Dinner hosted to honor firefighters, deputies

Dec. 13--BECKLEY -- Every day, police officers and firefighters risk their lives to keep others safe, and not often do they get awarded or honored for their deeds. Full Story
dirty rotton stinkin rich

Parkersburg, WV

#1 Dec 16, 2010
This is always makes me mad correctional officers never get recognised as a LEO. But a large percent of police and fire fighters would never set foot in a correctional setting. People think that inmates stay locked down and we (Correctional officers )have weapons and all kind of equipment we take their post with 150 convected felons and the only weapons/tools we have is keys and a radio. No the inmates are not locked down no we dont carry guns, knifes, sticks, and mase. The only time Correctional officer is recognised when one makes the funny paper.
Ray

United States

#2 Dec 17, 2010
You are not recognized a law enforcement because you are not. Sounds like you wanted to be in law enforcement but couldn't pass the written or psychological exam, or maybe the background investigation.
lol

Beckley, WV

#3 Dec 17, 2010
How funny you want to whine that u do not get recognised for something you chose to do but yet I do not see you running into a burning building nor do I see you chasing a man with a gun through a dark alley or woods oh yeah I almost forgot I haven't ever heard of a c/o having to roll up to a domestic with shots fired either. Please cry me a river and then go apply at the sheriff's office b/c I heard they were hiring b/c some left to go to the federal prision so they could have a cake job.
Countryboy

Chesterfield, MO

#4 Dec 18, 2010
I have worked on all three sides plus as a paramedic, they are all dangerous jobs but most cons are laid back wanting to do their time and go home.who do you think is more dangerous someone running or someone who's caught?There all dangerous just depends
Countryboy

Chesterfield, MO

#5 Dec 18, 2010
Whats going on,and if you think you are better than that other person u know with a power trip.And when u graduate the acadamy you can carry O C spray,till then u should be able to handle yourself,otherwise maybe this isnt the line of work for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Cox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brouse Isn't Quite Ready (Nov '08) Nov '08 Marcus 2
Child support collection effort saves the day (Mar '08) Mar '08 doug boman deadbe... 1
New Jersey motorists may want to get red light ... (Jan '08) Jan '08 MelTol 1
More from around the web