Plenty can claim the blame

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Marcus Hamilton has been a Bear for 19 days, but after Sunday's 22-20 loss to the Falcons his teammates protected the young cornerback as if he were a longtime team member.

Comments (Page 8)

Showing posts 141 - 159 of159
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Bears

Harmon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

The Atlanta Falcons wrote:
Thanks for the squib kick that gave us the ball on our 44 yard line. Also, thanks for the defensive breakdown giving us the 26 yard gain into your territory. And finally, just thanks for handing us the game while you were busy celebrating your win...er, almost.
You are welcome. Is there anything else we can do for you? Also, we hope that you enjoyed the momentum that we gave you by allowing you to receive after we won the opening coin toss IN A DOME. We wanted you to be able to set the tone for the game. Were you comforatble after the game? We apologize for not coming over to your locker room and toweling you all off, but we were busy showering off all of the sticky Gatorade we poured on ourselves with 11 second left in the game.
thomasrules1

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Conspiracy Man wrote:
Dick Jauron would have won this game. He might have won all 6 games this year. Everybody hated him for his calm demeanor (and his choice of John Shoop was baffling at the time, but the subsequent coordinators were just as bad - maybe he did not have the offensive personnel), but he could win games in the clutch. Jauron was an excellent game manager, but he was run out of town because he was not Angelo's guy. People forget about the fact that he had really little talent with which to work. Look back and remember that nobody could ever complain about how Jauron managed a game (other than John Shoop complaints which were shown in hidsight to be more related to having no offensive talent).
Dick is wild compared to this lifeless coach!!
Gee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Damani wrote:
Could've, should've, would've! A heartbreaking loss indeed! Look people its one game, one loss. A win against the Vikings next week and all of this fire the coaching staff stuff will disappear! After the preseason no one would have thought that the Bears would be .500! Four road games, two home games, and the only team under .500 so far has been the Lions! So before we start firing the whole organization lets just see how the season plays out. Poor decisions by the coaching staff may have cost the Bears the game but by some of these post you would think the Bears were the Lions, Rams, or Raiders.
Give the Falcons some credit. The Bears plan was to stop Turner and dare the rookie to beat them and he did! Once again the Bears will be fine!! GO BEARS!!!!
OK Damani, The "Voice" of reason...

I'll be looking for your calm and "Equanimity", in December we we ALL are sitting around trying to figure out HOW the Bears can make the playoffs. And EXPLAIN to us ALL the equations possible.
Need I remind you that A- Peterson ran ALL over the Bears last year? And that Berrian will stretch this wounded secondary to the brink?
With the strength of the NFC South, NFC East, the only team coming out of the NFC North will probably be the Division Winner, The Bears cannot afford these losses, and sorry, but the way they have lost the 3 games (by a total of 9 pts.) does nothing but call into question the coaching staff.
Bill

Geneva, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Bauer wrote:
One more thing, slightly off-topic:
Will someone please politely ask Mrs. McCaskey if we can bring back the Honey Bears?
They've been gone since '85 -so has the Championship. Coincidence?
Cheerleaders are as American as apple pie.
BRING BACK THE HONEY BEARS!

If they can play Defense ..... I'M all for it !!

“Stimulate THIS!”

Since: Aug 08

West Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Lovie will be jettisoned out of here but not until after his contract expires. He will finish below .500 (career), never win a SB, and then some lame McCaskey or the brain dead Phillips will come to the podium and say, "We love Lovie, we thank Lovie, we just need to go in a new direction. Lovie, enjoy the $40M we gave you down there in Sandy, TX."
K20A2_S

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Even Atlanta coaches knew they were going to squib kick and put their hands team in their, so the guy that picked it up got 10 yards returned.............they shouldn't have squibbed, the hands team can't block very well obviously.......
Ed Sprinkle

Berwyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Randy Pollock wrote:
This is the beginning, the very beginning, of the Atlanta dynasty. Laugh if you will, but it will happen. And you will remember this proclamation when it does.
I will remember considering you're the only guy in China named Randy.
Da Coach

Berwyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
If they can play Defense ..... I'M all for it !!
They used to block my passes all the time.
Bill

Geneva, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Da Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
They used to block my passes all the time.

Yeah, but ..... they sure could get you on the ground when they wanted to !!

RWB

Clarkston, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

We have the worst coaches in the NFL. The Gumbys need to go!!!!!!!
RWB

Clarkston, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Philips Do What Is The Right Thing And Fire These Clowns They are not real NFL coaches!!!!!!
1bearsfan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

George wrote:
I for one will not blame this loss on the coaching staff. This is how I see it:
1) On the last play, it was not Babich's call that blew the game. IT was Hamilton not getting back far enough to make a play on the ball. That's unacceptable.
2) I know that Hamilton is a 3rd stringer, but c'mon. You guys can't let him off that easy. This is the NFL. People get hurt and injured. Back ups have to come in and step up. PERIOD.
3) That fumble Tommie Harris recovered. SMDH is all I can say.
4) Our defense got exposed in the secondary. This should be an eye opener to the corners. Apparently none of them can cover the quick slant route.
5) Our defense didn't get one sack. That's unacceptable. BUT the Falcons were doing 3 step drops with Ryan all day. Those make it almost impossible to get sacks.
On a side note, our offense may not have done a whole lot but they put us in a position to win a game. You can't ask too much more from your offense than that. Orton, Forte, and Hester played well for us.
Let's get ready for next week. Another big game.
GO BEARS!!! NFC NORTH CHAMPIONS!!!
Hey George! I agree with you on most everything.The only thing I would add besides getting screwed by the Officials on the play clock.That should have been expired.Before he got out of bounds with that catch.No one is really talking about Robbie Gould.Who made a bad squib kick,which he admitted.A conservative or average squib should have gotten to the 20 to 25 yard line.A great squib would have gotten to the 10.Robbie only got it to the 35! So if he gets just 10 yards more on that,the game is over! They practice these kicks routinely & he is a good kicker.I have put the game behind me,its time to move on.We are still in 1st place in our division.Unfortunately we lost 2 tough road games to good teams.I still believe in my Bears & always will.I believe the Bears will be fine though.Hopefully it will make us stronger.Time to move on to next week.Lets take it out on the Vikings this week.Who barely beat the Lions at home! Bears 24 Vikings 10 Take Care! God Bless! GO BEARS!!
1bearsfan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Bauer wrote:
Why are there so many Chicken Littles on this thread who think the sky is falling?
The Bears are 3-3, still tied for 1st, they've got 3 home games in a row coming up, and they've only played 1 divisional opponent so far.
Looks like they'll just have to beat the stuffing out of the Packers, Vikings and Lions to make the playoffs -who here doesn't think they can do that?
Orton put to rest the one lingering doubt we might have had -the guy can definitely run a gritty 2 minute offense.
We've got a good defense, too.
I bet this Bears team wins the division handily.
And kudos to Mike Brown for stepping up and taking the blame -classy guy, that Mike Brown is.
Now, will you jerks on this thread also show a little class, and stop acting like those idiots on Saturday Night Live?
Thanks Bauer:Nice post,I am growing weary of all the trash talk on these posts towards our Bears!! Take Care! BEAR DOWN! GO BEARS!!
1bearsfan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Damani wrote:
Could've, should've, would've! A heartbreaking loss indeed! Look people its one game, one loss. A win against the Vikings next week and all of this fire the coaching staff stuff will disappear! After the preseason no one would have thought that the Bears would be .500! Four road games, two home games, and the only team under .500 so far has been the Lions! So before we start firing the whole organization lets just see how the season plays out. Poor decisions by the coaching staff may have cost the Bears the game but by some of these post you would think the Bears were the Lions, Rams, or Raiders.
Give the Falcons some credit. The Bears plan was to stop Turner and dare the rookie to beat them and he did! Once again the Bears will be fine!! GO BEARS!!!!
Damani:Thanks for putting some reality into perspective,for all that think the season is over! 2 of the 3 Bears losses were on the road to good teams(we lost by only 6 points combined).They have had a tough schedule so far with alot of road games so far.Good teams do lose games people,many of them usually come on the road.All these people who said the Bears would be lucky to win 4 games,are here trashing them for being 3-3 so far & still in 1st place?? No one has dominated us so far,we have had a chance to win every game,not too bad! Its Football & sometimes you lose or win the close ones.Close ones usually are won by the home team(2 of our losses).We are still in a good position & look good.We have a Offense that everyone thought would be the worst in the league.yet they are ranked in the top 20 & are improving.With a very good special teams,Defense & a decent offense.The sky looks much brighter,than most of you are giving them credit for.We need improvement in the secondary(we are having some crucial injuries there).We are in the top 5 vs the run! I believe we will improve.I also believe we will win our division & make the playoffs.Which none of you thought they would do anyway.So why all the trash talk,when they are exceeding expectations?? So come on people.lay off the trash talk against our Bears.They are overachieving for what everyone expected from them.We are in a good position right now.So try supporting our Bears,fans make a difference.Instead of hurting them with booing or trash talk.Pointing fingers & trashing your team,will hardly help them but supporting them will.I have been a die hard Bear fan for 37 years,& I always will be.I always believe & support,regardless of the circumstances(I know that is just me).I am just trying to rally the fans in support of our Bears!So come on,lets get behind or Bears,instead of kicking their behinds all the time.Take care fellow Bear fans! God Bless! BEAR DOWN!! GO BEARS! DIVISION WINNERS IN 2008!
Damani

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

Gee wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Damani, The "Voice" of reason...
I'll be looking for your calm and "Equanimity", in December we we ALL are sitting around trying to figure out HOW the Bears can make the playoffs. And EXPLAIN to us ALL the equations possible.
Need I remind you that A- Peterson ran ALL over the Bears last year? And that Berrian will stretch this wounded secondary to the brink?
With the strength of the NFC South, NFC East, the only team coming out of the NFC North will probably be the Division Winner, The Bears cannot afford these losses, and sorry, but the way they have lost the 3 games (by a total of 9 pts.) does nothing but call into question the coaching staff.
I just like to look at the bigger picture and because I don't panic after a loss does not make me the "Voice" of reason. Let's take a look at the bigger picture:

1. The Packers don't look like a team that is unbeatable. No running game, Rogers has a bad shoulder, and the defense is mediocre at best.
2. The Vikings are falling under the expectations pressure. They have QB issues(Gus Ferrote is not the answer), and their secondary is one of the worst in the league.
3. The Lions are rebuilding for the 100th time! Enough said!!
4. No RB has rushed for 100 yards against the Bears D this year so lets stop talking about what Peterson did last year!
5. The Offense has exceeded expectations. Orton looks like the best QB in the division and Brandon Lloyd(true playmaker) will be back, Hester and Davis are proving to be valuable in the passing game, and we are finally learning how to use Greg Olsen. Forte looks like the Bears version of Brian Westbrook.
6. The only teams on the remainging schedule where the Bears will truly be under dogs is Jacksonville, and Tennesse.
Bear Lover

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

Are any of you really surprised about any of this?! We were seeing this last season, we are seeing it again this season. For some reason, I keep hearing about how Urlacher's the leader on the field. Everyone looks to him, I hear. But do you know what these losses ultimately comes down to? No spark, no fire, no desire to win. You can have the greatest head coach, defensive coordinator, whatever, if the players don't execute, you just won't win. Hey, Urlacher, two words for you buddy: OVER-RATED! Since the day you came to town....
Bill

Glendale Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

Bear Lover wrote:
..... You can have the greatest head coach, defensive coordinator, whatever, if the players don't execute, you just won't win......

The problem is ..... We DON'T have the greatest Head Coach OR Defensive Coordinator !

Bear Lover

Salida, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

The problem is ..... We DON'T have the greatest Head Coach OR Defensive Coordinator !

Missed that point, huh?! It won't make any difference who we have on the coaching staff, if we don't have the defense to execute.
Bill

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

Bear Lover wrote:
Missed that point, huh?! It won't make any difference who we have on the coaching staff, if we don't have the defense to execute.

Oh, I'll bet that most coaches would give their left ___ to have the personnel that's on our D.

Do you think that all of those Pro-bowlers suddenly "forgot" how to tackle or cover receivers??

It's a combination of lack of motivation and wrong schemes...... Could it be that the players on D haven't "bought into the system" because of the boneheaded schemes??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141 - 159 of159
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mike Brown Discussions

Search the Mike Brown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
All 10 members of NFL ownersa labour committee ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 LOL 1
Crew hired to prevent forest fire in La Canada ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 FIREMAN 1
Free agent Darren Sharper still considering Bears (Mar '09) Mar '10 skins fan 49
LA foothill suburbs dig out after mudslides (Feb '10) Feb '10 go go golphers 1
Evacuees return to LA-area homes swamped with mud (Feb '10) Feb '10 el oh el 1
Could Vick be a fit for the Bears? (Jan '09) Jan '10 NONO Palin 67
Booing won't bother Rex Grossman (Aug '08) Oct '09 Alex 93
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••