It all happened so fast for Bears

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Everybody was still trying to figure out how the Bears won the game when they lost the game.
Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Oct 13, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
shaun

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

I recorded the game against the falcons and I watched it about five times just trying to figure out what went wrong and while I was looking at that hurtfull end I noticed that on the squib kick the clock started about two seconds after douglas touched the ball, I was wondering if anyone else noticed it.
Westmont Mike

Dekalb, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

YEA....the squib kick.....WHY? 11 seconds, kick the ball into the endzone or the 5, it takes at least more time off the clock....sad day of decisions for the HEAD COACH.....he makes really bad calls in cruch time.....a squib kick??????
mike

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Bears are now 0-3 against the NFC South. Can't wait for them to play the Saints. Can you say Superfecta for the South!
scott

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Did you notice how the clock took about 2 seconds to start after Ryan hiked the ball on the 2nd to last play as well? They should have been out of time!!!
The slast Bears fan

South Holland, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

NO, this coaching staff is out of time. A beatiful Sunday wasted once again by watching your beloved Bears. SUCKERS!!! Even if this team made the playoffs what are the chances that they would be out coached? Just look away people, we now have many other things to worry about in this crap city.
High Knees

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

And we had such high hopes for the Bears this season. This squib kick will be cherished as a Beardumb classic.
Can you hang it on Mike

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

I just can't hang the last catch on Mike Brown. I can't do it. I think if the Corner, whomever it was, had made sure the receiver was in front of him and protected the sidelines, the pass wouldn't have been thrown. It would have bought Mike Brown a couple seconds to get over and then game. But instead the corner bit on the ten yard pass in front of him allowing the receiver to get behind him and Ryan to throw the strike. Not a whole lot Mike Brown could have done but what he did. As Dan Hampton said "Yeah you took away the run, but your secondary made Matt Ryan look like Johnny Unitas out there."
UGH! This game was lost by little things early on anyway. If you play D and you land on a fumble, every high school player knows, STAY DOWN until the whistle blows! And if our get off the bus running team can't gain a yard in two plays on the Goal Line, then it will be a long season!
1bearsfan

Opal, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

I also felt that the clock was an issue.Atlanta got alot of time out of the kick off & their last pass play.More than 11 seconds should have allowed.I dont understand why the clock was not looked at closer by the officials,especially being in Atlanta in such a tight game.The little things like that do matter in Football.
Atl Joe

Sparks, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

You guy's made a nice drive-but too much disrespect in our house. Too many people celebrating early, then you guy's kick a squib? How stupid, junior league football. With 11 ticks you kick it deep-dummy. So with the celebrating too early, and with the stupid call on the kick-you deserve to lose-we should have won anyway, we had to take our game back. C YA Chi Town....pull for us in the playoff's while you sit...
Joe

Mount Laurel, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Atl Joe wrote:
You guy's made a nice drive-but too much disrespect in our house. Too many people celebrating early, then you guy's kick a squib? How stupid, junior league football. With 11 ticks you kick it deep-dummy. So with the celebrating too early, and with the stupid call on the kick-you deserve to lose-we should have won anyway, we had to take our game back. C YA Chi Town....pull for us in the playoff's while you sit...
Atlanta lost to tampa and carolina pretty convincingly and there's also the NFC East, but good luck with that
mrk

Urbana, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

I'd like to make a suggestion: Jason McKie never touches, or is expected to touch, an in-play football ever again. I respect his ability to make holes at the line of scrimmage, but he himself can never seem to carry a ball past it. Giving it to McKie on 3rd down effectively threw away one of two shots at the endzone. Could we try a QB sneak? Direct snap to Forte? Also, this wasn't from this week, but don't try passing to McKie. Perhaps we ought to consider incorporating McKie into special teams... I haven't seen a legitimate hole for Hester since we absurdly got rid of Brenden Ayanbedejo.

Defensively, this team cannot afford to continue refusing to make adjustments and instead stick to the cover-2 or "Chicago-2" or whatever lovie insists on calling it. Can we get some variety, as opposed to giving offensive coordinators the ability to figure out and exploit our secondary? How about, off the top of my head, a corner blitz? Has there been one all season? Hamilton deserves some blame for the final play before the FG - protect the sidelines, force a catch in the middle of the field, and there's no way they have enough time.

Tommie Harris - are you really going to make a contribution to our field position by getting up and running? Protect the football!
1bearsfan

Opal, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Atlanta lost to tampa and carolina pretty convincingly and there's also the NFC East, but good luck with that
I wouldnt talk too much smack.You guys got real lucky on this one.You just barely caught us on a bad day! I wouldnt get too excited about the playoffs,as your Falcons wont be there.The Bears on the other hand will be there! Take Care Fellow Bear Fans! BEAR DOWN!! GO BEARS!!
1bearsfan

Opal, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

I am sorry but my last comment to Joe on #10.Was actually meant for the comment #9 AtlJoe. GO BEARS!!
Bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

shaun wrote:
I recorded the game against the falcons and I watched it about five times just trying to figure out what went wrong and while I was looking at that hurtfull end I noticed that on the squib kick the clock started about two seconds after douglas touched the ball, I was wondering if anyone else noticed it.
scott wrote:
Did you notice how the clock took about 2 seconds to start after Ryan hiked the ball on the 2nd to last play as well? They should have been out of time!!!
1bearsfan wrote:
I also felt that the clock was an issue.Atlanta got alot of time out of the kick off & their last pass play.More than 11 seconds should have allowed.I dont understand why the clock was not looked at closer by the officials,especially being in Atlanta in such a tight game.The little things like that do matter in Football.

Come on, Guys.

SHOULDAs, COULDAs, and MIGHTAs are for losers !

The bottom line .......... DIDN'TA !!

Philo

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Come on, Guys.
SHOULDAs, COULDAs, and MIGHTAs are for losers !
The bottom line .......... DIDN'TA !!
Exactly

“Life Begins at 220mph..!!!”

Since: Apr 08

Crawfordsville, Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Fellow Bearfans,
It is time to scream for a new Def, coach.
Or maybe even a new defence. We should be 6-0
but we are not because our killer D,THE MUPPETS OF THE MIDWAY,cant stop a chicken from crossing the road.
This is SICKENING!!!!
Better take all that big $$ spent on our so called Defence,and give it to the MEN on offence
Face it. Our days of dominating defence are over.
mespin8

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

falcons suck anyways. they won't get anywhere.
Go Bears
Tom

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

1bearsfan wrote:
Unfortunately this is called home field advantage. I would expect the same from the Soldier Field timekeeper in a similar situation.

Bottom line is special teams and the defense gave the game away.
Bear Lover

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

This was heartbreaking, but sadly, all Bears fans were seeing this last year and now, we're seeing this again this year. The defense has no fire, no intensity and our secondary is bad. It sickens me that Urlacher demands such a pay raise, when I have yet to see any fire, intensity or even LEADERSHIP from him. Let's face it, Bears fans, he's more interested in strip clubs than actually playing.

“Life Begins at 220mph..!!!”

Since: Apr 08

Crawfordsville, Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Bear Lover wrote:
This was heartbreaking, but sadly, all Bears fans were seeing this last year and now, we're seeing this again this year. The defense has no fire, no intensity and our secondary is bad. It sickens me that Urlacher demands such a pay raise, when I have yet to see any fire, intensity or even LEADERSHIP from him. Let's face it, Bears fans, he's more interested in strip clubs than actually playing.
Gawd Damnit!!!
I am A BEARSFAN, i hate to say i agree,but i have too.
I AGREE. AND IT BLOODY HURTS TO SAY THAT.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mike Brown Discussions

Search the Mike Brown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
All 10 members of NFL ownersa labour committee ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 LOL 1
Crew hired to prevent forest fire in La Canada ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 FIREMAN 1
Free agent Darren Sharper still considering Bears (Mar '09) Mar '10 skins fan 49
LA foothill suburbs dig out after mudslides (Feb '10) Feb '10 go go golphers 1
Evacuees return to LA-area homes swamped with mud (Feb '10) Feb '10 el oh el 1
Could Vick be a fit for the Bears? (Jan '09) Jan '10 NONO Palin 67
Booing won't bother Rex Grossman (Aug '08) Oct '09 Alex 93
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••