Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald doesn't accept moral victories

Full story: Chicago Tribune
Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald made clear exactly what he did not want to see written about his Wildcats. Full Story
Larry Peacock

Medina, OH

#1 Dec 31, 2008
Being a Big Ten fan, based in Ohio, I sincerely wanted Northwestern to beat Missouri, and was very disappointed they lost a game they should have won. However, I have to say the one thing that became unbearable to watch, other than those annoying cutaway TV shots of Chase Daniel's mom and dad, was Northwestern's second half play calling. Abominable. If the Wildcats want to get that second bowl win they should quit throwing passes to the sidelines. At the very least, throw them to the northwest.
Larry Peacock
Medina, Ohio
NU Dave

Huntley, IL

#2 Dec 31, 2008
I Have to agree with Larry. As an avid NU fan by the end of the year I could call the play in certain situations. I love the new defensive coordinator, but I was not to thrilled with his offensive alternative. The last few years we put up gaudy offensive stats. this year we were way to conservative. If they had pushed the ball up field more we could have done better. But over all it was a great season with a disappointing ending. Next year is going to be a challenge to repeat this years success but we should be able to win enough games to go to a bowl. Go Cats! and thank you Fitz for a job well done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Kafka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tim Tebow Won't Play for Patriots Regardless of... (Jun '13) Sep '13 Laughing Bear Fan 12
Andy Reid isn't committing to Michael Vick long... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Dogchoker 2
Eagles: Forget Vick, Pick Nick (Aug '12) Sep '12 genevalove 3
Greg McElroy leads New York Jets to TD in 28-10... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Vick gets a new flak jacket (Aug '12) Aug '12 Vickstain 2
Eagles' Vick OK, Kafka hurt, Bell demoted (Aug '12) Aug '12 genevalove 4
Eagles vs. Steelers: Three things to watch (Aug '12) Aug '12 Shadoz 6

Mike Kafka People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE