Just can't count out Bears' Brown -- Health, Mike Brown, Qualco...

You want to keep walking. You want to ignore Mike Brown when he tells the reporters gathered around him Sunday for the first time in nine months that he feels great and looks forward to training camp. Full Story
Andrew Milwaukee

Lake In The Hills, IL

#1 Jun 2, 2008
Great story, Mike Brown should be able to be a Bear until he decides to retire. There are very few players who have the loyalty and the love for the game that Mike Brown does
Big-O

Lombard, IL

#2 Jun 2, 2008
Vegas odds are 3-1 that Brown will last less than 9 games for the Bears. Until Brown proves he can play a whole season he is a liability not an asset to the team. If Bears are smart they will always make sure they they have at least 2 others to back up Brown.
theoutlaw

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Jun 2, 2008
And these injuries and another year older won't slow him down and affect his play"?What has he done on the field for us lately?
Bill

Bensenville, IL

#4 Jun 2, 2008

Mike Brown is STILL the best safety that the Bears have,.... even if his skills have diminished slightly.

His bad luck with injuries can't last forever.

I see him being a great asset this year.

But, if things do not pan out, at least the Bears aren't stuck with a contract as large as Benson's or Grossman's.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#5 Jun 2, 2008
Lorenzo Neal horse collared him last year. Not Mike's fault.

Lorenzo should have been fined or suspended and was not but Karma came and bit him in the a$$ later in the year when he broke his fibula.

He is still the best safety the Bears have and is still relatively young (30?). He has at least 3 more years of playing at a high level and brings a huge amount of leadership to the defense.
withuntildec

Tinley Park, IL

#6 Jun 2, 2008
Do not play him until december and the playoffs. why risk him in september?
Bill

Bensenville, IL

#7 Jun 2, 2008
withuntildec wrote:

Because:

"His bad luck with injuries can't last forever."

We cannot act "snakebitten." ... And, he needs the playing time.

bearfaninLA

Northridge, CA

#8 Jun 2, 2008
Persistence is paying off for Kerry Wood and it will for Mike Brown as well. Brown wasn't the only safety who got hurt last year and we don't have to worry about Archuleta anymore.
quills

Lombard, IL

#9 Jun 2, 2008
withuntildec wrote:
Hey dumb-dumb, life doesn't work that way and even in the strange world of pro sports most teams make a player earn their money if they can. I would like to take 3 months off too but my company wouldn't like it. Doubtful if he makes it through the year anyway.
Bigbear

Chino, CA

#10 Jun 2, 2008
Mike Brown is THE safety. Watch any tape of him on the field (except the playoff game against the Panthers, in which Steve Smith made the whole defense look bad) and you will see he is a difference-maker. Go Bears!
Jim R

United States

#11 Jun 2, 2008
I really hope he can avoid injuries this year. Not only because I love watching him play, but just for him personally. It has to be extremely frustrating to work out and prepare all off-season, only to get hurt time after time.

Good luck Mike.
Shagger

United States

#12 Jun 10, 2008
Please God, let Mike Brown STAY HEALTHY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blake Bortles' Confidence and Poise Prove the J... Aug '14 Empty Gatorade Bo... 7
Jaguars players mentor top HS recruit Kevin Tol... Aug '14 SwampHumpers 1
Jaguars notebook: Coaches, players pleased with... Aug '14 Jax MeOff 1
All 10 members of NFL ownersa labour committee ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 LOL 1
Crew hired to prevent forest fire in La Canada ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 FIREMAN 1
Free agent Darren Sharper still considering Bears (Mar '09) Mar '10 skins fan 49
LA foothill suburbs dig out after mudslides (Feb '10) Feb '10 go go golphers 1

Mike Brown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE