Turnovers, poor offense condemn Dolph...

Turnovers, poor offense condemn Dolphins to 0-2 start

There are 178 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Sep 16, 2007, titled Turnovers, poor offense condemn Dolphins to 0-2 start. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

During pregame warmups, Dolphins Pro Bowl defensive end Jason Taylor angrily ripped a Dallas Cowboys banner off the railing of the lower bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Dru down

Casa Grande, AZ

#1 Sep 16, 2007
This team stinks! Get rid of Ca-Moron and start cleaning house I'm tired of paying money to see a looser!
Miami

Dallas, TX

#2 Sep 16, 2007
let the 38 year old QB sit. And let the 30 year old rookie play.
Ramsterone

United States

#3 Sep 16, 2007
OMG ! that was ugly , I know were rebuilding but good God.Is it to early to talk about the draft ? We still have to many bum's on the team like Chambers and J. Allen and the rest.Wes Welker had a great game tonight for the Pat's to bad we couldn't keep him and trade Chambers.
Ramsterone

United States

#4 Sep 16, 2007
Beck would have no O-line and no one to throw the ball to.
Dandy Don Meredith

New York, NY

#5 Sep 16, 2007
Turn out the lights..,
the party's oooovvvveeerrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
john

AOL

#6 Sep 16, 2007
Give it one last shot against the jets. If they lose, tank the season. Let Beck play more, let taylor and thomas play part time or just trade them for picks.
Brent Baragar

North Battleford, Canada

#7 Sep 16, 2007
Wow, this is absolutely scary. Please tell me which segment of the Dolphins is worse--offense, defense, special teams? We knew the offense was going to struggle. Thought the defense would pride themselves as leaders of the team. Sure is a lot of question marks, though. Questionable draft choices, surprising releases, debatable play calling--sure hope Cameron knows what he is doing.
Steve-O

Germantown, TN

#8 Sep 16, 2007
Dandy Don Meredith wrote:
Turn out the lights..,
the party's oooovvvveeerrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
Classic reference!
fifi

Miami, FL

#10 Sep 16, 2007
Well, here we are again looking at a failed season before the end of September.
Woodstrock

Hollywood, FL

#11 Sep 16, 2007
That second half was brutal! Let me rephrase that, that game was brutal! Even the bright spots like the Dolphins driving down the field inside of 1:00 in the half started ugly and ended hideously. Then a take-charge drive to open the second half followed up by mistake after mistake.
This team is inconsistent - and that is an extreme understatement. I would have hoped that the veterans with experience would be the stabilizing presence while the young guys learn on the field. But neither are functioning very well at the moment. And what's really troubling is the inconsistencies with the veterans: Chambers jumps offside, Green can't spike the football without fumbling it, Porter tearing off a helmet, veteran D lineman unable to generate a pass rush, etc. And these are the team's leaders?? Yikes.
Either these guys have to figure out how to pull themselves together and perform like leaders, or this is going to be an awfully long season.
TWo

Roseville, CA

#12 Sep 16, 2007
This franchise should be in the Pac-10. I hate to admit I am a fan of this team. They have been a team w/ no direction for some time now.

“Wasilla Moose Chick for Sale”

Since: Aug 07

Definitely Not Wasilla

#13 Sep 16, 2007
What purpose is there to have this old QB in the team if the plan was to throw out a lot of the players and clean house to make it appear like a 5 year project and to make it appear that these players in this team are a special kind of Cam Cameron player. For what I saw they were just as undisciplined and as winded and as out of shape and as penalty prone as any of the worse teams that the Dolphins have had.

And the QB's arm does not have any strength to reach the sideline passes so I wonder since they were looking for Northeast type of kickers when they got rid of the other kicker then what is this weak armed frail as hell old QB going to do when he is faced with windy fall and wintery conditions up north.

There is no reason to have declared this QB the starter and why not play Lemon or the other guy. This game today was as winnable but this offense was terrible and kept the defense on the field. Exactly the same thing that happened to the UM with Kyle Wright for 2 years in a row and now a third year where Mr. Wright was 3 and out and the Defense was back on the field.

The tackling well, you saw it and if these are the special discipline players that made all the other bad apples expendable, why were they committing stupid penalties one after the other.

This is another time that Huizenga is going for another ride because he should have put his foot down and told this guy who knows no better, he is a rookie coach, that he did not want the house cleaned that he wanted to go slow with the 5 year plans that what we want was a 2 year plan. What is going on?

And this Wes Welker thing that he was the most effective player and was traded away for these draft choices. He was the best player last year and he caught a truckload of balls and returns against San Diego tonight while Mr. Teddy Gimp is sitting on the sidelines. Hey, let these guys play ball. Sit Trent Green on the bench, he is not going to take this team anywhere. He looks sickly and tired and sure, he piles up statistics in completions and yards but what did he do.

IS THIS NOT THE SAME THING WE SAW WITH ALL THE OTHER OFFENSES SINCE MARINO HAD HIS LAST YEAR WITH THE NICE GUY BUT TOTALLY INCONGRUENT AND INCOMPETENT DAVE WANNSTEDT.

This is an uggly team with no real prospects of anything happening. They were running Ronnie Brown and then he was put on the bench. I missed what happened with him but he might not be much but he is all they have. Man, and our receivers look slow compared to these other athletes. Did Nick Saban leave anyone in the team that is worth anything???

I bet you that Trent Green was wondering where were Larry Johnson and Tony Gonzalez and Priest Holmes and that great KC offensive line he had...???? I could not understand why this coach went through so many trapeze acts to get this old QB here who is just never been a star himself. He was Fiedler improved but that was years ago.....

Oy vey! Give me a shoulder. I want to cry. Now listen, they other day a Jet fan gave me a shoulder to cry on and it smelled bad, bad odor. Slimy creatures, lurking about in green dress.
TWo

Roseville, CA

#14 Sep 16, 2007
Wow wes, you sure made it back to Florida fast. Idiot
FINE

Boca Raton, FL

#15 Sep 16, 2007
I watches Brown since he came here, I think he's a burst. We need a running game.
marino13

Shepherdsville, KY

#16 Sep 16, 2007
I'm tired of hearing that we're rebuilding. This isn't baseball. Any team that's been bad in one season can be good the next. Look at the Texans, look at the Bears, and even the Cowboys. This is just a bad franchise
I-NOT

Pompano Beach, FL

#17 Sep 16, 2007
PATHETIC!!!
Beast

United States

#18 Sep 16, 2007
all of you guys are ripping on any player possible. you are truely dumbass fans, and nto real dolphins fans. if the dolphins soemhow won the game and trent green had 4 int, would u be complaing? i dont think so. The dolphins got their ass kicked playign and simple as a whole team. we need to move on and stop b i t c h i n g.
FBickford

AOL

#19 Sep 16, 2007
It's real simple, the owner or the coach on his own should realize that it's time to start Lemon and Beck later in the year as they get ready for '08. Comon sense cries out that Green will equal more losses without any hope in '08, especially if Beck starts without gaining experience in '07. So, bench Green and play the reaminder of the year with Lemon and then Beck..........my annual trip to Miami is xancelled..........
Cowboys Stadium

Pompano Beach, FL

#20 Sep 16, 2007
I was at the game Sunday: "LETS GO COWBOYS!!!!!" "LETS GO COWBOYS!!!!!" It was fun stomping you out in your own yard, letting you know about it the whole game and singing GOOD-BYE to you as you left your (OUR!) house. The Cowboys played sloppy as can be and still just manhandled your dysfunctional futile cheesy franchise.

It will take several great major decisions before the dolphins are competitive again...oh yeah, that means contending for the superbowl and not signing enough overpayed clowns and 1st round gimmick picks to almost win some games. HWH and his crew still don't seem to get that. Unbelievable!!!

Dolphins: A bottom tier team that has made no progress and truly has no heart.

Are the Cowboys good enough to come out of the weak (under-rated?) NFC??? I'll have plenty of fun finding out.

Hope you 'Fans are better at running your own fantasy teams, cuz right now and likely until at least this off-season (with great major decisions), pro football in South Florida is IRRrrelevant.

Happy griping.

It may say I'm from LA, nope, i live down here...my fingers on the pulse
Caddy

United States

#21 Sep 16, 2007
Well, here's some good news.

1. At least we're still tied for 2nd in the AFC East

2. At least we're still perfect in the Conference and the Divisional games, so we're good on the "tiebreaker" scenarios

3. As the de facto "farm team" for the New England Patriots the last few years, we can learn who are best three players are to send up north next year for their ring fitting ceremony.(It seems like after this season, there will be at least 10 former Dolphins who left and won it all in New England)

4. We're still looking good for a Top 10 draft pick in April again.

5. At least we're averaging more points per game than the Chargers are this season.

Maybe it's time for Cam to make the Sabanesque speech about how the results on the field don't really matter, that this is all part of a bigger "Process." THat sparked a 6-game winning streak two years ago.

Anyway, it's done. Time to focus on next week and try to forget about this debacle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nick Folk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rex to Belichick: 'Not true!' Jets also pushed (Oct '13) Oct '13 Rexfeet 2
News Jets' Smith headlines AFC's best for Week 5 (Oct '13) Oct '13 Miami Joe 1
News Bad decisions costly in Week 1 (Sep '13) Sep '13 Turn Head and Cou... 32
News Smith Leads Jets to Stunning 18-17 Win over Bucs (Sep '13) Sep '13 Go Blue Forever 3
News It's Official: No Franchise Tag for the New Yor... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News NFL: Titans end Jets' playoff hopes with 14-10 win (Dec '12) Dec '12 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Jets links: Jeremy Kerley, receivers are a surp... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Teblows Boys 2
More from around the web