Packers ride their defense, kicker to...

Packers ride their defense, kicker to shutout win over rusty Jets

There are 22 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 31, 2010, titled Packers ride their defense, kicker to shutout win over rusty Jets. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Ugly. Sloppy. And, perhaps, a little rusty. It all added up to one big dud for the New York Jets.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
this was the worst

Racine, WI

#1 Nov 1, 2010
game of the weekend. the jets rolled over and laid down. another reason to believe the NFL is rigged. there is no way in hell or high waters that green barf would go to NY Jets and win not in 100 yrs. the league is so sterile its a joke. go lions.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#2 Nov 2, 2010
"They" are everywhere, scheming, colluding, and fixing everything. If you don't believe me, just wait until we get the election results later today. They know I'm on to them. I'm in danger because of what I know. I've got to go now, I hear them coming. I have to leave before it's too laaaaaaaaa
eric

Denmark, WI

#3 Nov 2, 2010
oooopppps to let they got him!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#4 Nov 2, 2010
I barely made it out in time. I'm in hiding now, but with the locating equipment they have, they are never far off. I never should have revealed that everything is rigged. I hear the helicopters. Gotta go!
Chad

United States

#5 Nov 2, 2010
this was the worst wrote:
game of the weekend. the jets rolled over and laid down. another reason to believe the NFL is rigged. there is no way in hell or high waters that green barf would go to NY Jets and win not in 100 yrs. the league is so sterile its a joke. go lions.
Poor guy, are you hallucinating from all that Purple Koolaid you drank before the season started?
Steve Tellers

Ridgecrest, CA

#6 Nov 2, 2010
That was a huge win for the Packers, now if they beat the Cowboys as expected, they will go into their bye week at 6-3, which they are probably reasonably satisfied with.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#7 Nov 3, 2010
Steve Tellers wrote:
That was a huge win for the Packers, now if they beat the Cowboys as expected, they will go into their bye week at 6-3, which they are probably reasonably satisfied with.
Of course they are satisfied. It is all a part of the master plan. It's been perfectly scripted. They are in control. The fools don't have a clue, but some of us are on to them. Be careful, you too are at risk now. They will try to get you. We are all being used and played like toys. My dog recently died. The veterinarian said it was cancer, but that only proves that he's one of them. What kind of sickos are willing to kill dogs to keep us truth seekers quiet? Watch out!
idea

Duluth, MN

#8 Nov 3, 2010
I have to agree this "win" was unexpected and fishy but hey so was the aints "great and unrigged" season last year
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#9 Nov 3, 2010
idea wrote:
I have to agree this "win" was unexpected and fishy but hey so was the aints "great and unrigged" season last year
Do you know why? Seriously, do you know why? If you do, watch your back! And keep your pets inside.
idea

Duluth, MN

#10 Nov 3, 2010
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know why? Seriously, do you know why? If you do, watch your back! And keep your pets inside.
did you blow a fuse it is obviously fixed at some level and all about money, but I wont die over saying that nor any pets I may or may not have
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#11 Nov 3, 2010
idea wrote:
<quoted text>
did you blow a fuse it is obviously fixed at some level and all about money, but I wont die over saying that nor any pets I may or may not have
Go ahead and let them kill your pets then. You think that they can fix football games and keep the secret amongst 32 owners, dozens of refs, hundreds and hundreds of coaches and management staff, and over a thousand players. Yet you think they are incapable of making your pet's death look like natural causes. Man, you are crazy as a loon!
idea

Duluth, MN

#12 Nov 3, 2010
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead and let them kill your pets then. You think that they can fix football games and keep the secret amongst 32 owners, dozens of refs, hundreds and hundreds of coaches and management staff, and over a thousand players. Yet you think they are incapable of making your pet's death look like natural causes. Man, you are crazy as a loon!
were is your support for your team, by the way the jets struggled for two games after their bye week last year as well. This one being a shut out was a little weird but Sanchez struggles in windy games. What I'm saying is are you seriously picking this game as you focal point for why the NFL is a corrupt league
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#13 Nov 3, 2010
idea wrote:
<quoted text>
were is your support for your team, by the way the jets struggled for two games after their bye week last year as well. This one being a shut out was a little weird but Sanchez struggles in windy games. What I'm saying is are you seriously picking this game as you focal point for why the NFL is a corrupt league
Are you claiming the NFL is corrupt on a sporadic or haphazard basis? You claim the game is fixed, but only sometimes? Man, you're crazier than I ever imagined! Either the games are rigged or they aren't you nut job!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#14 Nov 3, 2010
idea wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that only Viking games are rigged? And only against the Vikings? You whackos become more entertaining all the time. First you claim corruption. Now you seem to argue that believing in the corruption is nutty. Who's the nut job you flake?
idea

Duluth, MN

#15 Nov 3, 2010
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that only Viking games are rigged? And only against the Vikings? You whackos become more entertaining all the time. First you claim corruption. Now you seem to argue that believing in the corruption is nutty. Who's the nut job you flake?
Hey, buddy take a pill calm down and listen. Okay now games are rigged in favor of the NFL as whole ever wonder why so many previous non superbowl contendor never in one teams suddenly made the superbowl the vikings seem to have been hit harder but I'm probably being biased never the less Packers vs. Jets isn't too great a focal point to carry off your arguement
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#16 Nov 3, 2010
idea wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, buddy take a pill calm down and listen. Okay now games are rigged in favor of the NFL as whole ever wonder why so many previous non superbowl contendor never in one teams suddenly made the superbowl the vikings seem to have been hit harder but I'm probably being biased never the less Packers vs. Jets isn't too great a focal point to carry off your arguement
Only a whacko like you would miss the obvious sarcasm. However, you're right in one sense. The Packers vs. Jets is not a good example of NFL games being fixed. Of course, that happens to be true of EVERY NFL game. Except for Viking games, because the only explanation for any Viking loss is that THOSE games are rigged.

I'll promise to take chill pills the day you get back on the meds to control your paranoia nut job!
eric

Denmark, WI

#17 Nov 3, 2010
GBPfan wrote:
I barely made it out in time. I'm in hiding now, but with the locating equipment they have, they are never far off. I never should have revealed that everything is rigged. I hear the helicopters. Gotta go!
Thats good that you made it out,but, i blew the punch line!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#18 Nov 4, 2010
eric wrote:
<quoted text>Thats good that you made it out,but, i blew the punch line!
That's okay. I knew what you meant. Little did I know that some crazy people would find my comments normal. Can you believe the Viking fan? His only problem with any of my comments was that I was reacting crazy about the Packer/Jets game. If I had been talking about a Viking game he would have been in complete agreement. He had no problem with the paranoia and conspiracy lunacy. So much for trying to teach those people how insane they sound. Sarcasm clearly doesn't work on people that should be institutionalized. It was fun playing the role of one of the "tinfoil hat" brigade, but I've decided it's too dangerous. I'm just taking those people deeper inside their own heads, and that's the last place they need to go.
idea

Duluth, MN

#19 Nov 4, 2010
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be bringing up the game last year here's what I though of it.

I noticed last season that the New Orleans Saints got more than their share of great calls and no calls during the season and playoffs. Not once were they called for offensive holding during the playoffs. Also repeatedly lay late hits on QBs Kurt Warner and Brett Favre during playoff games, which obviously impacted the outcome of both games. During both regular season contests with the Falcons, the Saints needed last minute comebacks to win. In both games facing 3rd and long, the refs marked the ball as much as two yards in favor of the Saints to ensure that the drives kept going. If not they would have been forced to either punt away or go for a 4th down conversion. This also happened during the first season back in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.
idea

Duluth, MN

#20 Nov 4, 2010
NFL is rigged here's why

-if there are teams the league likes to help, and teams the league tries to sandbag, why? One reason would be that small markets do not bring in as much revenue as large markets. Another is that old stadiums without plush corporate luxury boxes don't bring in the bucks. A third is that some teams sell a lot more souvenir jerseys and memorabilia than others, and keeping them successful keeps the money flowing in. The Pittsburgh Steelers and Dallas Cowboys sell a lot more stuff than the Jacksonville Jaguars or Detroit Lions, for example.

-What has been the stumbling block that prevents the league from moving back into the second largest market, Los Angeles? Actually, there are two reasons. One is that the L.A. Coliseum is a crumbling dinosaur, but that is small potatoes. The real reason is that the threat of moving there can be held like the Sword of Damocles above the head of any city that doesn't want to build a new facility. They say "build us a new facility with those luxury boxes we love at public expense, or we are out of here with all the billions we generate." Most city, county, and state governments give in rather than calling this the extortion it is, and bringing prosecution against the league and their local franchise under the RICO act. They should. The NFL gets away with acting like the Mafia too much.

-The San Diego Chargers get to the playoffs seemingly every year, but no further. Why would the league pick on them? No new stadium. I strongly suspect that the league would much rather see them become the Los Angeles Chargers.

-Another one is the Buffalo Bills. Buffalo is cold, and that stadium is old. Ralph Wilson doesn't even want to stay there. He wants to move to Toronto, a move that could be the beginning of the end for the Canadian Football League:(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nick Folk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rex to Belichick: 'Not true!' Jets also pushed (Oct '13) Oct '13 Rexfeet 2
News Jets' Smith headlines AFC's best for Week 5 (Oct '13) Oct '13 Miami Joe 1
News Bad decisions costly in Week 1 (Sep '13) Sep '13 Turn Head and Cou... 32
News Smith Leads Jets to Stunning 18-17 Win over Bucs (Sep '13) Sep '13 Go Blue Forever 3
News It's Official: No Franchise Tag for the New Yor... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News NFL: Titans end Jets' playoff hopes with 14-10 win (Dec '12) Dec '12 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Jets links: Jeremy Kerley, receivers are a surp... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Teblows Boys 2
More from around the web