NFL rule changes do little to protect defenders

Oct 22, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: National Post

Some NFL defenders are wondering when the league is going to crack down on infractions they see as equally deserving of suspensions as helmet hits, particularly illegal blocks that go on in the trenches.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Nov 8, 2010
LOL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

BOO HOOOO HOOOOOO, you're just picking on me.....they did it too......

WAAAA WAAA WAAAAAAA.......mama, he hit me first.....

sheese.....grow the fluck up!!!!!!!!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

The defense has a point. Is the NFL really interested in protecting players? Defensive players get injured also! Nearly every rule change in the last 30 years seems more designed to increase scoring than to "protect" players. The league only seems interested in the risk of injuries when it's viewed as a threat to offensive players.

Great. More scoring has only created more blow outs and more boring games. The good thing is that if the NFL gets what it wants, I'll rarely need to waste my time watching more than the first half of a game.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

How many running backs and recievers, do we have to see commiting face mask penaltys on defensive players, before they throw a f*cking flag??????????
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

The NFL is becoming the NBA. Offensive players can initiate contact, push, elbow, travel, palm the ball or anything else as long they score! Penalties are reserved almost exclusively for the defense. Yippie! The NFL is headed quickly toward 3 digit scores! If the NFL wants to eliminate the contact, let's complete the conversion to flag football right now. The problem is that people can collide and get injured playing flag football also. Hmmmmmmmm. The league can water down the game even more I'm sure. Perhaps flag football played in huge bubbles.

The NFL needs to be careful what it asks for, it may get it.
Bullfarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

Getfarts
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

Good weekend, good games, and nary a head shot....see, it can be done....
david

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Go Blue wrote:
the denver broncos are doing very good this season
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Go Blue wrote:
That no head shot thing didn't last long, did it? Of course it can be done. Not most weeks, but it can be done.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nick Barnett Discussions

Search the Nick Barnett Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ben Reiter: Postcard from camp: Bills (Aug '11) Aug '11 Pajamas 1
Green Bay Packers 2011: 5 Players Who Could Be ... (May '11) May '11 Laughing Bear Fan 2
Agent: LB Hawk close to new deal with Packers (Mar '11) Mar '11 JOC-12 1
Packers say goodbye to fans after Super season (Feb '11) Feb '11 Beecharmer 2
Packers QB Aaron Rodgers weighs in on team phot... (Jan '11) Jan '11 PackerBacker-WichitaKs 9
Rodgers: Some injured players didn't stay here (Jan '11) Jan '11 PR and Proud 14
Injured Packers will be in Super Bowl team photo (Jan '11) Jan '11 GBPfan 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••