New kids on block get in line -

New kids on block get in line -

There are 10 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Oct 11, 2007, titled New kids on block get in line -. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Taking snaps yesterday behind his reconfigured starting offensive line - which included three rookies and two 24-year-old players - Ravens quarterback Steve McNair acknowledged feeling somewhat out of place.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

mike T

Abingdon, MD

#1 Oct 11, 2007
oooohhhhh baby, if an O line has to be , I think this is a better than average group of guys to have to take up the challange. Just think of the benefits this will pay down the road when they do grow into their starting positions. When I read this story, a sudden feeling of "they got this covered" came over me. Even though we have struggled so far this season, we have maintained. It will be another WIN!

GO RAVENS
Bob S

Augusta, ME

#2 Oct 11, 2007
In two years, this line could be one of the team's strengths like the Steelers, Patriots and Colts O-lines are. Then we draft Oklahoma's QB (Sam Bradford). Bingo! We have an offense. Question is, is Billick around when that happens??
Tom

Rehoboth Beach, DE

#3 Oct 11, 2007
Bob S wrote:
In two years, this line could be one of the team's strengths like the Steelers, Patriots and Colts O-lines are. Then we draft Oklahoma's QB (Sam Bradford). Bingo! We have an offense. Question is, is Billick around when that happens??
I agree,but I hope not like the Steelers O line.They gave up 49 sacks last year.
Bruce

Chantilly, VA

#4 Oct 11, 2007
I agree with all of you. It's exciting to see a young offensive line. I'm sure they'll make their share of mistakes but if they stay together for any length of time they will be great. who knows, maybe they'll be great sooner rather than later.

Since: Aug 07

here

#5 Oct 11, 2007
you guys are all nuts! A young line = losses and no playoff appearance. Is that your goal this year, or are Ravens fans already throwing in the towel for '07? What in the heck was the Wizard of Oz thinking when he decided to keep and regularly dress 3 rookies on any given Sunday? Veterans make great back ups and this is risky, as the Ravens are seeing. Better D's and defensive fronts will eat them up. Might be good for '08 and beyond, but this was suppose to be a Super Bowl year - go read the pre-season forecasts.
Bill

United States

#6 Oct 11, 2007
I'm excited...now maybe we can get a young QB in the game *cough* Boller *cough*. I think these guys will really pick it up quick and may be playing quite well late in the season.
Coach

White House, TN

#7 Oct 11, 2007
This is a necessary and inevitable change. We will need some youth soon on both sides of the ball.
Bob S

Augusta, ME

#8 Oct 11, 2007
mikeyg wrote:
you guys are all nuts! A young line = losses and no playoff appearance. Is that your goal this year, or are Ravens fans already throwing in the towel for '07? What in the heck was the Wizard of Oz thinking when he decided to keep and regularly dress 3 rookies on any given Sunday? Veterans make great back ups and this is risky, as the Ravens are seeing. Better D's and defensive fronts will eat them up. Might be good for '08 and beyond, but this was suppose to be a Super Bowl year - go read the pre-season forecasts.
I don't think we'll do any better with Flynn and Ogden in there this year. Ogden is hurt and so is Flynn. They wouldn't be playing at 100%. Don't sell the rookies short. They're talented players.
Bruce

Chantilly, VA

#9 Oct 12, 2007
Mikeyg,

From what I saw they had the QB's back pretty good and did a great job. A young line does NOT equal losses. YOU are the one throwing in the towel by saying something you can't back up. These young men get paid good money to play at a moments notice and that's what they did. They may be young and inexperienced but you can't overlook their talent, and they have plenty of that. Even a veteran O-line has weaknesses. All I am saying is, it's great to see these young bucks come up and do a good job and they will only get better in time. In the meantime, if the 1st string players can't play, I have all the confidence in these young guys that they will perform well.

Since: Aug 07

here

#10 Oct 12, 2007
I seem to be in the minority opinion on this thread - let's sit back and see who knows what they are talking about

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Flynn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gresh & Zo's No Huddle: Why Was Vick Still Play... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Barbara Hathaway 5
News New kids on blocks Ravens' hit so far (Sep '08) Mar '09 John 62
News Rookie McClain on his way up (Nov '08) Nov '08 Daniel 12
News Remember when? (Sep '08) Sep '08 Fang Guy 2
News Not-so-golden oldies (Aug '08) Sep '08 RavenKen 131
News Fans find camp a hit (Jul '08) Aug '08 Joe Mess East BMore 9
News Patriots sign ex-Raven Flynn (Aug '08) Aug '08 18andDONEwihtoutC... 52
More from around the web