Tom Powers: Playoff shanks? No thanks

Full story: TwinCities.com

Ryan Longwell was watching on television as Arizona kicker Neil Rackers missed a 34-yard field goal at the end of regulation against Green Bay in Sunday's playoff game.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
oldviking

Emporia, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

I feel for the kickers,as they are get ready to kick i get nervous,you can only imagine the pressure they feel!After that 1998 miss,we know no kick is a given,if it was so easy why aren't there players trying out for kicker...to this day i still close my eyes or walk out of the room when the vikes kick...we're lucky to have LONGWELL...GO VIKINGS!!!
Justin

Wetumpka, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Nothing to worry about with Longwell his name says it all
Erica

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

A crucial missed field goal sucks big time. During Vikings vs. Baltimore, I was glad the Vikings won, but I felt sooo bad for that poor rookie kicker- and that was just a regular season game.

That tidbit about Kluwe and his Internet war game habit made me laugh- maybe he and Lew Ford team up?
Frank

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

Neil Rackers has had trouble before in the clutch, and I wasn't surprised to see him miss that kick. He reminds me of Mike Vanderjagt, who was the most accurate kicker in NFL history and couldn't hold down a job in Dallas after missing that kick in the '05 playoffs against Pittsburgh. It's as if some kickers' entire careers get defined by one missed kick.

I'd take Longwell over any PK left in the playoffs in either conference.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Let's hope Kluwe doesn't have any of his 10 yard punts he has had a few times this year, they seem to come out of nowhere and even when there is no pressure. Remember Dallas' kicker Suisham was cut at the end of the season by the 'skins after he missed that 23 yd FG aginst New Orleans that would have won that game, so he is no prize.
I BLEED PURPLE

Quantico, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

Frank wrote:
Neil Rackers has had trouble before in the clutch, and I wasn't surprised to see him miss that kick. He reminds me of Mike Vanderjagt, who was the most accurate kicker in NFL history and couldn't hold down a job in Dallas after missing that kick in the '05 playoffs against Pittsburgh. It's as if some kickers' entire careers get defined by one missed kick.
I'd take Longwell over any PK left in the playoffs in either conference.
'05 playoffs vs Pittsburg? I believe you are mis-informed my friend, the only way Dallas and Pittsburg would play eachother in the post-season would be in the Super Bowl (Dallas is in the NFC and Pitt is in the AFC).

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

Vanderjagt played in Dallas in '06 after playing in INDY for years. But after only one year there he was banished to the CFL I believe, but he never played in the NFL again. Frank was talking about the INDY-PITT game in '05. Go Vikes.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

There was a special on him last week on the NFL channel OR SOME SPORTS CHANNEL AND IT PORTRAYED HIM AS pretty much an a-s. Even Peyton had some negative stuff to say about him while they were teammates.
jman

Stacy, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

tom powers is terrible

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Neil Rackers Discussions

Search the Neil Rackers Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Texans, Bob Mcnair visit Brookwood Community (Sep '10) Sep '10 tracy 1
Foster leads Texans to 23-7 win over Dallas (Aug '10) Sep '10 Priority 8
Buzz: Rackers to Visit Jets (Apr '10) Apr '10 Bullfarts 6
Packers fans disappointed with end to playoffs (Jan '10) Jan '10 Third and 25 15
Cardinals surprised by 49ers in 20-16 defeat (Sep '09) Sep '09 cuck the fardinals 1
Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald puts his na... (Mar '09) Mar '09 connor 2
Practice report: Cardinals keep it light (Feb '09) Feb '09 Ram fan 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••