Serious trouble is lurking

Oct 3, 2011 Full story: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette 22

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin chooses words more carefully and deploys them with a precision far superior to that of your average postgame soloist, so when he simultaneously invoked and then disparaged "mystical" Sunday, it validated every suspicion that he was coaching a team in serious trouble.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mark

New Castle, PA

#1 Oct 3, 2011
The fans have known about the Steeler's problems since the start of this season. The coaches should have known long before the fans, since they are the professionals!
Fanfarts

United States

#2 Oct 3, 2011
Boob Roberts is still in denial...
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#3 Oct 3, 2011
Fanfarts wrote:
Boob Roberts is still in denial...
Booberts will come on talking trash about 'one for the thumb' but in the not too distant future they will have as many SB losses as the Bills, Vikes and Broncos. The only ring Booberts has is when he pulls that thumb out of his....
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#4 Oct 3, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Booberts will come on talking trash about 'one for the thumb' but in the not too distant future they will have as many SB losses as the Bills, Vikes and Broncos. The only ring Booberts has is when he pulls that thumb out of his....
So you see them getting to the SB on a consistent basis. Interesting. I'll take that, though if they do, they're going to win far too many to ever join those losers you mention.

The Steelers O-line is currently an embarrassment, but it's really only the tackle position they're struggling with, and with the kind of shrewd personnel moves they tend to make, they'll fix it twice as quickly as a dysfunctional organization like the Bears would.
Tacklefarts

United States

#5 Oct 3, 2011
4 games and still the same...twice as quickly...fart...
Bob Roberts

Butler, PA

#6 Oct 4, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Booberts will come on talking trash about 'one for the thumb' but in the not too distant future they will have as many SB losses as the Bills, Vikes and Broncos. The only ring Booberts has is when he pulls that thumb out of his....
losses? that would be 2. sb appearances...that would be 8. sb victories?...that would be 6. hate to be the one to keep you current but the thumb ring was about 6 years ago dipsh!t. lmao! and how many sb victories have you celebrated drooly? the steelers are 2-2 this season. so what? if they go 2-6 i will concede the season is in the trash. until then come up with something of substance rather than coming online and chirping like a bird. fool.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#7 Oct 4, 2011
I can see them going 6-2..
6 Rothlesberger rape arrests and only 2 convictons

“Where's my compass?”

Since: Sep 10

Planet Earth

#8 Oct 4, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
I can see them going 6-2..
6 Rothlesberger rape arrests and only 2 convictons
LMAO....as I see on the threads and blogs, no one seems to see the Texans as maybe a sleeper team that has finally came of age and might be someone no one wants to play? It is still early and the next two weeks will pretty well start stacking the teams up as far as who is the team to beat in each division. The Steelers have just found out what the Colts already knew from the last couple of years, DON'T overlook the Texans, they are hungary for a young team and now have a defense. Best team in Texas for sure...
Bob Roberts

Butler, PA

#9 Oct 5, 2011
Lost Mountaineer wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO....as I see on the threads and blogs, no one seems to see the Texans as maybe a sleeper team that has finally came of age and might be someone no one wants to play? It is still early and the next two weeks will pretty well start stacking the teams up as far as who is the team to beat in each division. The Steelers have just found out what the Colts already knew from the last couple of years, DON'T overlook the Texans, they are hungary for a young team and now have a defense. Best team in Texas for sure...
the texans looked pretty good to me. if they can maintain their level of play they are in the playoff for sure. once there my guess is no wants to play a smashmouth running team.

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

#10 Oct 5, 2011
Rex J Steelman wrote:
<quoted text>
The Steelers O-line is currently an embarrassment, but it's really only the tackle position they're struggling with, and with the kind of shrewd personnel moves they tend to make, they'll fix it twice as quickly as a dysfunctional organization like the Bears would.
I had to laugh at this one because it's 100% truth! The Bears' organization is too busy drafting elf hunchbacks to actually build an O-line worth anything.
Bob Roberts

Butler, PA

#11 Oct 5, 2011
Saluki Rod wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to laugh at this one because it's 100% truth! The Bears' organization is too busy drafting elf hunchbacks to actually build an O-line worth anything.
i'm not so sure the steelers are any good at drafting o line prospects either. they are great at finding d line and linebackers but usually finish too high in the season rankings to get a high draft pick (and that's when the great o lineman are drafted).
Toofarts

United States

#12 Oct 5, 2011
Big Ben's kankle hurts...

“Where's my compass?”

Since: Sep 10

Planet Earth

#13 Oct 5, 2011
Toofarts wrote:
Big Ben's kankle hurts...
After that mauling he took, I bet there's more than his kankle hurting LOL
Maulingfarts

United States

#14 Oct 6, 2011
Injuredfarts...
Mike Tomcat

Miami, FL

#15 Oct 6, 2011
I want cheese on my roethlisberger
Grilledfarts

United States

#16 Oct 6, 2011
That would be william gay...
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#17 Oct 6, 2011
Lost Mountaineer wrote:
<quoted text>
The Texans are validation of the Peter Principle. Wade Phillips is an excellent D Coordinator but a lousy head coach. Last year the Texans could score but their D couldn't stop anybody. No wthey can et a lead, protect it and play smashmouth (as much as you can play smashmouth with a zone blocking scheme)
Wadefarts

United States

#18 Oct 6, 2011
Except for playing high powered offensive teams like the Saints....
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#19 Oct 6, 2011
Tebow passed for 300 yards against the Texans last year..enough said
Passingfarts

United States

#20 Oct 6, 2011
I thought we were talking about Wade and this year...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Wallace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Miami Dolphins' pass rush turns up the pressure... Sep '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Philbin Talks QBs, Wallace & More Aug '14 Coach Pill Bin 1
Jeff Howe On The Adam Jones Show: Opening Stret... (Apr '14) Apr '14 BeliChickenChoker 8
Miami Dolphins Spotlight: Is Ryan Tannehill a F... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Fast Forward 12
Does the NFL and the NFL Media Have it In For T... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Incognutso 4
Leadership, not talent, the issue for the Miami... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Craig 2
Analyzing Playoff Scenarios for the Miami Dolphins (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1

Mike Wallace People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE