Past time for some tough Lovie

Full story: ChicagoSports.com

Is this how Lovie Smith wants to go out? As friend to the players? As the Great Enabler? Does he want his professional tombstone to read: He got off the bus refusing to throw anybody under the bus? If Smith ...
Comments
121 - 127 of 127 Comments Last updated Aug 27, 2008
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
gline

Orange City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

I was saying this last year. Smith stands on the sidelines like statue. No emotion, and that is what he is getting from his players. He has soft training camps with no coaching. Rmember Dick Jauron? There is no fire on this football team. Monsters of the Midway? How about Lovie's love birds, because any chance of a division titlle let alone an above .500 record, is flying away!!!
gline

Orange City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

That needed to be said twice!
geeman

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

WONDERING...
Give it up!!! IF Lovie Smith has finally seen the writing on the wall about Rexxy, I think it's time you see it as well. Rex has been giving TOO many opportunities to succeed as the starting QB and NOW it's time to move on. No One said Orton was an MVP candidate or Pro-Bowl caliber QB, NO ONE so the inference is ridiculous. Kye is the lesser of the 2-evils PLUS, REX lost the confidence of the players, management and lastly Lovie.This Bear team has more pressing problems than coddling a QB.
geeman

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

Great Column!!!
I've NEVER liked that deer-in-the-headlights/pained expression they always show Lovie with, on the sidelines. The guy STINKS at in-game adjustments. And his garsh-darm, aww-shucks, replies to situations, leads me to believe, he should be coaching high-school football down in Texas somewhere.
I don't know the "Real" reason for Rivera's ouster, but it didn't sit well with me. You don't have to go to Church with a guy to have him on your Staff. That decision spoke volumes for me about Lovie. Couple that with the "Rex is our QB" saga, put me over the top with the guy. Tis organization needs a good ENEMA...
ChicagoKirk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2008

Trust LOST, next coach and GM enter and sign in please.
Marty

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2008

Rick: You hit it right on the head when they let Ron Rivera go the defense has not been the same .I would love to see Ron come back as the head coach.

“Stimulate THIS!”

Since: Aug 08

West Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2008

Marty, great point. How's this for a scenario? Phillips finally wakes up and fires Angelo and Smith. Hires a new GM who immediately hires Rivera. That would be soooooooooo sweet. then Chico hires Leslie Frazier as his DC. Lovie and Jerry, the clock is ticking, your days are numbered!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mike Brown Discussions

Search the Mike Brown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
All 10 members of NFL ownersa labour committee ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 LOL 1
Crew hired to prevent forest fire in La Canada ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 FIREMAN 1
Free agent Darren Sharper still considering Bears (Mar '09) Mar '10 skins fan 49
LA foothill suburbs dig out after mudslides (Feb '10) Feb '10 go go golphers 1
Evacuees return to LA-area homes swamped with mud (Feb '10) Feb '10 el oh el 1
Could Vick be a fit for the Bears? (Jan '09) Jan '10 NONO Palin 67
Booing won't bother Rex Grossman (Aug '08) Oct '09 Alex 93
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••