Harbaugh welcomes challenge of extended slate of road games wit...

Full story: Baltimore Sun 30
Because of the rescheduling caused by Hurricane Ike , the Ravens' Week10 bye was taken away and they will have to play five road games in a span of 35days. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

DEK

Since: Jun 08

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#1 Sep 16, 2008
Might as well welcome it, nothing is going to change if you don't. Maybe this is a good thing in disguise. If the Ravens get into the playoffs, they will be one hell of a team to beat. That's a big if though.
veedub

Englewood, CO

#2 Sep 16, 2008
Harbaugh gets it. Let's hope the players "relish" the challenge as well.
Harry

Rochester, NY

#3 Sep 16, 2008
Just play em one game at a time and don't worry about things you can't control, or look for excuses. The Ravens need to focus on giving the Browns some payback for last yrs losses. The Ravens had some nagging injuries that maybe given the extra wk off in wk 2 may actually help them get healthy. They should be chomping at the bit to play Clev this wk. After this game Lets hope Clev thinks they were hit by a Hurricance.
GHT

Portland, OR

#4 Sep 16, 2008
Love to see the Ravens D smack Derek Anderson and Kellen Winslow around a bit. Jamal will take the week off I am sure.
Jon

Harrisonburg, VA

#5 Sep 16, 2008
Big time motivation for the Ravens to stick it to the NFL and Goodell. We have nothing to lose, no one expects us to do anything this year. We were supposed to be in last place. Harbaugh will have the players fired up and ready for Cleveland. Let's get some payback against these guys!
eparker999

Kendall Park, NJ

#6 Sep 16, 2008
o.k. lets go,one at a time starting with cleveland.glad troys back.wr.catch the damn ball.good luck team we're with you.
FireTrembley

United States

#7 Sep 16, 2008
LOL at any assertion that the Ravens could go to the playoffs...our team is crap...an old defense, an inexperienced o-line, undersized receivers, a TE that can't stay healthy, a starting RB that doesn't care, a rookie QB, a rookie coach, a new offensive system, the same crappy defensive system that got lit up last year, a kicker that can't hit from beyond 40 yards, an extremely delusional fanbase, and now 15 games without a bye. I welcome anyone to debate any point I made...they are all facts.
Joe Flacco

Fort George G Meade, MD

#8 Sep 16, 2008
FireTrembley wrote:
LOL at any assertion that the Ravens could go to the playoffs...our team is crap...an old defense, an inexperienced o-line, undersized receivers, a TE that can't stay healthy, a starting RB that doesn't care, a rookie QB, a rookie coach, a new offensive system, the same crappy defensive system that got lit up last year, a kicker that can't hit from beyond 40 yards, an extremely delusional fanbase, and now 15 games without a bye. I welcome anyone to debate any point I made...they are all facts.
The only fact i see is that your an idiot! Your probably the same sucker who was running his mouth saying the ravens would get killed by the Bengals. I'm pretty sure this "crappy" d you speak of.. has been near the top of the NFL for years now. I could shoot the rest of your ramblings down but i don't argue with idiots. I just don't have the experience. Why don't you just watch another for crying out loud. You cry and moan more than a 2 year old.
Frank Kush

AOL

#9 Sep 16, 2008
Joe Flacco wrote:
<quoted text>
The only fact i see is that your an idiot! Your probably the same sucker who was running his mouth saying the ravens would get killed by the Bengals. I'm pretty sure this "crappy" d you speak of.. has been near the top of the NFL for years now. I could shoot the rest of your ramblings down but i don't argue with idiots. I just don't have the experience. Why don't you just watch another for crying out loud. You cry and moan more than a 2 year old.
Good Post Joe. Agreed.
Poe

Baltimore, MD

#10 Sep 16, 2008
Before I even finish reading the rest of your article (and by "the rest," I mean "beyond the title"), what do you expect Harbaugh to say? He can't scream and rant about how the Ravens were screwed. He can't go on a tirade about how this could prove to be a crushing blow for this season. He's the head coach, so he has to remain positive. Why waste our time with this bs?
FireTrembley

United States

#11 Sep 16, 2008
Joe Flacco wrote:
<quoted text>
The only fact i see is that your an idiot! Your probably the same sucker who was running his mouth saying the ravens would get killed by the Bengals. I'm pretty sure this "crappy" d you speak of.. has been near the top of the NFL for years now. I could shoot the rest of your ramblings down but i don't argue with idiots. I just don't have the experience. Why don't you just watch another for crying out loud. You cry and moan more than a 2 year old.
Wait so you say you are not going to argue with me by starting out with a childish insult then arguing with me. Strange logic...but expected from a moron. Truth is you couldn't counter any point I made because they are all true...just in case you missed it, the Ravens defense was not good last year. Sure you can blame it on injuries, but every team has those. We shut down the crappy Bengals that were shut down again in week 2. You're a homer and your arguments about not arguing are laughable.
New Day

Wind Gap, PA

#12 Sep 16, 2008
Harbough has done a heck of a job so far. Of course, time will tell with W/L record.

But, what i've seen accross all areas has been good. He sounds competent and in control without sounding arrogant, like you know who...

Keep it up JH! Go Ravens!
Wil

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Sep 16, 2008
Why not use Terry in the first half and Anderson in the second , allowing both to be fresh. Anderson has some age and past injuries . Anderson is the better run blocker and would be most effective in the second half of a game.
Ace

Pasadena, MD

#14 Sep 16, 2008
FireTrembley wrote:
LOL at any assertion that the Ravens could go to the playoffs...our team is crap...an old defense, an inexperienced o-line, undersized receivers, a TE that can't stay healthy, a starting RB that doesn't care, a rookie QB, a rookie coach, a new offensive system, the same crappy defensive system that got lit up last year, a kicker that can't hit from beyond 40 yards, an extremely delusional fanbase, and now 15 games without a bye. I welcome anyone to debate any point I made...they are all facts.
I'll take a stab at your bogus, just for fun. Let's go in order. And to prevent one huge post, I'll do it in successive posts. "An old defense." Other than Ray, Rolle & Pryce, who's old? Not to mention the fact that though 33, Ray is still better than almost all MLB in the game. I would classify some members of the defense as "aging." However Reed, Washington, Ngata, Gregg, Suggs, Barnes, Scott, Landry, etc, are not yet aging, not even close.
New Day

Wind Gap, PA

#15 Sep 16, 2008
FireTrembley wrote:
LOL at any assertion that the Ravens could go to the playoffs...our team is crap...an old defense, an inexperienced o-line, undersized receivers, a TE that can't stay healthy, a starting RB that doesn't care, a rookie QB, a rookie coach, a new offensive system, the same crappy defensive system that got lit up last year, a kicker that can't hit from beyond 40 yards, an extremely delusional fanbase, and now 15 games without a bye. I welcome anyone to debate any point I made...they are all facts.
Hey look, I think we see what you are saying. Are we a perenniel power like pats or colts? of course not. We have issues (although not as bad as you make it to be) like any other teams.

but, if you did not have some glimmer of hope after the first Flacco/JHarbough era game, you were not paying attention. The fact is that our team looks better than most expected.

to say that you "LOL at any assertion that the Ravens could go to the playoffs" is ridiculous. Any team "COULD" make it, and the Ravens with a strong D and ball control O, have a better shot than most.

who the H E L L are you to say they have no chance.

seems to me that putting down others (and your own team?!) makes you feel good. thats sad, man. you should see someone about that.
Ace

Pasadena, MD

#16 Sep 16, 2008
FireTrembley wrote:
LOL at any assertion that the Ravens could go to the playoffs...our team is crap...an old defense, an inexperienced o-line, undersized receivers, a TE that can't stay healthy, a starting RB that doesn't care, a rookie QB, a rookie coach, a new offensive system, the same crappy defensive system that got lit up last year, a kicker that can't hit from beyond 40 yards, an extremely delusional fanbase, and now 15 games without a bye. I welcome anyone to debate any point I made...they are all facts.
What's next is the "inexperienced offensive line." First I'll say that the addition of Willie Anderson will counter that directly. He was an ironman until last year, starting 16 games for 7 of 8 years. And the only difference between an inexperienced offensive line and a darn good one is playing time. All of our starters except Gaither is a first day draft pick, and he could have been if he wasn't forced to come out a year early. Some of our backups are first day picks too. So inexperienced? Yes. Untalented? Doubtful and none of your rambling makes the opposite true.
Ace

Pasadena, MD

#17 Sep 16, 2008
FireTrembley wrote:
LOL at any assertion that the Ravens could go to the playoffs...our team is crap...an old defense, an inexperienced o-line, undersized receivers, a TE that can't stay healthy, a starting RB that doesn't care, a rookie QB, a rookie coach, a new offensive system, the same crappy defensive system that got lit up last year, a kicker that can't hit from beyond 40 yards, an extremely delusional fanbase, and now 15 games without a bye. I welcome anyone to debate any point I made...they are all facts.
You are correct about undersized WR, but there are very few true #1s in the league and having one does not guarantee you anything (how many combined Superbowls do Moss, Owens, Andre Johnson, Edwards, Steve Smith, Ocho Stinko, TJ Housh, Larry Fitz, etc have? Zero.) As for Todd Heap, he's missed significant time in 2 seasons. That's it. For the pounding he takes, I have no complaints. It's week 3. I guarantee he's healthy when the games really count.
Ace

Pasadena, MD

#18 Sep 16, 2008
FireTrembley wrote:
LOL at any assertion that the Ravens could go to the playoffs...our team is crap...an old defense, an inexperienced o-line, undersized receivers, a TE that can't stay healthy, a starting RB that doesn't care, a rookie QB, a rookie coach, a new offensive system, the same crappy defensive system that got lit up last year, a kicker that can't hit from beyond 40 yards, an extremely delusional fanbase, and now 15 games without a bye. I welcome anyone to debate any point I made...they are all facts.
I don't consider your assertion that McGahee doesn't care as "fact." He's got millions of dollars invested in caring and now that we produced a great run game without him, he's prob. eager to prove just how good he is/thinks he is.
As for a rookie coach, rookie QB. Big Ben rattled off 15 straight wins as a rookie. I'm not saying Flacco will do it too, but the precedent is there and the profiles of our team, and that Steeler team are similar. As for Harbaugh, yes he's a rookie coach, but Cameron and Ryan are not rookie coordinators and they are calling the plays. We'll see what kind of rookie mistakes Harbaugh makes, but the foundation is there for a smooth transition.
Kenny M

Baltimore, MD

#19 Sep 16, 2008
It's just nice to have a coach who isn't
crying about it. Remember Billick and the Thursday night game in Cincinnati when he publicly criticized the league, gave his players two walk-throughs all week, and promised them days off win or lose because they "needed" it? With that kind of excuses and coddling is it any wonder they came out flat four days after shutting out Pittsburgh?

As for the Ravens chances; who knows?
The division is open. The Bengals and Browns have zero wins. The Steelers struggled with the Browns who were blown out by the Cowboys who struggled with the Eagles at home. You never know.

Sometimes when the odds are against you, all a team has left is old-fashioned "coach-em-up" -- something Baltimore hasn't seen lately.
Kenny M

Baltimore, MD

#20 Sep 16, 2008
lately until opening day 08 that is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WWE Battleground Predictions: Jack Swagger vs. ... Jul '14 Mets Fan Forever 1
Predicting Every NFL Team's Record in 2013-14 (Feb '13) Aug '13 Realistic 14
NFL coach rankings: Personality doesn't matter,... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Sobbing Pats fan 3
Which coaches will be fired? (Nov '11) Dec '11 Jerry Jones 16
Super Bowl cred doesn't mean as much in today's... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Carloda Vikings 12
Line of Scrimmage: The road may be best travele... (Jan '11) Jan '11 mrpittsburgh 1
For now, Morris is tops (Nov '10) Nov '10 MLB Hats 2

Mike Smith People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE