Mike Smith Could be Falcons Next Head...

Mike Smith Could be Falcons Next Head Coach

There are 26 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Jan 23, 2008, titled Mike Smith Could be Falcons Next Head Coach. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

According to espn.com the Atlanta Falcons could name Jacksonville Jaguars Defensive Coordinator Mike Smith their new head coach as early as Wednesday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Deadman

United States

#1 Jan 23, 2008
Poor guy he does not know where he is getting into.
jack

Decatur, GA

#2 Jan 23, 2008
HMMMMMMMmmmmm! Is Rich McKay already putting pressure on the GM to 'make a quick decision'??
Dave

Conley, GA

#5 Jan 23, 2008
Does Mike have suicidal ideation?
das

Atlanta, GA

#6 Jan 23, 2008
Who???
Lisa

Douglasville, GA

#8 Jan 23, 2008
I bet he turns it down. I'm not sure Blank has enough money to pay ANYBODY to take this job. Worst coaching job in the NFL. Sure is a shame.
atlff

Atlanta, GA

#9 Jan 23, 2008
No big names wanted the job, so they drop back to next best in line. This guy isn't the answer though. I know, let's move the Falcons to where ever Mike Smith lives.
R Smith

Rogersville, TN

#10 Jan 23, 2008
Daddy is that you
Deadman

United States

#12 Jan 23, 2008
Mr. Blank please put the Falcons franchise for sell and get rid of it. For your peace of mind.
Kb-atlanta

Cordele, GA

#13 Jan 23, 2008
After how the owner of the Falcons has shown that he does not have any of his employeeS back until things are proven otherwise. I personally don't think the Falcons will get anyone that has the same great potential that the players have. Just admit it Arthur Blank YOU MESSED UP!!!! I still love the Falcons.
dee

Atlanta, GA

#14 Jan 23, 2008
Somebody warn this man before he makes his decision. Why would anybody want that job?
jbm

Atlanta, GA

#16 Jan 23, 2008
Just say no. 44 years and the Falcons have never had back to back winning seasons.
nan

Macon, GA

#18 Jan 23, 2008
he looks to decent to work for the falcons.. this is a step into terror
squeezebox

Duluth, GA

#19 Jan 23, 2008
Kb-atlanta wrote:
After how the owner of the Falcons has shown that he does not have any of his employeeS back until things are proven otherwise. I personally don't think the Falcons will get anyone that has the same great potential that the players have. Just admit it Arthur Blank YOU MESSED UP!!!! I still love the Falcons.
what the he11 are you talking about? What player on that team has any potnetial? They all suck! The falcons will always suck no matter who plays for them or who coaches them. It's the jinx of being a pro sports team in Atlanta. What Atlanta team has ever had any success, and please don't say the Braves, because all those division championships and only one world series win means they suck too!
James

Alpharetta, GA

#20 Jan 23, 2008
THEY'LL EAT HIM UP AND SPIT HIM OUT !
Falcon Fan

Orlando, FL

#21 Jan 23, 2008
das wrote:
Who???
Are you stupid? Everyone knows Mike Smith!!!!! Wake up and read the newspaper!
Backwoods

North Anson, ME

#22 Jan 23, 2008
Nobody will work for McKay or coach the players 'Too Live Crew'!
AU Tiger in ATL

Suwanee, GA

#23 Jan 23, 2008
This guy appears to be a decent coach if he'll take the challenge. It's sad to read so much negativity around the Falcons franchise. Owner needs to stay in background and let football people run the show. And the new football venue needs to be open air - we're in ATLANTA, GA for crying out loud!
jack

Decatur, GA

#24 Jan 23, 2008
Did Mr. Blank get DeAngelo's OK??
no1 dawg fan

Alpharetta, GA

#25 Jan 24, 2008
i'm so glad that we've got them dawgs down in athens. looks like the falcons will be looking for another coach again next year.where is the smith family when we need them.
DAS

Atlanta, GA

#26 Jan 24, 2008
The Falcons got the wrong Mike S.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WWE Battleground Predictions: Jack Swagger vs. ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Mets Fan Forever 1
News Predicting Every NFL Team's Record in 2013-14 (Feb '13) Aug '13 Realistic 14
News NFL coach rankings: Personality doesn't matter,... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Sobbing Pats fan 3
News Which coaches will be fired? (Nov '11) Dec '11 Jerry Jones 16
News Super Bowl cred doesn't mean as much in today's... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Carloda Vikings 12
News Line of Scrimmage: The road may be best travele... (Jan '11) Jan '11 mrpittsburgh 1
News For now, Morris is tops (Nov '10) Nov '10 MLB Hats 2
More from around the web