Chicago Bears need to find some defensive backs, quickly

Full story: Chicago Tribune
When the Bears gather for veteran mini-camp March 16, they will do so with two defensive starters on the mend. Full Story
NumberNine

Bradenton, FL

#1 Feb 22, 2009
"I'm a BIG Kyle Orton fan!"

Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, ha,ha,ha,
Vic In NoCal

Dublin, CA

#2 Feb 22, 2009
So why in God's name did they release MIKE BROWN? So they can go after Eugene Wilson or Will Allen?? So that Craig freakin Steltz can be the starter, for goodness sakes?

Given the Bears' current situation, and given that Brown played in 15 of 16 games last year, and that, although not as good as he once was, he was still the best safety on the team, and that he provides invaluable leadership and smarts, there was NO REASON not to bring him back.

The Bears are led by some of the stupidest people in football.
E B F

United States

#3 Feb 22, 2009
Now we know why the Bears staff always deal in mystery and double talk when they adress the media. The more they say, the more ridiculous they sound. I'll be the first one to apologize if Craig Steltz becomes an adequate replacement for even an injury prone Mike Brown. If this team's not careful, they may wind up being 2009's version of the Lions.
Never forget that it's a game of inches. Paying attention to detail is the difference between teams like the Bears the Steelers. Pittsburg has been winning championships consistently since I've been alive because they always have three vital components for success:Quaterbacks like Terry Bradshaw and Ben Rothlisburger, Runningbacks like Franco Harris and Jerome Bettis, and a fast, physical defense, from the Steel Curtain to their current #1 group.
Our Chicago Bears fight hard but usually come up short except for an occasional blast of glory like 63 and 85. 06 was fun, but the mission fell short and we have regressed since.
Monumental luck to the Chicago Bears in the 2009 draft. That seems to be our only hope for a playoff berth.
As for consistent winning and SuperBowl victories? Hey, the offseason is the time to dream.
JDC

Plano, TX

#4 Feb 23, 2009
So we have problems at safety and what do the Bears do? Cut there very best safety, if not their best defensive player in Mike Brown. Keep him as a player and transition him as a defensive coordinator. He will be a great coach.

Cutting Mike Brown makes zero sense, but then this is the Bears.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blake Bortles' Confidence and Poise Prove the J... Aug 28 Empty Gatorade Bo... 7
Jaguars players mentor top HS recruit Kevin Tol... Aug 21 SwampHumpers 1
Jaguars notebook: Coaches, players pleased with... Aug 21 Jax MeOff 1
All 10 members of NFL ownersa labour committee ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 LOL 1
Crew hired to prevent forest fire in La Canada ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 FIREMAN 1
Free agent Darren Sharper still considering Bears (Mar '09) Mar '10 skins fan 49
LA foothill suburbs dig out after mudslides (Feb '10) Feb '10 go go golphers 1
•••
•••

Mike Brown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••