Ravens take Auburn guard Grubbs in fi...

Ravens take Auburn guard Grubbs in first round

There are 12 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Apr 27, 2007, titled Ravens take Auburn guard Grubbs in first round. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

The Ravens did what many expected when they used their first-round selection on an offensive lineman, selecting Auburn guard Ben Grubbs with the 29th overall pick today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

FELIX

Mission Viejo, CA

#1 Apr 28, 2007
I LIKE TO PICK , I WONDER ABOUT THE TALKS WITH BRADY QUINN
P-Zat

Baltimore, MD

#2 Apr 28, 2007
Could we please stop -- once and for all -- the canonization of Ozzie Newsome. This is the man who brought us DeRon Jenkins, Travis Taylor, Kyle Boller and Dwan Edwards. And now? Yamon Figurs. Yes, THE Yamon Figurs! Did the Ravens address their dire need for a quarterback of the future? No. So we've got Steve McNair (who lost the Ravens the playoff game versus Indy) and Kyle Boller (who STINKS). Oh yeah...and we've got Yamon Figurs. Wonder if Mike Preston will question Newsome's moves? Nah, Preston's too busy blasting Billick (who'll have to figure a way to get the ball in Yamon Figurs' hands).
trueraven

Bernville, PA

#3 Apr 28, 2007
GET A LIFE
Abdul

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Apr 28, 2007
What would the Ravens have had to give up in order to draft Brady Quinn? And what's the possibility that the Ravens make a trade with the Browns to acquire Quinn at this point?
Scott G

Frederick, MD

#5 Apr 28, 2007
P-Zat

The fact that over 70% of the players drafted by the Ravens...the highest in the NFL...are still in the league speaks for itself.
Bennett

Talladega, AL

#6 Apr 29, 2007
Baltimore is getting a great player in Ben Grubbs. He has a tremendous work ethic & he's a model citizen. Hugh Nall is great at developing lineman & Ben Grubbs is no exception. War Eagle.
Kenny

Ellicott City, MD

#7 Apr 30, 2007
Can he play tackle? because that's what we're going to need next year
FELIX

Mission Viejo, CA

#8 Jul 4, 2007
P-Zat wrote:
Could we please stop -- once and for all -- the canonization of Ozzie Newsome. This is the man who brought us DeRon Jenkins, Travis Taylor, Kyle Boller and Dwan Edwards. And now? Yamon Figurs. Yes, THE Yamon Figurs! Did the Ravens address their dire need for a quarterback of the future? No. So we've got Steve McNair (who lost the Ravens the playoff game versus Indy) and Kyle Boller (who STINKS). Oh yeah...and we've got Yamon Figurs. Wonder if Mike Preston will question Newsome's moves? Nah, Preston's too busy blasting Billick (who'll have to figure a way to get the ball in Yamon Figurs' hands).
What quaterback were you looking for brady I think brady quinn is hugely overrated. the media can sometimes do that like lebron james
FELIX

Mission Viejo, CA

#9 Jul 4, 2007
Why would they want quinn He is overrated and the nfl knows it didn't you see the draft besides Mcnair can play 2 more years and the ravens know it

“Real Black Men Speak English”

Since: May 07

Bmore

#10 Jul 5, 2007
FELIX wrote:
<quoted text>What quaterback were you looking for brady I think brady quinn is hugely overrated. the media can sometimes do that like lebron james
How do you figure Lebron is overrated? Everything the media said about Lebron he's delivered
Steel Dynasty

Newark, OH

#11 Jul 7, 2007
Mcnair sucks so the ratbirds better do something,the defense bailed that crappy offense out all last year,and this year after losing almost half your offense I doubt they'll improve.
Scott G

Frederick, MD

#12 Jul 14, 2007
Steel Dynasty wrote:
Mcnair sucks so the ratbirds better do something,the defense bailed that crappy offense out all last year,and this year after losing almost half your offense I doubt they'll improve.
Losing half our offense.....? And we have replaced that "half" with what may be better players. Ou offense will be better than last year, and the defense will not lose a step.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Flynn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gresh & Zo's No Huddle: Why Was Vick Still Play... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Barbara Hathaway 5
News New kids on blocks Ravens' hit so far (Sep '08) Mar '09 John 62
News Rookie McClain on his way up (Nov '08) Nov '08 Daniel 12
News Remember when? (Sep '08) Sep '08 Fang Guy 2
News Not-so-golden oldies (Aug '08) Sep '08 RavenKen 131
News Fans find camp a hit (Jul '08) Aug '08 Joe Mess East BMore 9
News Patriots sign ex-Raven Flynn (Aug '08) Aug '08 18andDONEwihtoutC... 52
More from around the web