Kolb shows off strong arm

Kolb shows off strong arm

There are 49 comments on the CourierPostOnline story from Aug 1, 2010, titled Kolb shows off strong arm. In it, CourierPostOnline reports that:

He might not effortlessly fling the ball 70 yards on a frozen rope the way predecessor Donovan McNabb did, but Eagles' quarterback Kevin Kolb isn't afraid to flex his biceps.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CourierPostOnline.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
USA ROCKS

United States

#1 Aug 1, 2010
From the article:

BETHLEHEM, PA.— "He might not effortlessly fling the ball 70 yards on a frozen rope the way predecessor Donovan McNabb did, but Eagles' quarterback Kevin Kolb isn't afraid to flex his biceps.

Kolb countered perceptions about his limited arm strength Saturday morning during the team's first full-contact practice at its Lehigh University training camp. On his second attempt of "thud" drills, he connected with DeSean Jackson in stride 75 yards downfield.

Later, during full-contact practice, Kolb again went deep to his All-Pro wideout, who sprawled out for the 60-yard reception that enlivened the crowd on camp's most pristine day".

Things are looking sadder and sadder for the dog killer. Although the article did say the felon did really well........playing with the BACKUPS. Can anyone say Arena Football League? LMAO

“Live and let live”

Since: Mar 10

New Jersey

#2 Aug 1, 2010
USA ROCKS wrote:
From the article:
BETHLEHEM, PA.— "He might not effortlessly fling the ball 70 yards on a frozen rope the way predecessor Donovan McNabb did, but Eagles' quarterback Kevin Kolb isn't afraid to flex his biceps.
Kolb countered perceptions about his limited arm strength Saturday morning during the team's first full-contact practice at its Lehigh University training camp. On his second attempt of "thud" drills, he connected with DeSean Jackson in stride 75 yards downfield.
Later, during full-contact practice, Kolb again went deep to his All-Pro wideout, who sprawled out for the 60-yard reception that enlivened the crowd on camp's most pristine day".
Things are looking sadder and sadder for the dog killer. Although the article did say the felon did really well........playing with the BACKUPS. Can anyone say Arena Football League? LMAO
I can't tell if you're an Eagles fan or just despise Vick. Either way I like the way you think!
acw

Saint Albans, WV

#3 Aug 3, 2010
he completed 2 passes during "can't touch the qb" practice, and this is news?,well then lets give him his dues, is it to early for a probowl vote? kevin kolb 1 vote lets see his strong arm when he spits his teeth out after he meets ray lewis.you know what i hope vick doesn't play 1 snap, and you get a full season of kolb, can anyone say the new detroit lions 0-16, then you'll get what you asked for lol
USA ROCKS

United States

#4 Aug 4, 2010
acw wrote:
he completed 2 passes during "can't touch the qb" practice, and this is news?,well then lets give him his dues, is it to early for a probowl vote? kevin kolb 1 vote lets see his strong arm when he spits his teeth out after he meets ray lewis.you know what i hope vick doesn't play 1 snap, and you get a full season of kolb, can anyone say the new detroit lions 0-16, then you'll get what you asked for lol
You're always so ready to jump on Kolb and criticise his play, even though his budding NFL career is pretty damn impressive, yet when it comes to vick, who arguably is nothing but a running back misplaced in the QB position, you speak of as if he is the second coming of JHC.

Kind of makes one wonder what your motivation is.
acw

Saint Albans, WV

#5 Aug 4, 2010
but its ok to jump on vick even though he's an accomplished athlete, all jokes and name calling aside,dude kolb completed a couple of passes in practice, he should complete 60 and 70 yard passes thats what their paying him for,im with you i hope vick doesn't play 1 down, ever hear of a guy matt cassel, qb for the chiefs, strong backup for tom brady for all those years then when given his chance, well, i think u know the story of the 09 chiefs, that'll be your probowl qb kolb,you know you can come on here and bash vick all you want that is your right, but you know as well as all the others, when the eagles are in trouble their going to rely on vick,
Patrick

Clearwater, FL

#6 Aug 4, 2010
USA ROCKS wrote:
<quoted text>
You're always so ready to jump on Kolb and criticise his play, even though his budding NFL career is pretty damn impressive, yet when it comes to vick, who arguably is nothing but a running back misplaced in the QB position, you speak of as if he is the second coming of JHC.
Kind of makes one wonder what your motivation is.
If Kolb gets hurt, watch and see how they jump up and down.All about race. They aRE the racists
USA ROCKS

United States

#7 Aug 4, 2010
acw wrote:
but its ok to jump on vick even though he's an accomplished athlete, all jokes and name calling aside,dude kolb completed a couple of passes in practice, he should complete 60 and 70 yard passes thats what their paying him for,im with you i hope vick doesn't play 1 down, ever hear of a guy matt cassel, qb for the chiefs, strong backup for tom brady for all those years then when given his chance, well, i think u know the story of the 09 chiefs, that'll be your probowl qb kolb,you know you can come on here and bash vick all you want that is your right, but you know as well as all the others, when the eagles are in trouble their going to rely on vick,
From everything I've read, Cassel was playing with some significant disadvantages. The Chiefs had just hired a new offensive coordinator only weeks before the season had begun. Also, their team led the league last year in "dropped passes". How are those things a reflection of Cassel?

And even for such a dismal year, he threw for more yards than vick ever did except for one.

Vick is a great athlete, there's no denying that. His NFL QB abilities are questionable though. I'm not blowing smoke either. Many professional NFL analysts say the same thing. They just try and say if differently than I do. To be PC, they have to use stats and specific examples and to avoid controversy, they leave out what vick's real problem is. He doesn't have the intelligence or mental acuity to run an NFL team with efficiency. Vick takes a snap with one play in mind and when the defense counters that, which in the NFL happens quite often, instinct takes over and he ends up running or throwing the football like you would see on some sand lot. He's just not smart enough to go to the line and execute at a seconds notice with 3 or 4 options like most successful marquee QBs. That's not good for the receivers or the team's winning potential.

This guy threw away a 7 year 135 million dollar career. He has STD's and happily passes them along to others and is idiotic enough to try and blame "ron mexico" and think he won't be caught. He smokes dope while on probation. He fights, kill, and tortures, dogs to risk his own career. He hosts his own birthday parties, charging admission knowing what type of people are going to show up and is surprised when a gun is pulled and someone ends up being shot. Vick is a walking, talking idiot with exceptional athletic abilities. He should have chosen a sport that didn't require above average mental abilities because he just doesn't have them.

Vick's time with the Eagles will be short lived. They know they made a mistake signing him, they just have to figure out how not to embarrass themselves now by getting rid of him, obtain another QB with some decent skills, and do their best to save some dignity on behalf of the Eagles organization.
Sad Hater

Atlanta, GA

#8 Aug 4, 2010
Play of the Afternoon
Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. How many straight days can we note that Michael Vick hit Riley Cooper deep down the sidelines for a touchdown? This time Vick hit Cooper in stride for a 50-yard score that beat cornerback Dimitri Patterson. The crowd loved it.
http://www.csnphilly.com/08/02/10/Afternoon-C...

Nice try hater!
Sol sista

Zebulon, GA

#9 Aug 4, 2010
USA ROCKS wrote:
<quoted text>
From everything I've read, Cassel was playing with some significant disadvantages. The Chiefs had just hired a new offensive coordinator only weeks before the season had begun. Also, their team led the league last year in "dropped passes". How are those things a reflection of Cassel?
And even for such a dismal year, he threw for more yards than vick ever did except for one.
Vick is a great athlete, there's no denying that. His NFL QB abilities are questionable though. I'm not blowing smoke either. Many professional NFL analysts say the same thing. They just try and say if differently than I do. To be PC, they have to use stats and specific examples and to avoid controversy, they leave out what vick's real problem is. He doesn't have the intelligence or mental acuity to run an NFL team with efficiency. Vick takes a snap with one play in mind and when the defense counters that, which in the NFL happens quite often, instinct takes over and he ends up running or throwing the football like you would see on some sand lot. He's just not smart enough to go to the line and execute at a seconds notice with 3 or 4 options like most successful marquee QBs. That's not good for the receivers or the team's winning potential.
This guy threw away a 7 year 135 million dollar career. He has STD's and happily passes them along to others and is idiotic enough to try and blame "ron mexico" and think he won't be caught. He smokes dope while on probation. He fights, kill, and tortures, dogs to risk his own career. He hosts his own birthday parties, charging admission knowing what type of people are going to show up and is surprised when a gun is pulled and someone ends up being shot. Vick is a walking, talking idiot with exceptional athletic abilities. He should have chosen a sport that didn't require above average mental abilities because he just doesn't have them.
Vick's time with the Eagles will be short lived. They know they made a mistake signing him, they just have to figure out how not to embarrass themselves now by getting rid of him, obtain another QB with some decent skills, and do their best to save some dignity on behalf of the Eagles organization.
Thanks!
USA ROCKS

United States

#10 Aug 5, 2010
USA ROCKS wrote:
From the article:
BETHLEHEM, PA.—
Passes like this are what vick, the dog killer, is incapable of. Yes, he can throw the ball 70 yards but he, and the receivers, don't know what side of the field the ball will come down on. Kolb does this with precision and accuracy.

The Eagles know they have pie in their face by signing the felon. They are just trying to figure out the best way to get rid of him, not look like fools, and get back some of the money they wasted. Unfortunately, it looks like ALL of the other teams in the NFL see vick for what he is......a failed experiment at putting a running back in the QB position and a very detrimental addition to any team that he is on.
Sad Hater

Atlanta, GA

#11 Aug 5, 2010
Dumb Dumb....Vick can throw the rock 50 yards with the flick of a wrist. Did you not hear John Madden? LMAO - even Peter King of SI says Vick has one of the best arms in the whole NFL...STILL, keep trying though! LMAO! Still can't handle that Vick is making nearly as much as Kolb. LOL....and he's the backup? LOL
USA ROCKS

United States

#12 Aug 6, 2010
Wow, 50 yards huh? Damn, that's impressive. Hey, wait, hell even I can throw a football 50 yards..........and, with about the same accuracy as the dog killer, probably better. LMAO

Making nearly as much as Kolb? You thug idolizers, do you just enjoy making idiots of yourselves?

Kolb is making almost 22 million this year, the dog killer, 5. Let's see, 22 mill, 5 mill, 22 mill, 5 mill, yeah, that's just about as much..........to a moron.

And guess what, a good chunk of the dog killer's money is going toward paying off creditors IAW w/his bankruptcy plan.

But, this is all off topic. Kevin Kolb is the QB for the Eagles. He is the future of the Eagles and vick is simply referred to as a backup, disgrace, and felon. End of story!
acw

Saint Albans, WV

#13 Aug 6, 2010
USA ROCKS wrote:
<quoted text>
will you please move on from the whole dog and birthday party bit its gettin little old, this is about football. back to matt cassel playing with some "dissadvantages" vick didn't play with disavantages in atlanta?, a line that couldn't block, recievers that couldn't catch, running backs that avg. 3 yards, and "some decent skills?? don't make 3 probowls, nfc championship, and hold laginimate nfl records on luck boss. and as far as the eagles organization is concerned, vick is just trading material, and i also watched a televised eagles practice last night, every play that kolb ran was to his strengths, 10 and 15 YARD DUMPOFFS, and the announcers just praised him for being so accurate and desisave, then it was vicks turn, threw a 50 yard bomb and overthrew by about a yard, "well vick has always had accuracy issues" one announcer mumbled, then the very next play, running back turned and it hit him in the head, bounced off and hit the ground, much to my surprise that was vicks fault to. which tells me this, the whole kolb being better than vick is just media. Hoss,philly will not be contenders in the nfc east if kolb dumps the ball to the fullback every play. i hope what i saw was not any sort of game plan.
acw

Saint Albans, WV

#14 Aug 6, 2010
Sad Hater wrote:
Dumb Dumb....Vick can throw the rock 50 yards with the flick of a wrist. Did you not hear John Madden? LMAO - even Peter King of SI says Vick has one of the best arms in the whole NFL...STILL, keep trying though! LMAO! Still can't handle that Vick is making nearly as much as Kolb. LOL....and he's the backup? LOL
noone agrees with you when you make sence, believe me, ive tried, ive been called every name in the book.
Proud HATER

United States

#15 Aug 6, 2010
USA ROCKS wrote:
Wow, 50 yards huh? Damn, that's impressive. Hey, wait, hell even I can throw a football 50 yards..........and, with about the same accuracy as the dog killer, probably better. LMAO
Making nearly as much as Kolb? You thug idolizers, do you just enjoy making idiots of yourselves?
Kolb is making almost 22 million this year, the dog killer, 5. Let's see, 22 mill, 5 mill, 22 mill, 5 mill, yeah, that's just about as much..........to a moron.
And guess what, a good chunk of the dog killer's money is going toward paying off creditors IAW w/his bankruptcy plan.
But, this is all off topic. Kevin Kolb is the QB for the Eagles. He is the future of the Eagles and vick is simply referred to as a backup, disgrace, and felon. End of story!
Christmas is coming. hopefully Quinas will remember his gun
acw

Saint Albans, WV

#16 Aug 6, 2010
USA ROCKS wrote:
22, try 12, vick 7 over 2 years thats not far off,peyton manning, tom brady, brett favre don't even make 22, do you honestly think their going to give kevin kolb 22 million dollars for a 1 year extension more than 3 guys with 5 superbowls
Proud HATER

United States

#17 Aug 6, 2010
USA ROCKS wrote:
From the article:
DITTO lmao
acw

Saint Albans, WV

#18 Aug 6, 2010
USA ROCKS wrote:
<quoted text>
mike vick has had 4 head coaches, 5 offensive coordinators, 2006 the last year he started, alanta falcons widerecievers were among top 8 in dropped passes. poor cassel,with no randy moss cassel sucks at least vick did it all by him self, how are all the things you say reflections of vick, you know when you post, you have no stats or any laginimate facts,to back up your mouth, if you wouldn't revert back to the whole animal abuser bit, you wouldn't make any sense at all.
Proud HATER

United States

#19 Aug 6, 2010
and, he's a thug/killer
acw

Saint Albans, WV

#20 Aug 6, 2010
Proud HATER wrote:
and, he's a thug/killer
you and USA ROCKS are two in the same, you make absolutly no sence what so ever, when the arguments start getting good, you revert back to some nonsense about shit that happened 5 years ago. usa rocks has to write a novel, at least it doesn't take all day to read your ignorance, you have no facts, stats, or any leginimate data on anything. exept hes a thug/killer. and yet i sit here day in and day out arguing with the both of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Kafka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tim Tebow Won't Play for Patriots Regardless of... (Jun '13) Sep '13 Laughing Bear Fan 12
News Andy Reid isn't committing to Michael Vick long... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Dogchoker 2
News Eagles: Forget Vick, Pick Nick (Aug '12) Sep '12 genevalove 3
News Greg McElroy leads New York Jets to TD in 28-10... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Vick gets a new flak jacket (Aug '12) Aug '12 Vickstain 2
News Eagles' Vick OK, Kafka hurt, Bell demoted (Aug '12) Aug '12 genevalove 4
News Eagles vs. Steelers: Three things to watch (Aug '12) Aug '12 Shadoz 6
More from around the web