Falcons Pursuing USC's Pete Carroll

Jan 9, 2008 Full story: CBS 5

The Atlanta Falcons are interested in Southern California coach Pete Carroll for their head coaching job.

A person familiar with the team's coaching situation told The Associated Press on Wednesday that the Falcons want to speak with Carroll, who is on vacation in Hawaii. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the Falcons have not officially met with Carroll.

Carroll spoke with USC sports information director Tim Tessalone on Wednesday and told Tessalone there are no developments worthy of comment. Read more

Read more

Since: Dec 07

REVERE MASSSACHUSETTS

#1 Jan 9, 2008
I doubt very seriously if Pete Carrol would entertain any Head Coaches job in the pros...
With the success he's had at U.S.C coupled with the disapointing tenure he had with New England IT wouldnt make sense for him to make the jump...
He makes great money for a College Coach and he has one thingthere that he wont have in the pros.....SECURITY.....For the past 20 years U.S.C
has always attracted the majority of football talent in the West Coast....He can be the Joe Paterno of the West coast if he wants to.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WWE Battleground Predictions: Jack Swagger vs. ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Mets Fan Forever 1
News Predicting Every NFL Team's Record in 2013-14 (Feb '13) Aug '13 Realistic 14
News NFL coach rankings: Personality doesn't matter,... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Sobbing Pats fan 3
News Which coaches will be fired? (Nov '11) Dec '11 Jerry Jones 16
News Super Bowl cred doesn't mean as much in today's... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Carloda Vikings 12
News Line of Scrimmage: The road may be best travele... (Jan '11) Jan '11 mrpittsburgh 1
News For now, Morris is tops (Nov '10) Nov '10 MLB Hats 2
More from around the web