Green Bay Packers' Nick Barnett says ...

Green Bay Packers' Nick Barnett says Brett Favre would become '...

There are 198 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 6, 2009, titled Green Bay Packers' Nick Barnett says Brett Favre would become '.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

If Brett Favre suits up for the Minnesota Vikings, he shouldn't expect his former Green Bay Packers teammates to take it easy on him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#189 May 12, 2009
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
I cited the source and pasted it so you could see it for yourself, remember, it was you that said I was an idiot for thinking this hinges on the State Legislature. Citing the source is a good way to cut through the crap, it's been around for a while, and works very well on Topix. Because this nugget of info escapes you doesn't surprise me. By the way, who feeds you?
WHACK!!!!
Like I said, stupid jokes. Yes it is stupid to think this hinges on the legislature, it hinges on you fans who don't give a damn about your team. I hope you guys get a stadium, I'll miss those great matchups every year with Green Bay.
JSF

Edgerton, WI

#190 May 12, 2009
How can you say you have more fans when the same fans go to every game where as in minnesota there are 55000 different fans at every game.and i wish you would send your smarter faqns tpo the dome instead of the imbred packer fans we always get.
jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#191 May 12, 2009
Juice wrote:
<quoted text>
When is the last time there was an actual blackout? Not the threat of one but an actual blackout? Please inform me of all these blackouts that we have yet im still able to watch them on TV. You have fans because everything is closed on Sunday in Green Bay, there is nothing else to do but watch the Slackers
The only reason they don't have black outs is because Fox puts the pressure on the local T.V. stations to come up with the rest of the money, the fans don't show up to these games, you think they miraculously sell of bunch of tickets to fans that late?
jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#192 May 12, 2009
JSF wrote:
How can you say you have more fans when the same fans go to every game where as in minnesota there are 55000 different fans at every game.and i wish you would send your smarter faqns tpo the dome instead of the imbred packer fans we always get.
The only team who has more fans are the Cowboys, look it up dumbass. I think ESPN did a pole on who are the most popular teams in sports, and Cowboys were #1, and Green Bay #2, this is including all sports. Green Bay was one of the first teams in football, ya don't think they have a lot of fans?
jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#193 May 12, 2009
One of the top ten, I wrote that wrong, but we still have more fans than the Vikings.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#194 May 12, 2009
JSF wrote:
The reason the Vikes have 55,000 different fans at every game is because most of them are there to see the other team. The Packers have two fan bases. Some season tickets go to a Green Bay fan base and some go to a Milwaukee fan base. In addition to this they have tens of thousands of names on the waiting list for season tickets. The large number of fans around the coutry probably also has something to do with the fact that the Packers have been around for a long time. So I say the Packers have more fans for the simple reason that they have more fans.
40for60

Duluth, MN

#195 May 12, 2009
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dummy, no one said the Packers have better fans. The facts are that the Packers have more fans and smarter fans. The fact that the Viqueens have any fans at all is quite amazing!
Do you use your head for anything but a hat rack? Smarter fans.....LOLOLOL
We get the news tidbits of life in cow country, like taking advantage of the nearly dead deer in the ditch, hoping for that last quiver, and don't forget running them down with the snowmobiles by your pucker brethren.
There used to be a sign on the Minnesota side of the St. Croix that said:'welcome to Minnesota, the brainpower state'.
No cheddar heads had a problem with this until a Minnesotan read it to them, and then we had to take it down as to not offend the drooling horde crossing the bridge to make their Minnesota money.
jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#196 May 12, 2009
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason the Vikes have 55,000 different fans at every game is because most of them are there to see the other team. The Packers have two fan bases. Some season tickets go to a Green Bay fan base and some go to a Milwaukee fan base. In addition to this they have tens of thousands of names on the waiting list for season tickets. The large number of fans around the coutry probably also has something to do with the fact that the Packers have been around for a long time. So I say the Packers have more fans for the simple reason that they have more fans.
I prolly make it to more games in Lambeau than most viking fans make it to the dome in their own state. I already have Vikes Packer tickets in Lambeau in case Favre shows up, but it will still be a good game otherwise.

GOLDCLAW

“Gravity controls Everything”

Since: Mar 09

The United States of America

#197 May 12, 2009
I will always be a Brett Favre fan cuzz I went to the same college as he did--The University of Southern Mississippi--Go Eagles!!
JSF

Aylett, VA

#198 May 12, 2009
well i'll admit greenbay has more passionate fans but we have other things going on besides football i mean its a 5 hour deal and thats alot of time these days when were working 5-6 days a week. our jobs are more important than footabll and family time is important to . i might be lucky to catch 3 quarters of a game then im out repairing something for monday morning.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#199 May 13, 2009
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
The history obviously is a part of that. Being an NFL fan, one cannot refute how the NFL and GB are intertwined.
To claim one fan for one team better than fans from a different team is not only illogical, it really points to the inferiority of the thinking of such fans. Which really is my point.
Football is a one trick pony in GB, and that pony is 6-10.
The was one of only 5 or 6 losing seasons since 1990. How many other teams have had that kind of sucess? Every team has down years.
jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#200 May 14, 2009
tjwillie wrote:
<quoted text>
The was one of only 5 or 6 losing seasons since 1990. How many other teams have had that kind of sucess? Every team has down years.
This is last 11 years, copied off a website. 1.Patriots - 67.04%(8 p/o Apps)(3 sb wins)
2. Packers - 62.50%(8 p/o Apps)
3. Colts - 61.36%(8 p/o Apps)(1 sb win)
4. Broncos - 60.89%(8 p/o Apps)(2 sb wins)
5. Steelers - 60.51%(8 p/o Apps)(1 sb win)
6. Jaguars - 56.81%(8 p/o Apps)
7. Titans - 56.25%(8 p/o Apps)
8. Seahawks - 55.68%(8 p/o Apps)
9. Eagles - 55.39%(8 p/o Apps)
10. Bucs - 54.54%(7 p/o Apps)(1 sb win)
11. Vikings - 54.54%(5 Playoff Apps)
12. Giants - 53.12%(6 p/o Apps)(1 sb win)
13. Chiefs - 52.84%(3 p/o Apps)
14. Ravens - 52.55%(4 p/o Apps)(1 sb win)
15. Jets - 51.70%(5 p/o Apps)
jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#201 May 14, 2009
Yes, I copied it, but it was easier than trying to explain to a Viking fan who is better. Sick of hearing their ignorant bullshit!!!
Juice

Saint Paul, MN

#202 May 14, 2009
jeremy wrote:
Yes, I copied it, but it was easier than trying to explain to a Viking fan who is better. Sick of hearing their ignorant ****!!!
Were talking about here and now, not the past pal. As of right now the Vikes are better. Facts are facts

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#203 May 14, 2009
Juice wrote:
<quoted text>
Were talking about here and now, not the past pal. As of right now the Vikes are better. Facts are facts
Actually, as of now they are even, last year is done.
Juice

Saint Paul, MN

#204 May 14, 2009
tjwillie wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, as of now they are even, last year is done.
Touche my friend!
Sunflower

Bothell, WA

#206 May 16, 2009
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Packer Greats still live in Green Bay???
Bart?, Paul?, Brett? Basically, none!! Eller(hof) Paige (hof) McDaniel(hof), Studwell, and many more, All still live in the Twin City Area OH So did Max McGree until he recently passed on!! GB, nice place to visit, in the summer, but no one who doesn't have to, lives there!
Who cares were a person lives it is the team they root for.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#208 May 18, 2009
Sunflower wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares were a person lives it is the team they root for.
Except in Cleveland where they root for a team name. Their "team" went to Baltimore and those people didn't care because they got to root for a new team with the same name and ugly colors as the previous team. Some fans don't really root for the players or the team. Some fans are just rooting for a uniform. So you are right. Nobody cares where retired players live.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nick Barnett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ben Reiter: Postcard from camp: Bills (Aug '11) Aug '11 Pajamas 1
News Green Bay Packers 2011: 5 Players Who Could Be ... (May '11) May '11 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Agent: LB Hawk close to new deal with Packers (Mar '11) Mar '11 JOC-12 1
News Packers say goodbye to fans after Super season (Feb '11) Feb '11 Beecharmer 2
News Packers QB Aaron Rodgers weighs in on team phot... (Jan '11) Jan '11 PackerBacker-Wich... 9
News Rodgers: Some injured players didn't stay here (Jan '11) Jan '11 PR and Proud 14
News Injured Packers will be in Super Bowl team photo (Jan '11) Jan '11 GBPfan 1
More from around the web