Back thinking big

Back thinking big

There are 19 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Jun 19, 2008, titled Back thinking big. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Ray Rice has some of the same expectations going into his rookie year with the Ravens that he had going into his freshman year at Rutgers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Billick

Middle River, MD

#1 Jun 19, 2008
I would have picked him also , I was stuck with guys like Moe Williams and Jason Brookins and Terry Allen , it's a good thing I had Travis Taylor to count on..........Individually and collectively I won a super Bowl ring , all by myself..........
roadglide

Windermere, FL

#2 Jun 19, 2008
man im waiting pat. for foot ball to start no more billick.hopefuly with some new rookies and the vets.this is hopefuly be like the o,s.fooling every one and a great season
jim

Washington, DC

#3 Jun 19, 2008
ray rice is going to be a very good player for the ravens.
Wil

Jacksonville, FL

#4 Jun 19, 2008
We should all be excited about the new beginning. It takes talent and for many reasons, we had little talent on the o line and infact the whole offense was not much to speak of. But the o line is on it's way and players like Ray Rice will make a huge difference.
Jon

Tempe, AZ

#5 Jun 19, 2008
When Walter Payton was drafted out of Jackson State, a lot of teams passed him over because of his height. Oh, if Ray-Ray would be even a fraction of the player Sweetness became.
GHT

Portland, OR

#6 Jun 19, 2008
Didn't Cam Cam work with a smallish RB in San Diego? LT?
martin ewah

Waldorf, MD

#7 Jun 19, 2008
I watched him in college at Rutgers and he is the real deal. Very much looking forward to his contributions this year....

“GO RAVENS!”

Since: Nov 07

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Jun 19, 2008
Ray Rice is gonna be a great football player for the Ravens. Can't wait for this season!
itssteeven

Goleta, CA

#9 Jun 19, 2008
kind of a Greg Pruitt guy size wise......somebody order some tear-away throwback jerseys for this guy......lets go Mr Rice........we will give you that extra push you will need from the stands.......
jeffro

Morrisville, NC

#10 Jun 19, 2008
talk is cheap lets play football..johnny u
Ravens_Flock

United States

#11 Jun 19, 2008
Ray Rice will be a good player I think. Seems like he might be another Chester Taylor. Hopefully we don't let this one go, like we did with Taylor.

But Willis McGahee is gonna be amazing next season. If Cam is serious about utilizing Willis the same way he did LT, then there's gonna be some real fireworks on the field in 2008. I think Willis has every bit of talent to have a 1500+, double digit TD type of season. I can see guys like Rice and Ross contributing, but make no mistake, Willis is the man. Period.

And there's only one Ray-Ray on this team, and he's a future Hall of Famer.
FLIZZA

East Elmhurst, NY

#12 Jun 30, 2008
MY BOY "BRUCE" IS GONNA PUT THAT WORK IN..
GHT

Portland, OR

#13 Jul 1, 2008
Ravens_Flock wrote:
Ray Rice will be a good player I think. Seems like he might be another Chester Taylor. Hopefully we don't let this one go, like we did with Taylor.
But Willis McGahee is gonna be amazing next season. If Cam is serious about utilizing Willis the same way he did LT, then there's gonna be some real fireworks on the field in 2008. I think Willis has every bit of talent to have a 1500+, double digit TD type of season. I can see guys like Rice and Ross contributing, but make no mistake, Willis is the man. Period.
And there's only one Ray-Ray on this team, and he's a future Hall of Famer.
let's hope he has the stamina to go along with that talent.

Since: Feb 08

United States

#14 Jul 1, 2008
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>let's hope he has the stamina to go along with that talent.
If Boller is the final decision, I run Willis til his legs come off.
Ravens_Flock

United States

#15 Jul 1, 2008
lol..........

y'all are gonna be real surprised when Boller starts the season, and finally hits his stride.

United States

#16 Jul 2, 2008
Ravens_Flock wrote:
lol..........
y'all are gonna be real surprised when Boller starts the season, and finally hits his stride.
It's not the stride everybodys waiting to see. It's the growth of a set of brass ones when the team needs him to make it happen.
Ravens_Flock

Chico, CA

#17 Jul 2, 2008
I wouldn't be questioning someone's set of "brass ones", when they have taken more brutal hits, and yet kept getting up and kept on playing, than most QBs in the league. I wouldn't be questioning someone's "brass ones", when they have, from day one of being drafted, dealt with the doubting and criticism and s**t talking in the media, from other teams, and by his own fans, and still dealt with it like a man, never once reducing himself to that same level of behavior.

I wouldn't be questioning someone's "brass ones", when they avoid a hard sack from Adalius Thomas, then another LB, and then roll out to make a beautiful downfield pass, in one of the most exciting Monday Night Football games in history. No, Boller has not had a very good career, and there are a LOT of reasons for that. But if he does happen to win the starting job, the one thing he DOESN'T need, is "fans" like you, questioning his manhood, when he has done nothing but give and give and give to this organization, never once complaining or pointing the blame elsewhere, and never once asking for really anything in return.

Boller very well may have his faults, but missing a pair of "brass ones" is NOT one of them. Period.

Perry Point, MD

#18 Jul 2, 2008
Ravens_Flock wrote:
I wouldn't be questioning someone's set of "brass ones", when they have taken more brutal hits, and yet kept getting up and kept on playing, than most QBs in the league. I wouldn't be questioning someone's "brass ones", when they have, from day one of being drafted, dealt with the doubting and criticism and s**t talking in the media, from other teams, and by his own fans, and still dealt with it like a man, never once reducing himself to that same level of behavior.
I wouldn't be questioning someone's "brass ones", when they avoid a hard sack from Adalius Thomas, then another LB, and then roll out to make a beautiful downfield pass, in one of the most exciting Monday Night Football games in history. No, Boller has not had a very good career, and there are a LOT of reasons for that. But if he does happen to win the starting job, the one thing he DOESN'T need, is "fans" like you, questioning his manhood, when he has done nothing but give and give and give to this organization, never once complaining or pointing the blame elsewhere, and never once asking for really anything in return.
Boller very well may have his faults, but missing a pair of "brass ones" is NOT one of them. Period.
First of all, comparing the average person to a football player, and implying that they are all above other because of what they do, is very short sighted. All football players are exposed to the same working environment, all get paid ungodly well for it, yet all do not perform the same. That, in and of itself, speaks volumes as to the fact that different players respond differently in similar situations.
The desire to win, the desire to prepare to the utmost, and the desire to not get hurt is different in every player to some extent. Everything that is present in the average person is present in a football player.
The QB especially, has to be a true warrior and a leader above most others because of what is asked them. If you choose not to recognize the difference between player to player, and simply say they are all equal because of the game they play, that's your perogative. I, for one, will not. When I see a QB pull his team up from the pits of losing, and lead them to victory, I will not recognize those that can't in the same way. Harsh, yes. But for a player to be able to make the money they make, I refuse to feel sorry for a millionare.

Perry Point, MD

#19 Jul 2, 2008
sorry about the double post, it got locked up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Anderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News J. Lewis would rework contract (Feb '07) Oct '08 from a coma 4
News Rice, Ross, Daniels vie for backup job (May '08) May '08 GHT 85
News Team moves to retain Brown (Feb '08) Feb '08 BRIANA 17
News Ravens release M. Anderson (Feb '08) Feb '08 Vic 1
News Ravens release M. Anderson (Feb '08) Feb '08 Rufus 18
News McGahee out, Smith 'likely' to start in finale (Dec '07) Jan '08 ray lewis 52 90
News Start to finish, lost fumbles doom Ravens (Dec '07) Jan '08 ray lewis 52 31
More from around the web