Bears' safety depth takes another hit

Bears' safety depth takes another hit

There are 48 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Aug 11, 2008, titled Bears' safety depth takes another hit. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The sight of Brandon McGowan sprawled on the ground with a sore ankle Monday no doubt caused the Bears to ponder their depth at the safety position, even if coach Lovie Smith declined to acknowledge it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bigbear

Costa Mesa, CA

#1 Aug 12, 2008
I continue to wonder... why the hell the Bears got rid of Chris Harris? The more I thing about the more I bang my head against the wall.
gline

Ida Grove, IA

#2 Aug 12, 2008
Did anyone eles notice that almost all of our draft picks this year have a history of injuries from their college days? What the heck were they thinking? We need backups that are healthy to replace injured palyers. Not almost healed up rookies!
1bearsfan

United States

#3 Aug 12, 2008
Lets go Bear's!!! Good luck in 2008! I believe Grossman will start for us & have a big year for us.Matt Forte will also have a good season for us as well.The Defense will be back this year as well! I am excited to watch my Bears play,as i have for the last 37 years.The off season seems so long! I wish i could have Bear football all year.I am disappointed with all the trash talk & gloom & doom towards our own Bears!!! Where is the Support,Thats what a Fan Does! You keep your anger & trash in House.You dont publicly trash your own team.Things go wrong,or not how you like them & you give up on them?? call them losers & trash them publicly! Some of you are a fan one month,and not a fan the next month if things dont always go right.Many of you have no idea what being a true fan is all about.Its like your family.You stick up for each other.Win or lose you still are there for them,no matter what!! Football is a sport,teams go up & down every year.Teams go through rebuilding areas at times.It doesnt always work.No Team stays on top forever! Injuries happen,like what killed us last year! I would never trash talk or stab my players in the back!! I would never publicly(internet) talk them down,I stick up for them,because they are my team(family)thats a true fan.Through the ups & downs I will still be there,I made that commitment when i became a Fan 37 years ago! I am not always happy with things or losing.But i keep my anger in house.I dont vent it publicly to other people & fans of other teams! To me,that is just pathetic to kick someone when they are down.Especially someone on your Own Team!! Take Care everyone. GOD BLESS!! GO BEARS!! YOUR TRUE FANS WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT YOU!!
Go_Bears

Madison, AL

#4 Aug 12, 2008
Go Bears!
Blago

Washington, DC

#5 Aug 12, 2008
Bears will be 3-13 this year; start the season 0-4. they are pathetic. offense is a joke. Qb's blow, no depth at receiver, no proven RB. line just as bad and a year older than last year. don't win many games with your TE! defense is old, secondary is thin and the LB's are over-rated. this will be a disaster season. i love the fools who claim to be 'Real Fans'. do you go to games, do you pay for tickets, do you pay for apparel? don't you think you deserve a decent product for what you are paying? Chicago Bears....worst team in the NFL in '08!
Blago

Washington, DC

#6 Aug 12, 2008
correction, starting 0-5!
Colts L 40-7
Panthers L 28-10
Bucs L 13-6
Eagles L 35-3
Lions L 15-12
Falcons W 6-3
SCS HERO

North Chicago, IL

#7 Aug 12, 2008
Blago my friend you are idiot! You knowledge about football could fit in thimble. The linebackers are overrated are you kidding me?? CAN YOU SAY 2 yes 2 pro-Bowlers?? Vasher, Tillman, I would put our DB up against anybody in the league. You are truly a bitter Packer Fan! I guess since you have no team to root for this year you will just come on OUR board and bash OUR team, such a pathetic waste of human flesh you are. Go back to fudge packer land and kiss your Brett farve poster!
SCS HERO

North Chicago, IL

#8 Aug 12, 2008
oop's sorry he's a JET now, HOW DOES THAT FEEL?
REM

Canton, IL

#9 Aug 12, 2008
Bears to go 10-6 this year; the key game is week 2 at Carolina, can't afford to start out 0-2. Go Bears, rip their eyes out.
SCS HERO

North Chicago, IL

#10 Aug 12, 2008
And to answer you questions,

Yes, Yes, I probably have more BEARS clothes and apparel then you do of your uniform for the short bus to school! I have no complaints about the product on the field, can you say the same about your team, I think not!

You forget the packers??
Blago

Washington, DC

#12 Aug 12, 2008
Robbie Gould is their best skill player!! LOLLLOLLLOL
Blago

Washington, DC

#14 Aug 12, 2008
would anyone like to bid on my PSL's?
SCS HERO

North Chicago, IL

#15 Aug 12, 2008
Again Blogo, your football intelligence in negligible at best. Too big of a word for you?? Let me spell it out for you. You are fare weather fan you are most likely in your mid to late 20's and just off the thumb & nipple. That is ok, we all need to start somewhere.

You ask where the offence will come from? Have you seen enough of Forte to say he wont get it done? The receivers are rookies I will give you that but at the end of the year when 2 of our receivers have over 1000 yards will you come back on his board and eat crow, I doubt it!

You point to Mike Brown could you pick an easier target? WUSSY? I would pay big $$ to see you say that to Lance and to his face. SHELL?? what do you weigh? I bet $100 you couldn't even do 5 chin-ups and 10 sit-ups you pathetic piece of crap! Call yourself a fan and then say 3-13? Try 11-5 Win the conference!
SCS HERO

North Chicago, IL

#16 Aug 12, 2008
Again for you to say the about Robbie Gould just shows what you know about Football. 0 that would be a zero just like your IQ! oh and Blago have a great day!:-)
SCS HERO

North Chicago, IL

#18 Aug 12, 2008
No I have my own, thanks for the offer, oh yea and when you do sell them and we win the super bowl please don't come crying and wont back in. The door will be closed and locked behind you, kinda like what mom & dad did once you left!
SCS HERO

North Chicago, IL

#19 Aug 12, 2008
It seems you have forggettn you fare weather fan. How long ago was it that we were in the "big game"? I bet you were once a old HS or college player that just wasn't good enough, poor pathetic excuse of a man. I am trully sorry that you had no talent! BTW i like bass beer I am 165 and 5' 10". An you?? Let see, 240 5' 4" bald and missing most of your front teeth.
Blago

Washington, DC

#20 Aug 12, 2008
sure ya do. 3-13, enjoy the season. maybe you should direct some of that anger toward the McCaskey's, Pat Ryan, and the dopes up in Halas Hall. Keep drinking the cool-aid!
Ruger

Blythe, CA

#21 Aug 12, 2008
gline wrote:
Did anyone eles notice that almost all of our draft picks this year have a history of injuries from their college days? What the heck were they thinking? We need backups that are healthy to replace injured palyers. Not almost healed up rookies!
Actually....Jerry Angelo can only answer these questions. How about their history of draft busts!!
SCS HERO

North Chicago, IL

#22 Aug 12, 2008
Ok I would say Davis and one of the new young kids will be over 1000. Your point about Forte is?? We will see when the year is done. When he wins rookie of the year and has over 1500 yards, you should be made to kiss his A$$ in the middle of Soilder Field. Oh yes and too your point about Pro-Bowlers! I bet the year your favoriate player made it, it was lagit? you are just so full of holes we will just call you thimbal man. or better yet COOKIE, BOZO is too good for you.
SCS HERO

North Chicago, IL

#23 Aug 12, 2008
Anger I have non becasue I know my team will be good. and you? Mr thimbal man? I thought so. Have your warm glass of milk and go take your nap. I think I hear mommy calling you. It is time for you to come up stairs for your sandwich.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bear Vs. Panther: Who Would Win In Nature? (Jan '06) Jun '15 Fart news 22
News Blake Bortles' Confidence and Poise Prove the J... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Empty Gatorade Bo... 7
News Jaguars players mentor top HS recruit Kevin Tol... (Aug '14) Aug '14 SwampHumpers 1
News Jaguars notebook: Coaches, players pleased with... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Jax MeOff 1
News All 10 members of NFL ownersa labour committee ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 LOL 1
News Crew hired to prevent forest fire in La Canada ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 FIREMAN 1
News Free agent Darren Sharper still considering Bears (Mar '09) Mar '10 skins fan 49
More from around the web