Oakland Raiders: 5 Reasons Darren McF...

Oakland Raiders: 5 Reasons Darren McFadden Will Be the 2012 NFL MVP

There are 13 comments on the BleacherReport story from Jun 13, 2012, titled Oakland Raiders: 5 Reasons Darren McFadden Will Be the 2012 NFL MVP. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

Tom Brady , Peyton Manning , Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees lead the way - you can probably even throw Matt Stafford into that mix.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

Nj raider 1

United States

#1 Jun 13, 2012
It's obvious to me that alot of people that leave posts & blogs know very little if any about football. This goes directly at the guy that said he was an eagle fan. Mostly all the guys u named are 1 truck ponies.ur confused or just don't know the position. Mccoy is great in space but he can't do wut mcfadden does period. He ain't no HB he's a scat back. He don't ern leads, dive, blasts basically up the middle. He lines up next to vick in the shotgun & runs off draws & misdirection plays. Don't get me wrong he's a nightmare to gamelan against but it's more about the play calling & scheme than his natural ability. U gon believe wut ever u want but it sound like u don't know about dmc. U will after 2 day
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#2 Jun 14, 2012
He'll be on IR in preseason
Book it
Nj raider 1

United States

#3 Jun 14, 2012
Laughing bear fan sounds like a hater 2 me. U need 2 worry bout forte & cutler cuz they both missed significant time lastyear. Not to mention ur lbs are old as dirt. Thats why u reading bout da raaaiders! Nuttin 2 look forward 2 in chicago huh!
oakland

Anonymous Proxy

#4 Jun 14, 2012
what r u crazy

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#5 Jun 14, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
Laughing bear fan sounds like a hater 2 me. U need 2 worry bout forte & cutler cuz they both missed significant time lastyear. Not to mention ur lbs are old as dirt. Thats why u reading bout da raaaiders! Nuttin 2 look forward 2 in chicago huh!
He's a closet Raider fan...He hopes Forte doesn't sign & cutler gets hurt so he can see former Raiders Jason Campbell & Michael Bush in the superbowl against the Raiders
U ND HLP

Morgantown, PA

#6 Jun 14, 2012
How can anyone say at this point who is going to be the 2012 NFL MVP? The only people saying who will be an MVP are homers. Why don't I go on and say Freddie Jackson is going to be the NFL MVP. He was leading the league in all purpose yards before his injury and the Bills fell off the face of the Earth when he got hurt. I'm not saying it because I don't know, or believe that. I love the Bills, but I'm not an idiot.

McFadden has a great chance to be the MVP, provided his quarterback, Palmer, doesn't play like he did last year, with all due credit to Palmer, he had to learn the playbook and gel with his receivers during games, and now Manning is in the division. But McFadden is an awesome back, i believe all around better than the now over hyped Chris Johnson.

Anyway, good luck to the Raiders this year, and McFadden, just save room for our Bills in the playoffs this year.

Some West Texas County

#7 Jun 14, 2012
U ND HLP wrote:
How can anyone say at this point who is going to be the 2012 NFL MVP? The only people saying who will be an MVP are homers. Why don't I go on and say Freddie Jackson is going to be the NFL MVP. He was leading the league in all purpose yards before his injury and the Bills fell off the face of the Earth when he got hurt. I'm not saying it because I don't know, or believe that. I love the Bills, but I'm not an idiot.
McFadden has a great chance to be the MVP, provided his quarterback, Palmer, doesn't play like he did last year, with all due credit to Palmer, he had to learn the playbook and gel with his receivers during games, and now Manning is in the division. But McFadden is an awesome back, i believe all around better than the now over hyped Chris Johnson.
Anyway, good luck to the Raiders this year, and McFadden, just save room for our Bills in the playoffs this year.
If we meet your Bills in the playoffs it will be payback time for those torturous playoff losses in the 90s...But I'll bet the 90s were more torutous for you losing 4 superbowls in a row. I can't imagine how that felt. It was bad enough getting our buts handed to us against Tampa Bay in SB37
U ND HLP

Morgantown, PA

#8 Jun 14, 2012
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
If we meet your Bills in the playoffs it will be payback time for those torturous playoff losses in the 90s...But I'll bet the 90s were more torutous for you losing 4 superbowls in a row. I can't imagine how that felt. It was bad enough getting our buts handed to us against Tampa Bay in SB37
Some friends and I just talked about this the other day. Yeah, it was a little tough, but honestly, those were 4 games, the most important they lost. But from 1988 til '96, minus 1994 when they didn't make the playoffs, the Bills took us fans on a ride that atleast myself I will never forget, and we look back at all the great players we got to watch. All the classic games at the Ralph, between Marino and Kelly, Elway, Montana, etc. If I was told the Bills could win one Super Bowl and only be good that year, I'd rather take 8 years of great football with some of the best players to ever wear a Bills uni, then to have a one and done team.
Nj raider 1

Dallas, TX

#9 Jun 14, 2012
The post was about mcfadden, so lets state the facts. Mcfadden still lead the nfl in rushing 3wks after he got injured. Yea fred jackson took over after dmc was out but everybody was about 150 yards behind him b4 his injury. So as 4 ur comparison of the 2, really they ain't none.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#10 Jun 15, 2012
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
It was bad enough getting our buts handed to us against Tampa Bay in SB37
There wqas something enjoyable about that
Nj raider 1

United States

#11 Jun 15, 2012
Yea but, how many superbowls so we have & how many do the bills have? My bad cuz thats very 1 sided. Thats the true meaning of the truth hurts & since u started watching football you've been in constant pain. Don't jump off the roof yet bro, the future is even worst. Mark my words"the bills will never win a championship".

Some West Texas County

#12 Jun 15, 2012
U ND HLP wrote:
<quoted text>Some friends and I just talked about this the other day. Yeah, it was a little tough, but honestly, those were 4 games, the most important they lost. But from 1988 til '96, minus 1994 when they didn't make the playoffs, the Bills took us fans on a ride that atleast myself I will never forget, and we look back at all the great players we got to watch. All the classic games at the Ralph, between Marino and Kelly, Elway, Montana, etc. If I was told the Bills could win one Super Bowl and only be good that year, I'd rather take 8 years of great football with some of the best players to ever wear a Bills uni, then to have a one and done team.
I'll tell you what, I had the hard time watching that AFC championship one week after Bo Jackson suffered his career ending injury while your Bills whipped us on your way to your first Superbowl. I became a fan after watching the Raiders beat the Redskins in Superbowl XVIII and have been longing to see them back ever since. I really started watching football in 1990 and saw a lot of great players over the years from 1990 -2002...Bo Jackson, Howie Long, Chester McGlockton, Greg Townsend, Steve Wisniewski, Barrett Robbins, Napolean Kaufman, Tim Brown, Greg Biekert, Terry McDaniel, Eddie Anderson, Rocket Ismail, James Jett, Jeff Gossett, Jeff Jaeger, William Thomas, Darrell Russell, Charles Woodson, Eric Allen, Rod Woodson, Bill Romanowski, Eric Barton, Rod Coleman, Lincoln Kennedy...I have great memories of all those guys from that time that are still here are Sebestian Janikowski & Shane Lechler. The biggest difference makers were QBs Jeff Hostetler & Rich Gannon. After losing the AFC championship in 1991, We seemed to start going downhill majorly. Hostetler finally came along in 1993 and he turned our season around with a very memorable win in Buffalo that really turned our season around and got us a surprise playoff birth. However, our second trip to Buffalo that year wasn't so great as it was a playoff loss. Every year after that as long as Hostetler was healthy we were rolling, but when he went down we were out. We finally cut ties with him and tried Jeff George, but Gruden convinced Davis to go after Rich Gannon and I wasn't too thrilled about bringing in Gannon, but he earned my respect as he led us to 3 straight AFC titles in the early 2000s and FINALLY the superbowl in 2002-03 season. Little did I realize how bad we would become after that heartbreaking loss. We had high hopes in draft picks like Tyler Brayton, Robert Gallery, Jake Grove, Fabian Washington, Stanford Routt, Andrew Walter, Kirk Morrison, Thomas Howard, Michael Huff, Jamarcus Russell, Michael Bush, Darren McFadden, Darrius Heyward-Bey plus veterans were brought in like Kerry Collins, Randy Moss, Warren Sapp, and Deangelo Hall. However, the only draft picks that made the Pro Bowl during that time were Nnamdi Asomugha & Zach Miller and the only vets brought in that made the Pro Bowl were Derrick Burgess & Richard Seymour. 2010 rolled around and things changed. Darren McFadden had a breakout season but was left out of the Pro Bowl and in 2011 he led the NFL in rushing up until his injury and even 3 weeks afterwards. My facebook status in 2011 was often Darren "MVP" McFadden. A healthy Darren McFadden is without question the MVP, but the MVP has to stay healthy to be the MVP.
H Commet its me

Midlothian, TX

#13 Jun 18, 2012
Nj raider 1 wrote:
The post was about mcfadden, so lets state the facts. Mcfadden still lead the nfl in rushing 3wks after he got injured. Yea fred jackson took over after dmc was out but everybody was about 150 yards behind him b4 his injury. So as 4 ur comparison of the 2, really they ain't none.
I bet a lot of people including other Raider fans have forgotten about that. So you're apparently a Raider fan from New Jersey living in Dallas...More proof that Raider Nation is all over the place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Brisiel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiders rebuilt offensive line given "Wild card... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Raiders' McKenzie: Must draft for future, not t... (May '14) May '14 Reggie McWTF 8
News Oakland Raiders re-sign lineman Khalif Barnes (Feb '14) Mar '14 SIlver Fan 9
News What position the Raiders position is in: Guard... (Jan '14) Jan '14 raider4life 4
News Allen doesn't see any quit in his players (Nov '13) Nov '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 1
News Rashad Jennings tightens grip on Raiders starti... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Haleys Commet 6
News Oakland Raiders down to third-string center (Oct '13) Oct '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 6
More from around the web