Galloway Visits Steelers

Mar 9, 2009 Full story: Pro Football Talk 8

The Pittsburgh Steelers need a third receiver, in the wake of the departure of Nate Washington.

Full Story

Since: Feb 09

N.E. Ohio,

#1 Mar 10, 2009
Joey is a great receiver, but his age is definately a disadvantage. We have Hines, Santonio, and Limas, do we really need another high paid player like that, which we may only get a year or two out of. If it was my choice, the Steelers have always had the keen ability to find the hidden potential in great athletes that were not picked up by other teams, ie: Parker. Joey has had a great career but I'd pass unless it was dirt cheap and I mean cheap to sign him for a year or two. Just my opinion
FvsT

Houston, TX

#2 Mar 10, 2009
True, they need to stray away from old Joey. Hopefully he was just in town to visit the Steelers 6 Lombardi trophies. You know, take a few pictures, get a free Terrible Towel and get shown the door.

“Steelers Forever”

Since: Dec 07

Cranberry Township PA

#3 Mar 10, 2009
He is a perfect recruit for the Patsies. They love signing relics. LOL!!!

STEELERS ROCK !!!
FvsT

Houston, TX

#4 Mar 11, 2009
Listed in this article as a "significant upgrade"?
I would not have gone that far...maybe on a Patriots roster.
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#5 Mar 11, 2009
Scott B from NE OHIO wrote:
Joey is a great receiver, but his age is definately a disadvantage. We have Hines, Santonio, and Limas, do we really need another high paid player like that, which we may only get a year or two out of. If it was my choice, the Steelers have always had the keen ability to find the hidden potential in great athletes that were not picked up by other teams, ie: Parker. Joey has had a great career but I'd pass unless it was dirt cheap and I mean cheap to sign him for a year or two. Just my opinion
Actually, I read they're only offering him the veteran's minimum, hoping the chance to play on this team sways him over other teams offering him the same or a little more. Not that I'm disagreeing with you--I think his health problems last year make him a risky investment.
FvsT

Houston, TX

#6 Mar 11, 2009
But a "significant upgrade"?
Gall-O-Way

AOL

#7 Mar 11, 2009
A loser.
Godislove

Toledo, OH

#8 Sep 9, 2009
I'm glad that Joey wasn't an option for the Pittsburgh Steelers. I've been a Steeler fan for a long, long time and the players have always been of high calibre. I admired Hines Ward and how he humbly and quietly negotiated his business. I don't think that Joey's attitude would fit in with the Steeler family. I was very relieved when it was written that Joey had been picked up elsewhere. For the most part, all of the Steelers represent on and off the field, I got a little perturbed with #93, for unnecessary roughness on a player during the Super Bowl game, it went un-noticed due to them trying to see if Antonio's feet were within the line. Also, I wish he (#93) would have gone to the White House with his team mates, one day he might regret not doing so. God bless you Steelers, I am a 71 year old female fan who follows your every move - 7 rings would indicate perfection/completion/and is indicated as a blessing - get that 7th ring!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nate Washington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teammate sees some Roethlisberger in Locker (Jun '13) Jun '13 Lockdown 1
Titans fall to Falcons 23-17 (Nov '11) Nov '11 Ravens 1
Tennessee Titans offense continues scoring slump (Dec '10) Dec '10 Horoscopenit 2
Vince Young no longer Titans starter (Nov '10) Nov '10 john deere123 2
Daily Times weekly fantasy waiver-wire report (Nov '10) Nov '10 jlivi2 3
Fantasy Football Week 6: Titans Vs. Jaguars Mon... (Oct '10) Oct '10 titans fan 1
Tennessee Titans' Vince Young wants to keep mom... (Jul '10) Jul '10 triple6vamp 1
More from around the web