New kids on blocks Ravens' hit so far

Full story: Baltimore Sun

It's only two games into the NFL season, but the unit with the most questions about it entering the 2008 season has performed well.
Comments
1 - 20 of 62 Comments Last updated Mar 19, 2009
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Rages

Baltimore, MD

#1 Sep 23, 2008
Matskos!!!
phish

Baltimore, MD

#2 Sep 23, 2008
The Baltimore RAVENS with an Offense, I don't know if my Heart will last all season!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!
Dumb Idea Detector

Bristol, CT

#3 Sep 23, 2008
Good article. The O-line has been terrific and given Flacco a chance to progress and learn. Their coach also deserves a lot of credit, as does Cameron, whose play calling has kept defenses off balance.
mirror

Cranbury, NJ

#4 Sep 23, 2008
you're ugly!
jeffro

Holly Springs, NC

#5 Sep 23, 2008
Cameron is the best O coordinator in the league. You are lucky to have the best D and O coordinators in the league on the same team.
FansAgainstDrunk Posters

Baltimore, MD

#6 Sep 23, 2008
jeffro wrote:
Cameron is the best O coordinator in the league. You are lucky to have the best D and O coordinators in the league on the same team.
It's not luck it's called hiring the right people, something the Orioles can't do well.
I liked the play where Heap faked falling down and got up and caught the pass.
Jeffro, the Ravens basher from down south, it's not luck but it is good fortune and we will enjoy it!
Fells Point Craig

College Park, MD

#7 Sep 23, 2008
If starting 2-0 is part of a rebuilding year, I can't wait until the project is completed!!! The Squealer game will be very telling! Lets Go Flacco!
Mike

Alexandria, VA

#8 Sep 23, 2008
I think the key as Preston mentioned is game-planning. We have to go with our strength and not abandon the run. I liked Billick, but his biggest fault was abandoning the run when we had the lead or on 3rd and short plays. He tried to get fancy and too often it led to interceptions and 3 and outs. This staff will stick with the run if that's what works. If you can hold the ball for 13 minutes in the 4th quarter, you're going to win alot of games.
Rich

United States

#9 Sep 23, 2008
Right on articule. I couldn't agree more. Billick's gone, Ogden's gone. Now we can get down to real hard nosed, intergerity laced football. Flacco fine, learning like a sponge. A great arm with a coaching staff perfect for him and the whole team. This is Baltimore football the ole Baltimore Colts fans can appreciate. Let's head to Pittsburgh. Go Ravens!
Ross Enola PA

Lexington Park, MD

#10 Sep 23, 2008
They make defensive lineman beg, They make linebackers reel
They turn veterans to mush, and make rookies squeal
The Blackbird's O-Line, baby, ours and ours alone
I'm here to tell ya, that they're bad to the bone
B-B-B-B-Bad
B-B-B-B-Bad
B-B-B-B-Bad
Bad to the bone
lewesjim

Bethlehem, PA

#11 Sep 23, 2008
the key to this season is the offensive line. The Ravens will go as far as this line can take them. Flacco will succeed or fail as this line plays.
Joe Mess East BMore

Columbia, MD

#12 Sep 23, 2008
WTF???? Another positive article from ol' Preston...I repeat...what in the hell is going on around here??
Mark

Bethesda, MD

#13 Sep 23, 2008
Despite loss, Steelers best in division
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
By Ron Cook, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Steelers are going to win the AFC North Division. Let's get that straight right at the top. As badly as they played in Philadelphia Sunday, they still are better than Baltimore, Cleveland and Cincinnati. They will prove that again Monday night when they smack down the Ravens at Heinz Field.

I'm thinking something along the lines of 35-10.

Seriously.
1ravensfan

Catonsville, MD

#14 Sep 23, 2008
the O-line will only get better. the coaching staff continues to allow the players to do what they do best. they never ask anyone to do something that they are not good at. everyone made a big deal out of what a harder training camp would do to the tea, so far it looks like the harder training camp has produced a more physical team on both sides of the ball. Jason Brown dominated Shaun rogers at the point of attack, Grubbs and Yanda opened up holes inside, and Gaither, Terry and Anderson sealed everything on the outside. so much for the new and improved Cleveland Browns
1ravensfan

Catonsville, MD

#15 Sep 23, 2008
Mark wrote:
Despite loss, Steelers best in division
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
By Ron Cook, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Steelers are going to win the AFC North Division. Let's get that straight right at the top. As badly as they played in Philadelphia Sunday, they still are better than Baltimore, Cleveland and Cincinnati. They will prove that again Monday night when they smack down the Ravens at Heinz Field.
I'm thinking something along the lines of 35-10.
Seriously.
Are you serious, with the way Philly smacked around big Ben with such ease. the ravens will get to Ben with a variety of blitzes. Baltimore will establish dominance on the defensive side of the ball. They will run the ball effectively, and ask Flacco to do just enough to pull the upset and put a death grip on the division
Dash

Parrish, FL

#16 Sep 23, 2008
Nice, Mike!
james

White Marsh, MD

#17 Sep 23, 2008
Rich wrote:
Right on articule. I couldn't agree more. Billick's gone, Ogden's gone. Now we can get down to real hard nosed, intergerity laced football. Flacco fine, learning like a sponge. A great arm with a coaching staff perfect for him and the whole team. This is Baltimore football the ole Baltimore Colts fans can appreciate. Let's head to Pittsburgh. Go Ravens!
Ogden was hurt and very frustrated by Billick's play calling and BB's lack of a smash mouth power game. When not injured, Ogden was a force. This is a good situation, though, in that our young guys have a chance to develop.
waspman

United States

#18 Sep 23, 2008
No doubt, bringing in Anderson and Neal are two more feathers for Ozzie's hat not to mention how this young line he drafted has progressed so quickly.

I was wondering about the "#78 is an eligible receiver" announcements in the fourth quarter. A-ha! It was when Anderson came in as well.

Now I'm wondering when we will see a pass to Adam Terry.(Just send somebody else deep, though.)
waspman

United States

#19 Sep 23, 2008
Ron Cook ... who cares what he says?

(It's more fun reading the Browns' fans' blogs anyway.)
Mon

Baltimore, MD

#20 Sep 23, 2008
THis is the plus side of tougher training camp (the downside being injuries). Just as Harbaugh had predicted, in both games the Ravens have been better able to press and execute late in the game. 15 minutes of posession in the 4th quarter is great.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Flynn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gresh & Zo's No Huddle: Why Was Vick Still Play... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Barbara Hathaway 5
Rookie McClain on his way up (Nov '08) Nov '08 Daniel 12
Remember when? (Sep '08) Sep '08 Fang Guy 2
Not-so-golden oldies (Aug '08) Sep '08 RavenKen 131
Fans find camp a hit (Jul '08) Aug '08 Joe Mess East BMore 9
Patriots sign ex-Raven Flynn (Aug '08) Aug '08 18andDONEwihtoutC... 52
Blocking out talk of being the backup (Aug '08) Aug '08 Shas 8
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Mike Flynn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE