoted text>The difference is, when Rex starts to have a bad day, he folds like a lawn chair in front of God and everyone. Romo not only kept his cool, but led the offense on two soring drives to win the game in the final 3:45 min, when most men would have questioned themselves or even packed it in after such a dismal overall performance. The great QB's are not perfect. But they do not fold in the face of adversity. Romo is not perfect, and he is capable of a bad game. But he did not fold like that guy in Chicago.
I don't agree. Rex went on to have some fantastic more games that year. And he helped to win the Cards game, much like Romo did. but once he showed signs of not being perfect the Chicago/National media began looking for reasons to tear him apart. He was never a media darling like Romo and everyone was waiting for an excuse to bag him.
newanarchy

Dallas, TX

#9 Oct 9, 2007
Cowboysfansince75 wrote:
<quoted text>It was called on him just last week. And people do not seem to understand just what exactly defines horsecollaring. He did not, as far as anyone could tell, get all the way underneath the shoulder pad. Quit crying. He did committ a 5 yard facemask. Just because Tony Kornheiser calls it a horsecollar, doesn't mean it qualifies, or that the official (who saw the facemask)could judge it to be so. And 2 seconds was all that onside play took from kick to whistle. They should have defended it, period.
The Cowboys proved that, even when Romo is playing poorly (29-50, 309 yards, 2 TD, 5 INT, 2 Rush for 7 yards, 1 Fum) the defense (who has not allowed a TD in 8 quarters) can step it up, guys like Sam Hurd and Tony Curtis(on the onside kick)can make big plays, and Romo's confidence did not waiver even after a 6 turnover performance. Romo still had the character and "gunslinger's" fearlessness to execute, beautifully, two drives in the last 3:45 minutes to win the game. Nick Folk has been an excellent 6th Round pickup as well, hitting the same 53 yard GW field goal twice (although the offsides penalty against the Bills would have given him another shot from 47 yards, had he missed).
I will say this. They cannot have a slow start on offense, nor can they afford to turn the ball over this week. I do think the Pats are a slightly better team, but homefield advantage and league-wide bragging rights on the line will even the odds. Like Parcells said on the pregame show, the Cowboys match up quite well against the Colts, but the Patriots can match them physically, which no other team in the league can. They are the only team that scares me on their schedule.
Doesn't have to be under the the pad, the rule was amended and all it takes is the jersey collar, I haven't talked to anyone or heard anyone on the radio say it wasn't a horse collar. Go back and time the play (I did) 4 seconds, maybe five depending when the clock was stopped by the time keeper, who conveniently didn't start the damn thing at all.

Get serious, this week the play a top offense and defense, not the Bills 32 ranking on both sides of the ball. The only chance they have is the refs and I'll be here to point out all the one sided calls when the game is over, I'm sure there will be plenty.
Roger Palacios

Temple, TX

#10 Oct 9, 2007
Guys, leaving all your opinion aside , did you or did you not enjoyed the game. With faults and mistakes excuses whatever you wish to fine on between the cracked, the game was FULL OF EXCITEMENT! Both team gave it their all no shame on either side. Great game. I am proud to have seen the game.
Cowboysfansince7 5

Stafford, TX

#11 Oct 10, 2007
jables wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree. Rex went on to have some fantastic more games that year. And he helped to win the Cards game, much like Romo did. but once he showed signs of not being perfect the Chicago/National media began looking for reasons to tear him apart. He was never a media darling like Romo and everyone was waiting for an excuse to bag him.
First of all, he was a first round pick. Second, I meant fold during the game.
newanarchy

Dallas, TX

#12 Oct 12, 2007
Cowboysfansince75 wrote:
<quoted text>It was called on him just last week. And people do not seem to understand just what exactly defines horsecollaring. He did not, as far as anyone could tell, get all the way underneath the shoulder pad. Quit crying. He did committ a 5 yard facemask. Just because Tony Kornheiser calls it a horsecollar, doesn't mean it qualifies, or that the official (who saw the facemask)could judge it to be so.
One last thing for all you idiots who tried to tell me that Roy Williams didn't commit a hoarse collar tackle, I guess the NFL agrees with me, they fined him $15,000 for it today. I'll repeat myself, why do you morons continue to challenge my superior football knowledge?
Zak

Modesto, CA

#13 Oct 12, 2007
newanarchy wrote:
<quoted text>
One last thing for all you idiots who tried to tell me that Roy Williams didn't commit a hoarse collar tackle, I guess the NFL agrees with me, they fined him $15,000 for it today. I'll repeat myself, why do you morons continue to challenge my superior football knowledge?
Yes, it was a horse collar tackle. Not sure who said it wasn't. But as for your superior football knowledge,... most of what you say is idiotic. Your "superior football knowledge" ranks with the average Eagle fan. Why you hate the Cowboys I have no idea, but your contentions regarding them are just plain ridiculous. I've been watching them since 1965 religiously, and what you say is nothing short of ridiculous.
newanarchy

Dallas, TX

#14 Oct 12, 2007
Zak wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was a horse collar tackle. Not sure who said it wasn't. But as for your superior football knowledge,... most of what you say is idiotic. Your "superior football knowledge" ranks with the average Eagle fan. Why you hate the Cowboys I have no idea, but your contentions regarding them are just plain ridiculous. I've been watching them since 1965 religiously, and what you say is nothing short of ridiculous.
And because you say it, it must be true? Please, the Cowboys are NFL darlings and get special treatment, why? Because it's all about the $$$$ and when the Cowboys do well it's good for the league. If you believe it or not it doesn't change the facts. I dream of a day when all teams are treated equal and play by the same rules, that day is not today.
Zak

Riverbank, CA

#15 Oct 13, 2007
newanarchy wrote:
<quoted text>
And because you say it, it must be true? Please, the Cowboys are NFL darlings and get special treatment, why? Because it's all about the $$$$ and when the Cowboys do well it's good for the league. If you believe it or not it doesn't change the facts. I dream of a day when all teams are treated equal and play by the same rules, that day is not today.
Right back at you. Because you say it doesn't make it so. You are a majority of ... let's see, one! Your not impressing anyone.
Cowboysfansince7 5

Stafford, TX

#16 Oct 13, 2007
If you want to see how questionable calls affect the outcome of a game and why certain calls go the way they do, tune in to NFL Total Access on Wednesdays, when the head of NFL officials is a regular guest and answers for all of those questionable calls each week. None of them have involved the Cowboys benefitting from anything. Newanarchy is wrong and has nothing to back his opinions. For every missed call in the Cowboys favor, there is one like the phantom foul against Owens in Buffalo (bogus delay of game), or the phantom illegal block called against Witten in Chicago (a clean block from the side). Newanarchy has fantasies of Dallas receiving special treatment, when in fact, they are hurt by bad calls as much as anyone else. No one with "superior football knowledge" would consider the two examples from this season I have given to be good calls.
newanarchy

Dallas, TX

#17 Oct 13, 2007
Cowboysfansince75 wrote:
If you want to see how questionable calls affect the outcome of a game and why certain calls go the way they do, tune in to NFL Total Access on Wednesdays, when the head of NFL officials is a regular guest and answers for all of those questionable calls each week. None of them have involved the Cowboys benefitting from anything. Newanarchy is wrong and has nothing to back his opinions. For every missed call in the Cowboys favor, there is one like the phantom foul against Owens in Buffalo (bogus delay of game), or the phantom illegal block called against Witten in Chicago (a clean block from the side). Newanarchy has fantasies of Dallas receiving special treatment, when in fact, they are hurt by bad calls as much as anyone else. No one with "superior football knowledge" would consider the two examples from this season I have given to be good calls.
I explained before that the call on Owens was a little questionable but if you go back and watch the play, after he tosses the ball on the ground it travel for 5 to 10 yards, I think that is why the call was made. You still haven't explained to me how Roy Williams hoarse collar call wasn't made in game with 4 refs standing right there, yet this week the NFL fines him $15,000 for the illegal tackle, why wasn't it called during the game when it could have made a difference to the outcome? That segment on the NFL network is a little bogus, Network owned by the NFL talking about Refs paid by the NFL. This last week they didn't even mention the horrible call in the Rams game that was reviewed in game and still they couldn't get the call right. James was clearly short of the goal by 1/2 a yard and they call it a touchdown. Why didn't they discuss this with the head Ref.? Because it makes them look bad, thats why. I do not expect you Cowboy homers to believe me, your freaking homers after all, while I'm a football fan, not a Cowboy fan. You guys are what we use to call KVIL Cowboy fans, if your from the area you would know what I mean. LOL.
Cowboysfansince7 5

Stafford, TX

#18 Oct 13, 2007
newanarchy wrote:
<quoted text>
I explained before that the call on Owens was a little questionable but if you go back and watch the play, after he tosses the ball on the ground it travel for 5 to 10 yards, I think that is why the call was made. You still haven't explained to me how Roy Williams hoarse collar call wasn't made in game with 4 refs standing right there, yet this week the NFL fines him $15,000 for the illegal tackle, why wasn't it called during the game when it could have made a difference to the outcome? That segment on the NFL network is a little bogus, Network owned by the NFL talking about Refs paid by the NFL. This last week they didn't even mention the horrible call in the Rams game that was reviewed in game and still they couldn't get the call right. James was clearly short of the goal by 1/2 a yard and they call it a touchdown. Why didn't they discuss this with the head Ref.? Because it makes them look bad, thats why. I do not expect you Cowboy homers to believe me, your freaking homers after all, while I'm a football fan, not a Cowboy fan. You guys are what we use to call KVIL Cowboy fans, if your from the area you would know what I mean. LOL.
I will give you the horsecollar, but my point is still valid. For every call that goes in the Cowboys favor, one does not. Owens penalty was more than a little questionable, and so was the call on Witten in Chicago. No one is disputing that. What about Steve Smith last Sunday? He gets up and spins the ball, in flagrant violation of the rule, and no flag is thrown, yet Owens casually tosses the ball to the ground and gets penalized. You have no argument, only fantasy about pro-Cowboy officiating. You keep questioning the validity of so-called "Cowboy Homers", yet you are a self-proclaimed Cowboy hater. What makes your opinion valid? I grew up in Odessa, Tx. Of course I am a Cowboys fan. I make the trip at least twice a year to Irving to catch a home game. I am first, however, a football fan. Bad calls have no target or direction. They get everyone. As far as the Owens play, that was farther from a rule violation than Jabari Greer's near pass interference on the two-point play. But if the Cowboys had lost, I would not have whined about a call or no-call. It is a part of the game. Leave it to people in Philly and Boston to cry like that. You do not have to like the Cowboys, but try to act like a Texan man, will you?
News Flash

Toronto, Canada

#19 Oct 13, 2007
Cowboys won't get so lucky this week !!!
Cowboysfansince7 5

Stafford, TX

#20 Oct 13, 2007
News Flash wrote:
Cowboys won't get so lucky this week !!!
If they play their best game, luck will not matter. Unfortunately, the injury situation in the secondary will most likely result in a failure to contain the Pats' receivers. As I have said before, this game may look much different in early February.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nick Folk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rex to Belichick: 'Not true!' Jets also pushed (Oct '13) Oct '13 Rexfeet 2
News Jets' Smith headlines AFC's best for Week 5 (Oct '13) Oct '13 Miami Joe 1
News Bad decisions costly in Week 1 (Sep '13) Sep '13 Turn Head and Cou... 32
News Smith Leads Jets to Stunning 18-17 Win over Bucs (Sep '13) Sep '13 Go Blue Forever 3
News It's Official: No Franchise Tag for the New Yor... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News NFL: Titans end Jets' playoff hopes with 14-10 win (Dec '12) Dec '12 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Jets links: Jeremy Kerley, receivers are a surp... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Teblows Boys 2
More from around the web