Why Ted Thompson Needs to Be Fired as...

Why Ted Thompson Needs to Be Fired as GM of the Green Bay Packers

There are 149 comments on the Bleacher Report story from Aug 10, 2009, titled Why Ted Thompson Needs to Be Fired as GM of the Green Bay Packers. In it, Bleacher Report reports that:

Reports are circulating that the Green Bay Packers and their general manager Ted Thompson are interested in signing maligned quarterback Michael Vick... Why Ted Thompson Needs to Be Fired as GM of the Green Bay Packers Reports are circulating that the Green Bay Packers and their general manager Ted Thompson are interested in signing maligned ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bleacher Report.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
GBPmies

Tornio, Finland

#141 Aug 21, 2009
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. What were the words you couldn't understand in my answer in post #81? When are you going to answer my questions? Are you too stupid to answer my questions or too chicken?
I understood all of the words, thanks for your concern. I asked you a direct question and you indirectly answered it by replying to someone else’s post, not mine. In post #81 you agreed with Jeremy and his predictions. Those being “If the Pack go 13-3, he'll stay, If they go 6-10, he has to be fired”

I guess you agreed he SHOULD stay if they go 13-3, not that he will, there is a difference. We all know he will stay if they go 13-3.

Now I will answer your questions because it is fair and that is how normal conversations hshould go.

Shouldn't the Packers already have fired TT?
-- NO

If not, how many games do the Packers need to lose before you say "enough"?
-- 7 this season with this schedule.

How many times should the Packers fail to make the playoffs before TT deserves to be fired?
-- If the Pack do not make the playoffs this year AND next year he should be fired.

Another question for you.
-Let’s say the Packers go 10-6 this year and make the playoffs… Should TT be fired?
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#142 Aug 21, 2009
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
I understood all of the words, thanks for your concern. I asked you a direct question and you indirectly answered it by replying to someone else’s post, not mine. In post #81 you agreed with Jeremy and his predictions. Those being “If the Pack go 13-3, he'll stay, If they go 6-10, he has to be fired”
I guess you agreed he SHOULD stay if they go 13-3, not that he will, there is a difference. We all know he will stay if they go 13-3.
Now I will answer your questions because it is fair and that is how normal conversations hshould go.
Shouldn't the Packers already have fired TT?
-- NO
If not, how many games do the Packers need to lose before you say "enough"?
-- 7 this season with this schedule.
How many times should the Packers fail to make the playoffs before TT deserves to be fired?
-- If the Pack do not make the playoffs this year AND next year he should be fired.
Another question for you.
-Let’s say the Packers go 10-6 this year and make the playoffs… Should TT be fired?
See, this is exactly why it is foolish to start playing the "what if" game. You say TT should be fired if the Packers lose 7 games. At 9-7 they easily could miss the playoffs. Yet you indicate TT should not be fired unless the Packers fail to make the playoffs this year AND next year. If the Packer's go 9-7 and fail to make the playoffs, does TT deserve to get fired or not?

Why don't we both just deal with the existing facts. I appreciate that you value my opinion so much. However, the facts in hypothetical scenarios can be endlessly changed and often lead to inconsistent answers just as you gave me.

The best answer I can give is that I reserve the right to assess the season and TT's entire record based upon the facts as they ACTUALLY unfold. Because, for example, under your scenario, there is a big difference between the Packers making the playoofs and winning the Super Bowl versus getting blown out in the first round of the playoffs. I'm not interested in getting into an endless "what if" game.
Realistic Packer Fan

De Pere, WI

#143 Aug 21, 2009
This message is for anyone who calls themselves a Packer fan: If you ever say "GO _____!" and the "______" does not contain the words "Green Bay", "Packers", "Green Bay Packers", or "Pack"- STOP CALLING YOURSELF A FAN. PERIOD.

You are embarassing the sh!t out of the rest of us "True" Packer fans. Never and I mean N-E-V-E-R, will a "true" fan of any team of any sport root for an opposing team- let alone arch rival of their team (unless said team needs another team to win in order to make the playoffs).

I am hereby claiming Packer "Fan Law" #1 to be as follows:

"A self proclaimed Packer Fan who utters the words "Go Vikes" is not a Packer fan NOR a Vikings fan, but a former fan who resides in fandom pergatory."

If you ever violate this law- you are to be considered pathetic and a disgrace to Packer Nation.

As Vince would put it: "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT HERE!!!"
GBPmies

Tornio, Finland

#144 Aug 21, 2009
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
See, this is exactly why it is foolish to start playing the "what if" game. You say TT should be fired if the Packers lose 7 games. At 9-7 they easily could miss the playoffs. Yet you indicate TT should not be fired unless the Packers fail to make the playoffs this year AND next year. If the Packer's go 9-7 and fail to make the playoffs, does TT deserve to get fired or not?
Why don't we both just deal with the existing facts. I appreciate that you value my opinion so much. However, the facts in hypothetical scenarios can be endlessly changed and often lead to inconsistent answers just as you gave me.
The best answer I can give is that I reserve the right to assess the season and TT's entire record based upon the facts as they ACTUALLY unfold. Because, for example, under your scenario, there is a big difference between the Packers making the playoofs and winning the Super Bowl versus getting blown out in the first round of the playoffs. I'm not interested in getting into an endless "what if" game.
I certainly understand your point about the “what if game”. I did answer your questions though, it is not my fault you phrased them that way:) The only thing is Ted IS the GM and has NOT been fired and that possibility of him being fired will not happen again till after the season. I guess we can agree on that. I do not think it hurts to discuss what needs to happen for him to stay on board, after all he IS the current GM. Saying he should have been fired is moot because he wasn't and is still here. I see no reason to discuss "if" he “should have been” but rather IF he will be.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#145 Aug 21, 2009
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly understand your point about the “what if game”. I did answer your questions though, it is not my fault you phrased them that way:) The only thing is Ted IS the GM and has NOT been fired and that possibility of him being fired will not happen again till after the season. I guess we can agree on that. I do not think it hurts to discuss what needs to happen for him to stay on board, after all he IS the current GM. Saying he should have been fired is moot because he wasn't and is still here. I see no reason to discuss "if" he “should have been” but rather IF he will be.
I agree. But, if you have noticed, many so-called Packer fans completely misrepresent the facts about TT. They foster a belief that he has been much more successful than he really has been. They also act as though this is year one under his management. They would be completely satisfied if the Packers simply improve on last year's 6-10 record.

I simply want Packer fans to be aware of the facts. Only then will the fans exert the kind of pressure that they should at the end of the season. The endless excuses made by the TT lovers feed right into the culture of losing that TT has created. I intend to keep fans grounded.

If TT really is as great as his admirers claim, he will prove himself this year. I wish to make sure that the losing and failure doesn't continue any longer if he doesn't. I truly believe he already should have been fired. Perhaps I should have started this last year. However, who would have listened in the midst of the Favre drama? Favre still seems to interfere with a rational discussion of TT's performance as GM.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#146 Aug 22, 2009
Ron Clements states many reasons for firing Ted Thompson. However, he never mentions the main reason that TT should be fired -- the losing and the failure. TT took over a 10-6 team that frequently won and often made the playoffs. He turned it into a frequent loser that rarely makes the playoffs. The Packers are 31-33 since his arrival in Green Bay. They have made the playoffs just once. A GM hires and fires all the coaches and players. The GM is the primary person responsible for winning and losing. The record for the last 4 years is a matter of fact -- TT is a loser and a failure. Don't ignore the facts.
jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#147 Aug 22, 2009
GBPfan wrote:
Ron Clements states many reasons for firing Ted Thompson. However, he never mentions the main reason that TT should be fired -- the losing and the failure. TT took over a 10-6 team that frequently won and often made the playoffs. He turned it into a frequent loser that rarely makes the playoffs. The Packers are 31-33 since his arrival in Green Bay. They have made the playoffs just once. A GM hires and fires all the coaches and players. The GM is the primary person responsible for winning and losing. The record for the last 4 years is a matter of fact -- TT is a loser and a failure. Don't ignore the facts.
seriously, we know how you feel.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#148 Aug 22, 2009
jeremy wrote:
<quoted text>seriously, we know how you feel.
I have no interest in people knowing me, or knowing how I feel. I simply want them to know the facts!
jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#149 Aug 22, 2009
If that is the way you feel, then why are you venting about TT on here if you have no interest in how people perceive you. The amusement doesn't end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nick Barnett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ben Reiter: Postcard from camp: Bills (Aug '11) Aug '11 Pajamas 1
News Green Bay Packers 2011: 5 Players Who Could Be ... (May '11) May '11 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Agent: LB Hawk close to new deal with Packers (Mar '11) Mar '11 JOC-12 1
News Packers say goodbye to fans after Super season (Feb '11) Feb '11 Beecharmer 2
News Packers QB Aaron Rodgers weighs in on team phot... (Jan '11) Jan '11 PackerBacker-Wich... 9
News Rodgers: Some injured players didn't stay here (Jan '11) Jan '11 PR and Proud 14
News Injured Packers will be in Super Bowl team photo (Jan '11) Jan '11 GBPfan 1
More from around the web