Free agent Darren Sharper still considering Bears

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Free-agent safety Darren Sharper visited the Saints on Monday but left New Orleans without signing a contract.
Comments
41 - 49 of 49 Comments Last updated Mar 28, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Paul

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2009

Let's hope he will come, this Bears team needs a lot of attitude. Because of Lovie Smith this team, has no attitide at all over paid underachievers.
WI Bear

Somerset, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2009

Fire Babich, replace him with Mike Brown, then go get SAFETY Roy Williams. Sharper is just a big mouth has-been.
greg from chicago

Redford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2009

"and the Bears have a starter in Kevin Payne."... Huh???? He's not a starting NFL safety. Half of his tackles are on other Bear teamates.
Bill

Elmhurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2009

gypsyfilm1 wrote:
What is chicago waiting for !!! first pick draft !!

One whole week of Angelo's "focusing" on safety,..... and what will we have to show for it??.....

Looks like it's going to be ... Nothing !!

Meanwhile,... How are things going with the IMPORTANT positions,... Jerry ??

Bill

Elmhurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2009

IamSam wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW i thought Angelo was bad.Thank god you dont call the shots for our personnel.Maybe if you start reading more instead of always shooting your mouth off,you might learn something. You Spend too much time trying to convince everyone that you know everything,Ha. Drop the Ego and start listening to others,it can help you. You question everyones responses like you know everything.Sorry to break it to too,but you Dont!! So Listen Up!

Do all of my words greater than one syllable confuse you ???

Well,... my posts aren't directed at snot-nosed little kids such as you.

My posts are directed at grownups.

Nittygritty34

Moscow, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2009

Why is everybody so damn bitter? Most of you just come on here to trash on eachother. Get a life.
David

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

Calling all prognosticators!

Let me speak on this... then you may correct the error of my ways.

First, I see no big free agent signing this offseason. Even getting Safety Sharper, an even older player to replace our old safety --Mike Brown be his name, does not a big free agent signing make.

Second, I do not see Angelo keeping the #18 pick in the first round, rather he will work the draft, and by 'work' i mean, he will hook it down (as my peeps in the know like to say) in order to nab an extra draft pick in the 5th.

Third, i do not see the stabilization of the QB position nor any skilled players for that matter coming by way of the first round. Angelo is a meat and potatoes kind of guy in the first round. I see more O or D-line help coming via the first round. The Has-Benson and the Un-Sexy were exceptions to the rule. Angelo will not make that mistake again and again.

These troubling economic times plus the ultra conservative modus operandi of the Bears will lead to yet another year of stellar mediocrity --just enough drama to miss yet another playoff.

I for one stand up to this cruel injustice and say nay to another year of heartbreak and pining for a team that has sapped my youth since the mid-80's.

What say you --BearFanDom!
Speak and let your voices be heard!
Massbearfan

Attleboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2009

"...the ultra conservative modus operandi of the Bears will lead to yet another year of stellar mediocrity --just enough drama to miss yet another playoff."
I fully agree except for the last point...probably will miss the playoffs by quite a bit...would be owrse if the Lions weren't in the division
skins fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2010

Skins need sharper my man landry got roasted last year. Sharper only had 9 picks more than the skins had as team in the last 2 years

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blake Bortles' Confidence and Poise Prove the J... 2 hr swamptits 5
Jaguars players mentor top HS recruit Kevin Tol... Aug 21 SwampHumpers 1
Jaguars notebook: Coaches, players pleased with... Aug 21 Jax MeOff 1
All 10 members of NFL ownersa labour committee ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 LOL 1
Crew hired to prevent forest fire in La Canada ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 FIREMAN 1
LA foothill suburbs dig out after mudslides (Feb '10) Feb '10 go go golphers 1
Evacuees return to LA-area homes swamped with mud (Feb '10) Feb '10 el oh el 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000