PFF breaks down Tyvon Branch shutdown of Rob Gronkowski

Jun 23, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Silver And Black Pride

You don't hear much about the job Tyvon Branch does in coverage for the Raiders.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

This guy is a great player...especially since he did what no other could do this year.

Why was he left out of the Pro Bowl???...Oh yeah that's just a popularity contest
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

I'm a raider at heart , the inner most core so I have my biases, but the truth of the matter is stanford routt never stood a chance. Its like the league penalized the team they had for disagreements they had wit A.D. he got called for plenty of calls lastyear holding & PI's that were bogus calls. Giving the time 2 develope the player everybody is gonna be surprised wit us DVD. He also plays terrific coverage but hadn't developed enough 2 look back 4 the ball consistantly. As 4 branch, i've been telling people bout how good an all SS he is. He does everything at a high level. Wit that said, we have the talent to be a top tier defense & have always had, but its all about play calling& situational play calling & thats wut we've lacked for a while now. I like the tarver hire, but he can't come in thinking we're the broncos. Our strengths are in other areas. Their strength was in their pass rush from their olb/de position. We get better rush on safety blitzes, corner blitzes & such. If tarver utilizes the defenses right we can crack the top 10 this year. Sounds crazy 2 some, but mix in zone & man coverage & blitz from the secondary & let the athleticism & talent take over. We could be great 4 real.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Like I've said many times on here NJ, as long as the officials have it out for us, don't expect the penalties to go away. I've heard the talk of Stanford Routt taking his penalties to KC when in actuallity, he left his penalties behind. The only time I recall a certain player being a penalty problem was Reagan Upshaw and his late hits...Jon Gruden solved that problem by benching him. 90% of our holds and PIs are bogus and when the commentators are saying "Are you kidding me?" it's normally a bogus call...Not only to we get flagged alot, but our opponents (no matter who they are) get away with more. Granted, the penalties were down during the Gruden era, but two bad calls cost us championships...The Tony Siragusa incident and the F*ck rule. Granted Rich Gannon would not have been able to come back in after the illegal hit, but Goose should've been ejected and the commentators were questioning why he wasn't. As for the F*ck rule...Tom Brady even admits he fumbled and it's only come into play twice since then that I'm aware of and was ruled a fumble both times

I really hope things are different in this new Raider era

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mike Mitchell Discussions

Search the Mike Mitchell Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
S Harper to Carolina Mar '14 jaBo 1
Carolina Panthers Position Group Grades (Oct '13) Oct '13 Harry Horton 3
Bradford, Cutler and Foles all lost to injury (Oct '13) Oct '13 DEWY 6
Despite personal loss, Peterson gets on field w... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Frazier 2
Raiders' Draft Futility is Apparent (Mar '13) Mar '13 NJ raider 1 13
Oakland Raiders: Huff, Heyward-Bey cut to creat... (Mar '13) Mar '13 01TruRaider_Fan 6
Tommy Kelly admits retaliation against Panthers... (Dec '12) Dec '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 4
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••