Packers' Barnett wants no part of bei...

Packers' Barnett wants no part of being moved

There are 2 comments on the Chippewa Herald story from Aug 9, 2006, titled Packers' Barnett wants no part of being moved. In it, Chippewa Herald reports that:

Nick Barnett wanted to get something off his chest Tuesday afternoon. The Green Bay Packers middle linebacker - for now, anyway - does not want to move to another position.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chippewa Herald.

Bill

Random Lake, WI

#1 Aug 10, 2006
I think the Packers should move Barnett and try Hodge out at the MLB spot, especially for the 1st couple preseason games to see what he's got. If after 2 weeks Hodge doesn't look so good move Barnett back to the middle and figure out the SOLB. Considering that Thompson says that the linebackers can be interchanged I don't see much of a problem here. No matter how this turns out I have a feeling that once Barnett's contract comes up he won't be around and if he is still the MLB when he is gone Hodge will take over. I'm excited to see the game this weekend to see Hodge in action, I missed the scrimmage and haven't made it to a practice this year.
eric

United States

#2 Aug 10, 2006
Barnett just moved his mom and sister to g.b. so its not a forgone conclusion thats hes gone,but,if they move him out of m.l.b spot and put him out side,and with the hard feelings from his club,i think will drive him out.

but you have to do whats best for the team,and if its hodge at mlb. than do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nick Barnett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ben Reiter: Postcard from camp: Bills (Aug '11) Aug '11 Pajamas 1
News Green Bay Packers 2011: 5 Players Who Could Be ... (May '11) May '11 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Agent: LB Hawk close to new deal with Packers (Mar '11) Mar '11 JOC-12 1
News Packers say goodbye to fans after Super season (Feb '11) Feb '11 Beecharmer 2
News Packers QB Aaron Rodgers weighs in on team phot... (Jan '11) Jan '11 PackerBacker-Wich... 9
News Rodgers: Some injured players didn't stay here (Jan '11) Jan '11 PR and Proud 14
News Injured Packers will be in Super Bowl team photo (Jan '11) Jan '11 GBPfan 1
More from around the web