Green Bay Packers stop rusty New York...

Green Bay Packers stop rusty New York Jets with 9-0 victory in a snoozer

There are 31 comments on the CLTV - Chicago Land's TV story from Oct 31, 2010, titled Green Bay Packers stop rusty New York Jets with 9-0 victory in a snoozer. In it, CLTV - Chicago Land's TV reports that:

The New York Jets came out of their bye-week break with one big dud. Mason Crosby kicked three field goals for Green Bay, and that was all the Packers needed as they held the rested but sloppy Jets off the scoreboard for a 9-0 victory Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CLTV - Chicago Land's TV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
normallylikeyell ow

Philipsburg, PA

#1 Oct 31, 2010
Who cares of it was a snoozer? I was very encouraged to see this team get an ugly win. I wasn't sure we had it in us.
Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#2 Oct 31, 2010
Exactly, the offense played bad and the team overall still hasn't played 4 quarters and still beat one of the best teams in the AFC, nice win.
Danger

Sioux Falls, SD

#3 Oct 31, 2010
Apparently this team has some serious depth. 2nd and 3rd stringers are playing like 1st stringers. That and Capers is clearly a genius.
PackerPaul

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Oct 31, 2010
On track to win the Division

Game ball to the punter He had a great game

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#5 Oct 31, 2010
Danger wrote:
Apparently this team has some serious depth. 2nd and 3rd stringers are playing like 1st stringers. That and Capers is clearly a genius.
Congratz. Brett played well.

Wait this is the wrong forum. My bad.

Oh well while I am here I have this 2 say.

What he heck is happenin to both our teams?

Wow Danger, tuff loss considering how good BF played. You fans went through this for a long time huh?

No regrets being a Vike fan. Could be a Bills fan. Oh wait, kinda the same thing,,,,,,,,,,

2 game lead is huge, nice win GL.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#7 Nov 1, 2010
Game after game the defense plays well enough to win and the offense does little to help. The difference this game is that the defense didn't allow the offense to screw this one up. Dom Capers is a magician. He seems to pull a rabbit out of his hat every week.

I loved this "snoozer" of a game. I guess you have to appreciate good defense.
wal0645

Yorktown, VA

#8 Nov 1, 2010
The pack seem more solid up the middle since Bishop and Hawk replaced injured Barnett and Chillar. When you factor Pepah is playing as good as Burnett was playing, then you see why the defense is pretty good. Raji is another player having a good year along with the better play from Williams. Add these guys to Woodson, Jenkins, Matthews, and Collins and you have a damn good unit. Another key factor is offensive line which is playing really well. Tauscher will never see starting RT again unless Clifton goes down; Bulaga and Sitton on the right side are pretty nasty.
eric

Denmark, WI

#9 Nov 1, 2010
The depth is playing well at this point.Howard Green was able to play pretty well and give Raji a bit of a break.
A win over Minn and then on the road in NY, 2 big wins,a win over a division rival and then a big win on the road vs one of the best in the AFC.
Now, we cant let up,Dallas in a week at home,then the bye week then the home stretch.
Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#10 Nov 1, 2010
eric wrote:
The depth is playing well at this point.Howard Green was able to play pretty well and give Raji a bit of a break.
A win over Minn and then on the road in NY, 2 big wins,a win over a division rival and then a big win on the road vs one of the best in the AFC.
Now, we cant let up,Dallas in a week at home,then the bye week then the home stretch.
That was the problem for GB, not being able to rotate fresh bodies for this D. Howard Greene was a breath of fresh air. Once Pickett gets back, this D should rank among the BEST AGAIN at stopping the rush. I thought A.J. played another extremely well game, and to think I wanted him traded prior to the season. He seems to playing as a 5th overall pick should with his salary. BTW, Tramon Williams is DA man!!!
Da Bears 2010

Elgin, IL

#11 Nov 1, 2010
GBPfan wrote:
Game after game the defense plays well enough to win and the offense does little to help. The difference this game is that the defense didn't allow the offense to screw this one up. Dom Capers is a magician. He seems to pull a rabbit out of his hat every week.
I loved this "snoozer" of a game. I guess you have to appreciate good defense.
I didnt think the Pack had a chance with the Jets, but they played great. Congrats!!! You'll probably stuff the Cowpokes and take a well deserved bye week. Bears need to step it up to have a chance.
Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#12 Nov 1, 2010
Danger wrote:
I wouldn't say genius, GB had two blown coverages that should have resulted in TD's. Santonio dropped a pass, and Edwards was wide open down the middle and Sanchez plain and simple just missed him. Don't get me wrong, the D played awesome, but the Jets had many dropped passes and missed opportunities. I guess I could say the same for the GB offense. Rodgers missed Jennings twice for a big play and Jones dropped a big play pass that fell right into his hands, also Quarless dropped a big gain pass also. I wonder why the screen game was not used more often, it was so effective against Minn.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#13 Nov 1, 2010
Packers slowly starting to look like...WHAT WE THOUGHT THEY WERE.....
normallylikeyell ow

State College, PA

#14 Nov 2, 2010
Well I started this, but let's keep it in perspective. We still gave up another huge kick return. Our 3rd down problems linger. Brian Schottenheimer seemed to play right into our hands and we did get a couple of calls our way, too. Good win, but Dallas isn't going to roll over for us--not the way we beat'em last season. I expect Sunday to be tough.
answerman

Appleton, WI

#15 Nov 2, 2010
In an age when the perception of "how good your team is" seems to be predicated on how good your quarterback is... this was actually a good game in my mind. Shutting out any team, much less one of the top teams in the league, is a huge accomplishment. Not that it was perfect, but Coach Lombardi would have seen a lot to like in this game.

Eric's right though... the Packers can't let up against Dallas. In fact, they can't let up against anyone. Every game needs to be approached as though they are the underdog.

By the way, two random thoughts:

(1) though I've gone on record here before as saying I don't make predictions, I'd like to point out that back in August I observed that I was more concerned with the Bears than I was with the Vikings being a threat to the Packers this year... so far that's holding out nicely, and

(2) have any of you been over to the Viking forum? I won't post there, because I don't want to be seen as a troll and I think it's just bad form (unless it's a crosspost with this forum), but WOW is the bandwagon losing passengers. The "good" fans like CT Viking Fan, 40for60, eric113, etc. seem to be rather quiet while all the "fickle" ones are throwing anyone and everyone under the bus. It's kind of fun to watch in a sad way, like seeing a train wreck...
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#16 Nov 2, 2010
In an age when the perception of "how good your team is" seems to be predicated on how good your quarterback is... this was actually another bad game in my mind. Rodgers was less than impressive again. Aaron has one of the worst QB ratings in the entire league running the 2-minute offense. The Packers have poor 3rd down effeciency and the offense has been terrible in the 4th quarter. If the Packers are only as good as Rodgers has been playing, the Packers are in trouble.

Fortunately, the game of football is a team game. Those of us that understand that enjoyed this game and there was much to be pleased about. Imagine if Aaron and the offense ever start to play near their potential.

As for the Viking fans, I have seen the panic and finger pointing. I do enjoy the whining and crying. The latest stuff about Moss is great. Moss becomes the locker room cancer he's known to be. And people are asking for Childress scalp, as if it's his fault. The complaints are coming from the same people that were complaining a few days ago that Childress didn't show a backbone. The chaos is entertaining. I look forward to seeing some more!
eric

Denmark, WI

#17 Nov 2, 2010
Thing is Childress is the same coach that got them to the NFC title game last year.Moss is what he is a cancer with tremendous talent! you roll the dice and sometimes you win others not so much.
Dallas game with no Donald Driver who said himself on ESPN Madsion today he wont play Sunday,but, with the bye after he will be rested enough for Minn so thats good and bad,we SHOULD beat Dallas without DD BUT we cant let up,beat Dallas and go into the bye at 6-3 Not bad and i am pretty impressed with the depth play the past few weeks,alot of guys stepped up to a point,Defense wins championships,offense wins fans and excitment adn to shut out NY in NY with that tremendous 1 2 punch ( LT and Greene) and o line,that was pretty damn impresive.AR had a bad game and 3 points set up on a fake FG and a 30 yr. pass,but, GB defense made a few very nice plays to force TO to set up a few more FG against a very good team. We can not play that bad offensively every game,they must play better ball then that, 9 points wont do it and granted NYJ are a very good defense and part of AR problem to a certain degree was the fact Revis and Cromartie were the corners,thats a very good secondary at the corners right there!
Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#18 Nov 3, 2010
eric wrote:
Thing is Childress is the same coach that got them to the NFC title game last year.Moss is what he is a cancer with tremendous talent! you roll the dice and sometimes you win others not so much.
Dallas game with no Donald Driver who said himself on ESPN Madsion today he wont play Sunday,but, with the bye after he will be rested enough for Minn so thats good and bad,we SHOULD beat Dallas without DD BUT we cant let up,beat Dallas and go into the bye at 6-3 Not bad and i am pretty impressed with the depth play the past few weeks,alot of guys stepped up to a point,Defense wins championships,offense wins fans and excitment adn to shut out NY in NY with that tremendous 1 2 punch ( LT and Greene) and o line,that was pretty damn impresive.AR had a bad game and 3 points set up on a fake FG and a 30 yr. pass,but, GB defense made a few very nice plays to force TO to set up a few more FG against a very good team. We can not play that bad offensively every game,they must play better ball then that, 9 points wont do it and granted NYJ are a very good defense and part of AR problem to a certain degree was the fact Revis and Cromartie were the corners,thats a very good secondary at the corners right there!
I listened to McCarthy's press conference and he took the blame for the lack of offense production. He said that when GB went to the basics of the offense that they were successful, but he didn't stick with it. he said they will be better prepared for a talented Dallas team.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#19 Nov 3, 2010
Jeremy wrote:
<quoted text>I listened to McCarthy's press conference and he took the blame for the lack of offense production. He said that when GB went to the basics of the offense that they were successful, but he didn't stick with it. he said they will be better prepared for a talented Dallas team.
I've never heard him take the blame in a loss, just the opposite in fact. Anybody can take the blame when you win because nobody really cares. It's only slightly magnanimous of McCarthy to take blame in a win, but it's meaningless. Unless the offensive production consistently changes from here on out, it's just B.S. Even the Jags can rack up points against the Cowgirls. Anything less than a blow out this week will be disappointing even if McCarthy does nothing differently whatsoever.
eric

Denmark, WI

#20 Nov 3, 2010
They should blowout Dallas,but, they also have 53 professional football players so Mc. better make sure they are ready,prepared and not looking forward to a week off of golf in NC during the bye week.
Mike Montgomery was released,so now there is 52 players,which opens a spot for either Harris or Bigby im thinking.But if you active both,they will have to release 1 more player,i wonder who.
Someone was joking on a talk show,since the Packers opened up a spot i wonder if they will claim Moss off of waivers? I thought the host was going to choke on his morning coffee! Moss is a head case and a cancer,so when BF wanted him so bad,guess TT knew what he was doing by staying away from him.Minn wanted to make BF happy and needed a WR, so they gave him a shot and as we can see,it didnt work out.IF someone claims him off waivers,they pickup Moss contract i beleive,so maybe teams will let the time elapse and try signing him a bit later to a new deal so they arent on the hook for a few Million,or they just want to see whats out there.
Anyway, a win puts them at 6-3, at least a 1/2 game lead on CHI. and a decent lead on Minn and Det going into a bye week and hopefully they can fix their offensive problems abit.If they play like they can offensively and play defense like they did vs a very good NYJ team,they should be ok and hopefully they get on a roll down the stretch as they have some tough games left,Minn on the road,ATL on the road, NE on the road and NE has won somewhere around 25 straight getting close to BF consecutive home wins record ,still have to play in Det. and NYG and Chi at home so a lot of good teams left to play,so one game at a time
Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#21 Nov 3, 2010
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never heard him take the blame in a loss, just the opposite in fact. Anybody can take the blame when you win because nobody really cares. It's only slightly magnanimous of McCarthy to take blame in a win, but it's meaningless. Unless the offensive production consistently changes from here on out, it's just B.S. Even the Jags can rack up points against the Cowgirls. Anything less than a blow out this week will be disappointing even if McCarthy does nothing differently whatsoever.
If you go to the Packers official website, there are interviews every week with players, and the coach holds a couple press conferences every week. He has taken the responsibility in the losses also. He understands that it starts with the game plan and preperation. He knows Dallas is still talented and understands that success is much more difficult to deal with in the NFL than failure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nick Folk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rex to Belichick: 'Not true!' Jets also pushed (Oct '13) Oct '13 Rexfeet 2
News Jets' Smith headlines AFC's best for Week 5 (Oct '13) Oct '13 Miami Joe 1
News Bad decisions costly in Week 1 (Sep '13) Sep '13 Turn Head and Cou... 32
News Smith Leads Jets to Stunning 18-17 Win over Bucs (Sep '13) Sep '13 Go Blue Forever 3
News It's Official: No Franchise Tag for the New Yor... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News NFL: Titans end Jets' playoff hopes with 14-10 win (Dec '12) Dec '12 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Jets links: Jeremy Kerley, receivers are a surp... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Teblows Boys 2
More from around the web