Townsend's INT seals Steelers' win ov...

Townsend's INT seals Steelers' win over Cowboys

There are 18 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2008, titled Townsend's INT seals Steelers' win over Cowboys. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Deshea Townsend scored on a 26-yard interception return with 1 minute, 40 seconds remaining as the Pittsburgh Steelers scored their only two touchdowns 24 seconds apart to rally from a 10-point deficit in the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

lakerman1

Oil City, PA

#1 Dec 7, 2008
What is going on with the steelers pass-blocking?

Since: May 08

United States

#2 Dec 7, 2008
What is going on w/the Steelers lunching it today, & as well as their inability to protect their friggin QB?!!

I was just pulling out some X-mas bows out of my Steeler bag when that play was about to be in effect w/Townsend & I was shouting at the t.v:"Well you boys better pull a miracle out of your @sses!"
Can't believe they did. I hate acid reflux football!!!
K Mac

Oil City, PA

#3 Dec 7, 2008
A Steelers win -- my blessing for the day!(Not a pretty win, but a win nonetheless.)

“Obama lied and freedom died!”

Since: Sep 07

Warren, Ohio

#4 Dec 7, 2008
10-3 with three to go, enough said!

Since: Sep 08

ERIE, PA

#5 Dec 7, 2008
Wow, our defense won that game for us! We have the #1 defense, but if our offense doesn't catch up, we aren't gonna go much further!
K Mac

Oil City, PA

#6 Dec 7, 2008
I don't get it -- against the Patriots, they looked Great! Now we're back to no offensive line.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#7 Dec 8, 2008
the cowboys D had a great game too. With that said I question the use of Parker. I hate to say it but he is not the same back this late in the season. Moore had the hot hand last night, even aikman said so, but arians refuses to give him the carries. Parker had 12 for 25 and moore had 5 for 22....what gives here? even in the new england game parker didn't do squat until late in the game after moore had some solid runs to soften up the pattycake's aging defense. Arians is not a good OC

United States

#8 Dec 8, 2008
& is anyone else seeing a limited amt. of Ward being used in plays anymore? Is it just me being paranoid, or overspeculative. Damn, the one catch I thought he would run away w/he dropped. He is frustrated, too, from what the commentators were saying. Well, something is going on, & I can see why he would be. He's been a side dish lately & we've gotten more of a main course from Holmes, & Moore lately.

“Obama lied and freedom died!”

Since: Sep 07

Warren, Ohio

#10 Dec 8, 2008
Bob Roberts wrote:
the cowboys D had a great game too. With that said I question the use of Parker. I hate to say it but he is not the same back this late in the season. Moore had the hot hand last night, even aikman said so, but arians refuses to give him the carries. Parker had 12 for 25 and moore had 5 for 22....what gives here? even in the new england game parker didn't do squat until late in the game after moore had some solid runs to soften up the pattycake's aging defense. Arians is not a good OC
I don't think Parker is the right man for the job.
Don't get me wrong I like Willie and I do think there is a place for him on the team but it is not as the featured back. He is not big enough for "Steeler" ball and he is too injury prone.

We have to replace the Bus. I know the issue, who? The short amswer is I don't know but we have to find him where ever he is????
Themis

Steubenville, OH

#11 Dec 8, 2008
lakerman1 wrote:
What is going on with the steelers pass-blocking?
Two starters who were lost games ago - Max Stark is a way overpaid disappointment!!
Themis

Steubenville, OH

#12 Dec 8, 2008
Bob Roberts wrote:
Bruce Arians needs a tune-up or he should just let Ben run the offense ala Terry Bradshaw

United States

#13 Dec 9, 2008
jinx-ur-team wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me wrong I like Willie and I do think there is a place for him on the team but it is not as the featured back. He is not big enough for "Steeler" ball and he is too injury prone.
We have to replace the Bus. I know the issue, who? The short amswer is I don't know but we have to find him where ever he is????
In my mind, NO one can replace Romey. I miss the Bus terribly. He was my fave.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

East Butler, PA

#14 Dec 9, 2008
Themis wrote:
<quoted text>
Bruce Arians needs a tune-up or he should just let Ben run the offense ala Terry Bradshaw
agreed.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

East Butler, PA

#15 Dec 9, 2008
jinx-ur-team wrote:
<quoted text>
I think mendenhall will eventually be the starter next season. Parker maybe is injured but he just doesn't seem to have that burst of speed he had the first two years and he's no big enough to get through the D line's arm tackles.

United States

#16 Dec 9, 2008
& WHAT did Casey Hampton do? Not much. I was sadly dissappointed.
K Mac

United States

#17 Dec 9, 2008
IMO, the biggest problem is Ben not having enough time to make a play work. A new OC would be the answer.

United States

#18 Dec 9, 2008
But, he does try to get away from them, & he has ran his ass off to get the yardage, & the play going. I am not crazy about the OC, LET me tell ya.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

East Butler, PA

#19 Dec 9, 2008
M4Pathfinder wrote:
But, he does try to get away from them, & he has ran his ass off to get the yardage, & the play going. I am not crazy about the OC, LET me tell ya.
join the club M4Pathfinder, I can't stand Arians. I had my doubts that a wide receivers coach could be an effective OC for the steelers. two years now and his play calling stinks. We have to hope that the D can win it all for us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nate Washington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teammate sees some Roethlisberger in Locker (Jun '13) Jun '13 Lockdown 1
News Titans fall to Falcons 23-17 (Nov '11) Nov '11 Ravens 1
News Tennessee Titans offense continues scoring slump (Dec '10) Dec '10 Horoscopenit 2
News Vince Young no longer Titans starter (Nov '10) Nov '10 john deere123 2
News Daily Times weekly fantasy waiver-wire report (Nov '10) Nov '10 jlivi2 3
News Fantasy Football Week 6: Titans Vs. Jaguars Mon... (Oct '10) Oct '10 titans fan 1
News Tennessee Titans' Vince Young wants to keep mom... (Jul '10) Jul '10 triple6vamp 1