Ravens release M. Anderson

Ravens release M. Anderson

There are 18 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Feb 27, 2008, titled Ravens release M. Anderson. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Anderson spent two years in Baltimore , rushing for 245 yards and a touchdown. The Ravens signed him to a four-year deal in March of 2006.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Christine

White House, TN

#1 Feb 27, 2008
I like Mike Anderson but I knew we needed to start doing this. More players have to go as well. I'm surprised that we haven't heard more names before now.
Raving Mad

Rochester, MI

#2 Feb 27, 2008
The Panthers released David Carr.
Question: Can Cam Cameron ( Try saying that 3x) revive Carr's career or is he damaged goods? I believe he can be had on the cheap. Is he better than Boller?
Josh

Alexandria, VA

#3 Feb 27, 2008
Well just like Boller, Carr played crappy on offenses, so really I don't know if we should get him because we don't know yet if the offense will be succesful under Cameron.

Since: Apr 07

Parkville

#4 Feb 27, 2008
That was long overdue. Anderson never had a chance with Jamal and them MacGahee in front of him. With Musa Smith being the 3rd down back , he never had a chance there either. I wonder who is next to go?
kevin

West Henrietta, NY

#5 Feb 27, 2008
ok we got rid of one piece of dead wood now how about 14 more of those pieces cut also?
Martyb52

Parkville, MD

#6 Feb 27, 2008
It didn't make much sense to bring Anderson in for more $ than Talyor and let Taylor go. Then the next year bring in McGahee for a ton of $. I'd like to see Musa stay. We must keep in mind that Cory Ross played well at the end of the season.
B A S H

Toronto, Canada

#7 Feb 27, 2008
Best wishes to a player who had one of the most interesting bios in the NFL. Anderson, an NFL Rookie of the Year, never participated in high school sports, he was a Marine and got his break playing on the USMC football team.

The NFL needs more players with the mentality, work ethic and perserverence of Mike Anderson.

Thanks for your time as a Raven.
Al Davis

Eureka, CA

#8 Feb 27, 2008
Anderson is an old fogie and needed to be released. Christ , how long can people hang out in the NFL.

sincerely,
Al Davis
Oakland Raiders Owner

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#9 Feb 27, 2008
I wish only the best for Mike Anderson. I think it had to suck for him here, but he never complained. I wish we had more players on the Ravens like Mike Anderson.
Marcus

Henniker, NH

#10 Feb 27, 2008
Well I guess this was no big loss since the Ravens hardly used him, I think they should have used him more but whatever. I wouldn't mind if the Ravens picked up a RB in the later rounds, like the 4th round, to play behind McGahee. I believe Smith is a free agent that won't return and Ross didn't do too bad at the end of the season but if McGahee was out a few games I just wouldn't rely on him.
HeWhoCannotBeNam ed

Berlin, Germany

#11 Feb 27, 2008
Mike Anderson was contracted when Jamal's health status was officially up in the air and here we were bringing in the man who beat out Jamal for rookie of the year. Anderson was an insurance we needed back then and 'even' after not becoming the starter I cant think of a better option available back then. From a pure, cold financial standpoint, he has been one of the first that came to my mind when thinking cap related release over the last 2 seasons. I know he wasnt used much at all, but definitely appreciated, for what that's worth.
HeWhoCannotBeNam ed

Berlin, Germany

#12 Feb 27, 2008
Raving Mad wrote:
The Panthers released David Carr.
Question: Can Cam Cameron ( Try saying that 3x) revive Carr's career or is he damaged goods? I believe he can be had on the cheap. Is he better than Boller?
There's options. Like Boller being more familiar with the wideouts and the taste of the M&T turf.
Richard

United States

#13 Feb 27, 2008
I Kept asking myself 'why Aanderson wasn 't used more" ????????
Typical

United States

#14 Feb 27, 2008
Once again the Ravens get rid of a class act; a player who never once whined or complained about playing time, the coaching staff, play calling, referees; always did his job when called upon; willing to do whatever to help the team, never got in any trouble with the Law, and a class person off the field as well as on(see trent dilfer, adalius thomas). Meanwhile Ray Lewis is still on the team. Go figure.
Facts

United States

#15 Feb 27, 2008
kevin wrote:
ok we got rid of one piece of dead wood now how about 14 more of those pieces cut also?
Start with the biggest trunk of deadwood: Ray Cry Baby Lewis. When he's gone watch how much better the Ravens play as a TEAM.

Baltimore, MD

#16 Feb 27, 2008
Typical wrote:
Once again the Ravens get rid of a class act; a player who never once whined or complained about playing time, the coaching staff, play calling, referees; always did his job when called upon; willing to do whatever to help the team, never got in any trouble with the Law, and a class person off the field as well as on(see trent dilfer, adalius thomas). Meanwhile Ray Lewis is still on the team. Go figure.
Mike Anderson was a man amongst boys. And that includes the coaching staff and the FO.

Baltimore, MD

#17 Feb 27, 2008
Richard wrote:
I Kept asking myself 'why Aanderson wasn 't used more" ????????
Because Brian Billick was clueless as to how to use a two-back system. It goes back to 2000 when we had Priest Homlmes, continued through Chester Taylor, and culminated with Mike Anderson.
Rufus

Frederick, MD

#18 Feb 27, 2008
Move is understood. Getting rid of Ray? too late. May as well keep him to teach the two 2nd year guys. He is a great teacher. Foucs here gents - they need cornerbacks, DE, OT, QB, and a special teams maniac (like AD was). Can't get rid of too much before we know what we can get. Relax...let this new coach's energy spread throughout the locker room....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Anderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News J. Lewis would rework contract (Feb '07) Oct '08 from a coma 4
News Back thinking big (Jun '08) Jul '08 Jopa-n 19
News Rice, Ross, Daniels vie for backup job (May '08) May '08 GHT 85
News Team moves to retain Brown (Feb '08) Feb '08 BRIANA 17
News Ravens release M. Anderson (Feb '08) Feb '08 Vic 1
News McGahee out, Smith 'likely' to start in finale (Dec '07) Jan '08 ray lewis 52 90
News Start to finish, lost fumbles doom Ravens (Dec '07) Jan '08 ray lewis 52 31
More from around the web