Charles Woodson Belongs on Oakland Ra...

Charles Woodson Belongs on Oakland Raiders

There are 16 comments on the Rant Sports story from May 7, 2013, titled Charles Woodson Belongs on Oakland Raiders. In it, Rant Sports reports that:

It has been seven years since Charles Woodson wore the silver-and-black jersey of the Oakland Raiders .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rant Sports.

Go hard

United States

#1 May 7, 2013
I will love 2 have C-WOOD back on da best team in football ... DA RAIDERS!!! Think about dat RM & DA, bring a leader back 2 us.
touchdowntimmybr own

San Dimas, CA

#2 May 7, 2013
c-woooooood! come home brah!
manzo_831

Pacific Grove, CA

#3 May 7, 2013
Woodson come back home too ur stomping grounds wearing that # 24 Jersey, be the leader of this young D.. we know ur silver n black blood runs threw ur vains making u a raider by heart hands down..
raiderfaith

Apex, NC

#4 May 8, 2013
The only reason to bring woods on back is for leadership purposes. Problem is he will likely want more money than we are willing to pay. Also, given his age, he will likely want to go to a contender for this season. I hated letting Woodson go several years ago. But it has been several years. He is long in the tooth. Maybe a year or two for leadership. But I don't see it happening.
daniel vachon

San Jose, CA

#5 May 8, 2013
They need leadership. Woodson would be perfect. What he brings with leadership and his ability is far better than what we have now. Him coming home just makes sense even if he has lost some steps or no longer plays at the level we are accustomed to. Besides this is a season of little expectation. We may have the worst qb in the division depending on if you think Flynn is better than the qbs on the cheifs.
JUST WYNN FLYNN

Since: Mar 13

Foster City, CA

#6 May 8, 2013
Im cool on Woodson. He's gonna want to much money....and if his old ass gets hurt?? Too much risk..not enough reward. NEXT.......

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#7 May 8, 2013
I would bring him in for the right price. The FS position has been highly ignored by the Raiders this offseason.
eric

Monroe, WI

#8 May 8, 2013
With McKenzie as your GM in Oakland,He knows Woodson ( from his days in Green Bay) I loved Woodson in GB but there is a reason why he still doesnt have a job
Captain Canada

Hartney, Canada

#9 May 8, 2013
Would love to see Woodson and Seymour back in Oakland for a year or two, for veteran leadership at the right price. Unfortunately, I think that Oakland's "right price" and theirs, will be too far apart.
normallylikeyell ow

University Park, PA

#10 May 9, 2013
Return to an organization that gave up on him? For what? What little money they would offer? To win another Super Bowl? And wouldn't McKenzie have called by now?

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#11 May 9, 2013
well, his injury was starting to become a nuisance here in oakland. plus he wasn't getting along with then coach bill callahan. and woodson was just a disgruntled player here with no long contract. so, he goes to g-bay which he didn't want to go to in the first place. didn't get along with coach mcarthy, but stayed, and did great afterwords, "if i'm not mistaken". since then i didn't want c woodson back. and even almost up to date i feel the same. but right now i feel we need him here. just because of the mess mckenzie has made. now, i know mckenzie has ties to woodson and woodson with oakland. but reality? it ain't gonna happen? mckenzie knows he can't lure him in and won't put up the money. so, i agree with normallyell ow. but for RAIDERS sake if they would put the money up for woodson? i'd take him back. something has to click here in oakland?
RAIDERS 2013!!!

Since: Mar 13

Foster City, CA

#12 May 9, 2013
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
well, his injury was starting to become a nuisance here in oakland. plus he wasn't getting along with then coach bill callahan. and woodson was just a disgruntled player here with no long contract. so, he goes to g-bay which he didn't want to go to in the first place. didn't get along with coach mcarthy, but stayed, and did great afterwords, "if i'm not mistaken". since then i didn't want c woodson back. and even almost up to date i feel the same. but right now i feel we need him here. just because of the mess mckenzie has made. now, i know mckenzie has ties to woodson and woodson with oakland. but reality? it ain't gonna happen? mckenzie knows he can't lure him in and won't put up the money. so, i agree with normallyell ow. but for RAIDERS sake if they would put the money up for woodson? i'd take him back. something has to click here in oakland?
RAIDERS 2013!!!
McKenzie has done a hell of a job..consiidering what he WALKED INTO!! Tell me Raider misterio,what would you have done if given the job instead?? I'll wait.......

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#13 May 9, 2013
"CONSIDERING" his, we don't have funds thing, if i would have been him and doing things his way but my way, i would have released all the veteran overpayed players, and hired less payed veteran players. that would have kept a veteran leadershp on the team for the new players of the draft. and slowly start getting rid of the old until the newby's started getting experience. i would have searched for a more experience head coach. i wouldn't have re hired g knap. i would have gone for more top picks in the draft. i would win the crowd by talking RAIDERS, "not gren bay". little things like that. i won't ask you cause you already like everything he's done.(lol) but, i will ask you what games you think we will win to get to your 7-9 record? or 9-7?
RAIDERS 2013!!!
normallylikeyell ow

Loretto, PA

#14 May 9, 2013
Trading Palmer was a good step in that direction. You see what AZ thought he was worth (late round pks). Flynn's better than you think. Ask me how I feel about Graham Harrell (we'll take Tyler Wilson any time you wanna swap). Knapp's a WC guy, SF ties, that whole coaching tree, so that makes sense to me from the outside. But I get where you're coming from with all the GB talk. That would annoy me, too, so sorry if I'm contributing to it. I'll stick to Raiders from here on...
I thought you all had an excellent draft. Time will tell. And you didn't end up sacrificing any picks--same number of picks as rounds next year. Palmer & Seymour kind of had you guys in salary cap bind, along with 2-3 others.
As for the schedule, I gotta agree with you, brother. That's rough, especially the road schedule.

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#15 May 9, 2013
and im not all anti-MCKENZIE!(lol), there's decent things he's done. i can see where hope may come for the future, if he last's that long. so he still has a year or two left. i'm sure by then we should be competetive. "should be"! but yeah, i liked the jason tarver hire. it takes time. i liked the olson sparano hire, even though sparano has a yuk reputation. i liked the draft with hayden even though he may be a risk. i would have done different but i'm okay with it. i liked that he is all of the sudden is looking into veterans for leadership.
and, i know this doesn't have to do with mckenzie, but i like that mark davis said he liked the way the 49ers did it.'a lil salt to the injury" here. i wonder if he was trying to tell mckenzie something? yeah, i know, i don't like to hear it either, but i have mentioned before that i was jealous of the 9ers and their turnaround of their losing way while we are being patient. so, i do have hope. "hopefully" with another gm! there's nothing wrong if im against mckenzie. we've all held anger with al davis and some of his coach hiree's. but, i still hope the RAIDERS win regardless of the way i feel of the way mckenzie runs things here. expressing your hard feelings of al davis of old vs my feelings of mckenzie of new is just your own feelings which is okay. my old al davis way, you can't do nothing about his past, mckenzie, can! i'm still waiting? not on you to answer, i'm waiting on mckenzie.
RAIDERS 2013!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#16 May 9, 2013
normallylikeyellow wrote:
Trading Palmer was a good step in that direction. You see what AZ thought he was worth (late round pks). Flynn's better than you think. Ask me how I feel about Graham Harrell (we'll take Tyler Wilson any time you wanna swap). Knapp's a WC guy, SF ties, that whole coaching tree, so that makes sense to me from the outside. But I get where you're coming from with all the GB talk. That would annoy me, too, so sorry if I'm contributing to it. I'll stick to Raiders from here on...
I thought you all had an excellent draft. Time will tell. And you didn't end up sacrificing any picks--same number of picks as rounds next year. Palmer & Seymour kind of had you guys in salary cap bind, along with 2-3 others.
As for the schedule, I gotta agree with you, brother. That's rough, especially the road schedule.
(lol) no it's cool. i'm cool, i respect everyone's opinions.
RAIDERS 2013!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Jenkins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiders turn free agency focus to defense (Mar '14) Mar '14 TNS 2
News Raiders' Charles Woodson not ready to retire (Dec '13) Dec '13 The Autumn Wind 2
News Purdy: Oakland Raiders give fans hope by beatin... (Oct '13) Oct '13 wiscraider 22
News Jason Tarver gives officials middle finger duri... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Flynnished 7
News Porter's concussion also a Raiders' concern (Sep '13) Sep '13 Stenkins 2
News Tyvon Branch Out For Season With Fractured Fibu... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Flynnished 12
News Oakland Raiders First Team Defense in Need of S... (Aug '13) Aug '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 12
More from around the web