Bears' safety depth takes another hit

Bears' safety depth takes another hit

There are 48 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Aug 11, 2008, titled Bears' safety depth takes another hit. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The sight of Brandon McGowan sprawled on the ground with a sore ankle Monday no doubt caused the Bears to ponder their depth at the safety position, even if coach Lovie Smith declined to acknowledge it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
bear warrior

Howell, MI

#48 Aug 12, 2008
Do you have to be his mom to acknowledge that is a hard worker?
Maunakea Rick

Atlanta, GA

#49 Aug 13, 2008
If we obtained Simms, his blind side would be protected by Tait, playing in his natural position. The this just make too much sense or is it me?
adofo phillips lives

United States

#50 Aug 14, 2008
2008 Bears:

2-14

See ya--Jerry-Lovie-Ron+Bob

Life long Bears fan--

Bears resemble Wirtz-era Hawks--

joke of an offense-disgrace to all Bears fans--wr-qb-line+rbs=D-/F

Oh-and that Chris Williams--great pick!!-right there with Benson + the #2 + 3s from last year....
Blago

Washington, DC

#51 Aug 14, 2008
adofo phillips lives wrote:
2008 Bears:
2-14
See ya--Jerry-Lovie-Ron+Bob
Life long Bears fan--
Bears resemble Wirtz-era Hawks--
joke of an offense-disgrace to all Bears fans--wr-qb-line+rbs=D-/F
Oh-and that Chris Williams--great pick!!-right there with Benson + the #2 + 3s from last year....
could not agree more. absolute disgrace. and this team was in the superbowl 2 years ago! apparently you're not a fan if you acknowledge the obviuos and are willing to question the terrible product i'm paying $250 a game for...
Damani

Schaumburg, IL

#52 Aug 14, 2008
Blago wrote:
<quoted text>
Does "True Blue" mean retarded? How can you not be angry with the slop the Bears are fielding this year?
What slop are the Bears fielding? They have played one preseason game this year. If I am not mistaken wasn't the Bears preseason ranking in 2006 like 28 or something. The Bears went 7 - 9 last year even though they had a slew of injuries to key players and started 3 QBs. These comments on these blogs sounds like the Bears were the 1 - 15 Miami Dolphins!!! Go BEARS!!!!!
Blago

Washington, DC

#53 Aug 14, 2008
Damani wrote:
<quoted text>
What slop are the Bears fielding? They have played one preseason game this year. If I am not mistaken wasn't the Bears preseason ranking in 2006 like 28 or something. The Bears went 7 - 9 last year even though they had a slew of injuries to key players and started 3 QBs. These comments on these blogs sounds like the Bears were the 1 - 15 Miami Dolphins!!! Go BEARS!!!!!
and what has changed this year? other than the departure of a few more players (none the least of which some starting skill players), still a carousel at QB, lost players on both lines and a failed draft. what is there to be excited about other than the kicking and return game?
Scott Holl

Kissimmee, FL

#54 Aug 14, 2008
Read your extra points and believe we Bear fans look at the glass half empty instead of half full. As Mr. Iverson says "Practice, it's practice". I for one am extremely excited about the quarterback play and look at Orton as a control quarterback and Grossman as the gunslinger. In any event, I am excited about both and would not want to make the decision on who starts, however I truly believe we have a great shot at being a very successful team this season.
Damani

Schaumburg, IL

#55 Aug 15, 2008
Blago wrote:
<quoted text>
and what has changed this year? other than the departure of a few more players (none the least of which some starting skill players), still a carousel at QB, lost players on both lines and a failed draft. what is there to be excited about other than the kicking and return game?
So because the first round pick is injured you consider it a failed draft. Way too early to say that. I think the Bears had over 10 picks so one player out does not kill the draft. We lose Berrian and Muhammed(players that had the Bears in the top ten of dropped passes), QB carousel going on in preseason not regular season(the winner will be the starter for the year unless injured), losing linemen on both sides of the ball that were ranked last in every category(Fred Miller, Rueben Brown, Darwin Walker). A healthy defense alone will lead to a better season and a offense that was ranked 30th still posted 7 wins a year ago. Kill me for being optimistic!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Now Grossman knows what not to do (Jan '06) Feb '17 RexPhartings 2
News Bear Vs. Panther: Who Would Win In Nature? (Jan '06) Jun '15 Fart news 22
News Blake Bortles' Confidence and Poise Prove the J... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Empty Gatorade Bo... 7
News Jaguars players mentor top HS recruit Kevin Tol... (Aug '14) Aug '14 SwampHumpers 1
News Jaguars notebook: Coaches, players pleased with... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Jax MeOff 1
News All 10 members of NFL ownersa labour committee ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 LOL 1
News Crew hired to prevent forest fire in La Canada ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 FIREMAN 1
More from around the web