Nate Washington to start for PIT?

Nate Washington to start for PIT?

There are 21 comments on the CBS Sportsline.com story from Aug 8, 2006, titled Nate Washington to start for PIT?. In it, CBS Sportsline.com reports that:

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that with Steelers WR Hines Ward a possible scratch for the team's first preseason game, second-year receiver Nate Washington might earn the start.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Sportsline.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Samia Dixon

Rossford, OH

#1 Aug 16, 2006
Nate is a good player. with the right break, he will suprise some people.
Midwest Steeler

Louisville, KY

#2 Aug 21, 2006
I say give him a shot. I dont feel too comfortable with Cedrick Wilson on the other side of Ward.
Falcon Hunter

Korea

#3 Aug 21, 2006
Yeah! Let him have a shot. We need some new blood in there to warm up for the rest of the season in case we have some injuries. After all, we have four more fingers and a thumb left for rings. Then we'll have to start working on'em for the toes.
lock

Mount Clemens, MI

#4 Sep 4, 2006
NATE "NASTY" WASHINGTON IS JUST THAT, "NASTY" THE STEELER SHOULD GIVE HIM A SHOT. U WILL ALL BE SURPRISED ONCE HIS CONFIDENCE GETS SKY HIGH... HE HAS SOME TOOLS
Nikita Powell-Toledo

Sylvania, OH

#5 Sep 7, 2006
Give Nate a chance. You will be suprised what he can bring to the table. Give him a chance. Ohio has alot of talent.
JThomas -Toledo

Toledo, OH

#6 Sep 8, 2006
I used to know Nate when he was just a kid... Super fast... lots of determination and toughness even at 10... if he keeps up the hard work he WILL surprise a ton of people... and I am a Browns fan. Good luck to the kid.
HAS

Ore City, TX

#7 Sep 8, 2006
If you ask me he did pretty darn good! Correct me if I'm wrong, but was that TD reception his first official NFL catch?
Midwest Steeler

Louisville, KY

#8 Sep 8, 2006
HAS wrote:
If you ask me he did pretty darn good! Correct me if I'm wrong, but was that TD reception his first official NFL catch?
Once again you are right. I think he is going to pass Cedrick Wilson and start. Cowher has always has a tendency to hold back on really good players. Look at Hines Ward when he came into the league, Ike Taylor was a blessing way before he came a starter. I think he has finally given up on Staley with the Davenport signing. Cowher is a great coach, but he needs to let the younger players prove themselves more. Nate is a perfect example.
HAS

Ore City, TX

#9 Sep 9, 2006
Midwest Steeler wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you are right. I think he is going to pass Cedrick Wilson and start. Cowher has always has a tendency to hold back on really good players. Look at Hines Ward when he came into the league, Ike Taylor was a blessing way before he came a starter. I think he has finally given up on Staley with the Davenport signing. Cowher is a great coach, but he needs to let the younger players prove themselves more. Nate is a perfect example.
Yeah, I agree with you. Cowher does hold off on his younger players too long sometimes. Just look at Ben; if Maddox wouldn't have gotten his arm banged up, Ben wouldn't have gotten to play! And the whole Staley thing...he just needs to be cut. He's a waste of money.
Midwest Steeler

Washington, DC

#10 Sep 9, 2006
HAS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I agree with you. Cowher does hold off on his younger players too long sometimes. Just look at Ben; if Maddox wouldn't have gotten his arm banged up, Ben wouldn't have gotten to play! And the whole Staley thing...he just needs to be cut. He's a waste of money.
I think....you can read my mind. I never liked the Staley pick up. I know what they were hoping for, but the Eagles knew he was finished. I like him as a team player..no complaining in the media for lack of playing time, pay cut to stay with team, but I also think he knows he wont get signed anywhere else. Anyways, I think the depth chart at WR should be Ward, Washington, Wilson, Holmes and Reid. Im not high on Morgan either. I hope that in time Holmes passes Wilson and those three together with Cowher letting Big Ben pass more often could be very exciting and force other teams to play the pass much more.
HAS

Ore City, TX

#11 Sep 9, 2006
Midwest Steeler wrote:
<quoted text>
I think....you can read my mind. I never liked the Staley pick up. I know what they were hoping for, but the Eagles knew he was finished. I like him as a team player..no complaining in the media for lack of playing time, pay cut to stay with team, but I also think he knows he wont get signed anywhere else. Anyways, I think the depth chart at WR should be Ward, Washington, Wilson, Holmes and Reid. Im not high on Morgan either. I hope that in time Holmes passes Wilson and those three together with Cowher letting Big Ben pass more often could be very exciting and force other teams to play the pass much more.
I'm not a Quincy Morgan fan either. Any player that the BROWNS cut because he wasn't good enough for them doesn't deserve to be playing for us. He's had a couple of decent returns, and a few decent catches, but I just don't really depend on him. Too many dropped passes with the Browns...and I don't think Cowher depends on him either because of this. Yeah, that WR line-up sounds good to me. I want to see a little bit more of Santonio Holmes too...he didn't look too shabby on Thursday. But, then again, I understand Cowher going with experience over talent sometimes too. Sometimes a more experienced player will be out-performed by a fresh new player full of talent in practices, but then the lack of experience will catch up with the new player during a game. I guess it all depends on the situation. If the Miami game hadn't been so close until the last quarter, I would've liked to have seen some second and third stringers in there, but, the fact is, we weren't, so we needed our old stand-bys in there to get us through it. Sometimes it's just too much of a chance to put a rookie in instead of a pro.
cly

Miami, FL

#12 Sep 9, 2006
I played at tiffin unveristy with nate. he is amazing. He should definitely start over cedric wilson!
HAS

Ore City, TX

#13 Sep 9, 2006
cly wrote:
I played at tiffin unveristy with nate. he is amazing. He should definitely start over cedric wilson!
Yeah, I'm leaning towards Nate instead of Wilson too.

Hey, does anybody know of any size difference between them? I've always thought Wilson was sort of small (well, short), but I don't ever remember hearing this anywhere for sure. And I certainly don't know Nate's height since he's new...
cly

Miami, FL

#14 Sep 14, 2006
I know Nate is 6"1 but Im not sure about Cedric Wilson.
HAS

Ore City, TX

#15 Sep 14, 2006
cly wrote:
I know Nate is 6"1 but Im not sure about Cedric Wilson.
6' 1" is decent for a receiver.
ma gran

Sidney, OH

#16 Sep 15, 2006
We are proud of Nate, a true Tiffin University man, remember work ethic still means something
Midwest Steeler

Washington, DC

#17 Sep 16, 2006
HAS wrote:
<quoted text>
6' 1" is decent for a receiver.
Since your talking about height, this is from the Post-Gazette talking about what we are facing this Monday night vs the Jags.

"Six-foot-6 Matt Jones, 6-4 Reggie Williams and 6-4 Ernest Wilford are the favorite wideout targets of 6-5 Jaguars quarterback Byron Leftwich."

And it also states "You are 6-1 Ike Taylor. You are 5-10 Deshea Townsend."

This is going to be a tough test for our defense.

HAS

Ore City, TX

#18 Sep 17, 2006
Midwest Steeler wrote:
<quoted text>
Since your talking about height, this is from the Post-Gazette talking about what we are facing this Monday night vs the Jags.
"Six-foot-6 Matt Jones, 6-4 Reggie Williams and 6-4 Ernest Wilford are the favorite wideout targets of 6-5 Jaguars quarterback Byron Leftwich."
And it also states "You are 6-1 Ike Taylor. You are 5-10 Deshea Townsend."
This is going to be a tough test for our defense.
I know I watched them mow over the Cowboys' defense last week. Hopefully we can step up our coverage and utilize our blitz.
j ward toledo

Toledo, OH

#19 Nov 17, 2006
Nate should be starting, he's one of the best WR on the team.
toxner Glasscity Toledo

Toledo, OH

#20 Nov 21, 2006
Pit needs to start Nate. He is a good palyer and will shock aot of people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nate Washington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teammate sees some Roethlisberger in Locker (Jun '13) Jun '13 Lockdown 1
News Titans fall to Falcons 23-17 (Nov '11) Nov '11 Ravens 1
News Tennessee Titans offense continues scoring slump (Dec '10) Dec '10 Horoscopenit 2
News Vince Young no longer Titans starter (Nov '10) Nov '10 john deere123 2
News Daily Times weekly fantasy waiver-wire report (Nov '10) Nov '10 jlivi2 3
News Fantasy Football Week 6: Titans Vs. Jaguars Mon... (Oct '10) Oct '10 titans fan 1
News Tennessee Titans' Vince Young wants to keep mom... (Jul '10) Jul '10 triple6vamp 1