McNair misses practice for second str...

McNair misses practice for second straight day -

There are 37 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Oct 12, 2007, titled McNair misses practice for second straight day -. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Ravens quarterback Steve McNair missed today's practice, the second straight day he was sidelined with a stiff back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
steve mcnair

Floyds Knobs, IN

#1 Oct 12, 2007
I'm okay, just taking some time off. I'll be back to have my best game ever this Sunday. Peace out.
baltoboy

Toronto, Canada

#2 Oct 12, 2007
Oh No! Without Steve we might not score a touchdown this week! Oh wait. Without Steve we might not be able to put the ball across the goalline when we're in the red zone! Oh wait.

Play Kyle...things can only improve for our offense. And make Billick call plays that call for passes beyond the first down line on 3rd down. Don't throw the ball 4 yards on 3rd and 7.
Brian Billick

Severn, MD

#3 Oct 12, 2007
That's ok, Steve. Take all the time you need. You've been having so many VERY VERY GOOD GAMES lately, a few days off won't hurt you one bit. In fact, after you play on Sunday, I'm going to give you a couple of extra days off next week just because I like you so much and we've been through so much together. In fact, if those trainers can't help you with your back, come on over and I'll give you a really great back rub that I'm sure'll help. OK?

BTW -- If you run into Boller -- just smile at him and pat him on the back for being such a great team player. He really likes stuff like that.
terps19

Montréal, Canada

#4 Oct 12, 2007
I have never reallyt been a Boller fan or Boller hater; however I have always been a fan of McNoodle. Despite that being said I think that Boller should get the start this weekend and give Steve the weekend to rest and get better. With Boller in as QB, we can throw the long passes and he always has more zip than mcnair. He will probably be able to move in the pocket better over McNair and his back and groin.
And if Boller doesnt win this weekend then he should stay as a backup QB. So far it has not been a fun season to watch. Better turn it on soon guys... can you feel the season slipping away?
Bob S

Augusta, ME

#5 Oct 12, 2007
We should beat St. Louis at home even with Troy Smith at QB. If we can't win Sunday, we might as well think about who else we're going to root for in the playoffs.
GHT

Portland, OR

#6 Oct 12, 2007
0-5 team, although not to be overlooked. We're at home and play well there. Kyle has performed well the few times he's been in. McNair has a bevy of nicks and cuts. Let's let KB start, see what he does and have McNair as the back-up this week. This allows McNair to heal and KB to get some more playing time. It could also fuel an already heated QB controversy. We will need both QB's this year, so let's play em both when warranted. After last weeks terrible showing, it's set up perfect for KB to have a chance to lead and not make it look like Billick made the decision with McNair losing his job.
Joe

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Oct 12, 2007
Look, Steve, my man. Just save your positive energy and efforts until after the bye, being older than you were three years ago takes a toll on you, and you just can't always come back and play when hurt. Just take a break bro, let Kyle come in here, do the leg work for 2 games, and come back fresh for Pittsburgh on MNF so that you don't turn the ball over 6 times.

Since: Sep 07

Tampa, FL

#8 Oct 12, 2007
Stick a fork in Grand daddy McNair-he is done. Put in Boller, if we score(man, that sounds pathetic) then he should stay as the starter.

“Displaced Raven Fan”

Since: Sep 07

Silver Spring,Md

#9 Oct 12, 2007
I'd give it to Boller and let McNair rest. If we can't beat St. Louis then it's time to write off the rest of the season and look forward to next year.
Bacon

Sterling, VA

#10 Oct 12, 2007
Not hard to read between the lines on this one...McNair says I'm OK..should be ready to go. Billick says "game-time decision". Sounds like ol' Brian wants to start his main man Kyle. This will be interesting to see how this plays out the rest of the way.
Kyle Boller

Baltimore, MD

#11 Oct 12, 2007
Gee thanks coach I love it when you pat me on the head! Maybe if you put me in instead of trying to hype up your injured guy you wouldn't be getting so much crap from everyone. McNair is great and he should start when healthy so start me the next two games and let Steve get healthy and come back strong after the bye week. There's also a chance I could play well and you could stick with me. It's a win-win situation. By the way is it odd that I can throw a football farther backwards on my knees then Steve can forwards?
Jim

Buffalo, NY

#12 Oct 12, 2007
At home against a bad team, even a bust like Boller can win this game.

KWR

Since: Mar 07

AOL

#13 Oct 12, 2007
Could it be..is it really going to happen? Boller instead of the injured McNair?? I'm actually starting to get a little excited about this game. Mc needs some time to rest. How long? we'll soon find out.
Mongo

Lexington Park, MD

#14 Oct 12, 2007
Game Plan for Sunday:

Ride McGahee off Left Tackle (Gaither) like Spidey rode Seabiscuit. Every 5th play, Boller can throw a 70 yard bullet and hit one of the Ravens mascots in the end zone, just to keep the Rams DBs on their toes.

McNair and Ogden can share a tube of Icy Hot on the sidelines and rest up for Week 9.
The Real Steve McNair

Washington, DC

#15 Oct 12, 2007
I know I really do s*t*i*n*k but i just have to be with an NFL team no matter what. My arm is pathetic and my decision making is awful (I think its cool Coach Billick seems to ignore this). I am really not that bright either and I really cannot read defenses that well. But, football is fun and I still want a Super Bowl ring....ok, my decision is made. I am going to sit out this week and let Kyle play. I feel a little tired and my arm hurts....oh, that's right, my back. Anyway, at least I can collect another paycheck. Maybe if I don't play too much this year I can stretch this out into next year as well. Surely some team will need me.
Ravens_Flock

Menlo Park, CA

#16 Oct 12, 2007
I think Mc needs to rest.....for the rest of the damned season.

Let's Go Kyle Boller!!! This is your chance to win over your team and your city again....and lead us to the promised land. Just imagine what all the haters and pundits would be saying then....after all this talk of Philip Rivers, and Tony Romo, and Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning......what if....just what IF, it was KYLE F*CKING BOLLER who won the Super Bowl???

Not saying it'll happen. But just imagine.
Truth

Washington, DC

#17 Oct 12, 2007
Billick should learn to think before speaking. If Boller comes out and throws 4 TD scores, he is going to feel awfully stupid putting McNair back in next week. But, I am sure he will "craft" some way of sying it is best thing for the team and that.....well..you know...you have heard this bs before
The Real Steve McNair

Washington, DC

#18 Oct 12, 2007
..and another thing......I think that..........owwwwww, darn, I just strained my shoulder.....owwwww.this darn typing..........
Brian Billick

Washington, DC

#19 Oct 12, 2007
Steve....is that you?.......are you ok? God, please tell me you can't play.....I will say this to the media. Let me know how this sounds?

We will let Steve rest this week and get him healthy for next weeks engagement. If he is not ready we can at worse look forward to having him back after the bye. I have faith in whatever QB is in the game.
The Real Steve McNair

Washington, DC

#20 Oct 12, 2007
Brain,

Don't worry, I am ok. Just a slight typing strain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Flynn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gresh & Zo's No Huddle: Why Was Vick Still Play... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Barbara Hathaway 5
News New kids on blocks Ravens' hit so far (Sep '08) Mar '09 John 62
News Rookie McClain on his way up (Nov '08) Nov '08 Daniel 12
News Remember when? (Sep '08) Sep '08 Fang Guy 2
News Not-so-golden oldies (Aug '08) Sep '08 RavenKen 131
News Fans find camp a hit (Jul '08) Aug '08 Joe Mess East BMore 9
News Patriots sign ex-Raven Flynn (Aug '08) Aug '08 18andDONEwihtoutC... 52
More from around the web