browns drop ball

browns drop ball

There are 38 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Dec 24, 2007, titled browns drop ball. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

BEREA: Well, as Stanley once said to Oliver, this is another fine mess you've gotten us into, Ollie.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Capt Obvious

Cleveland, OH

#1 Dec 25, 2007
And I see the interns are writing the headlines again for the ABJ.

What kind of "breaking" headline should we expect tomorrow?

"People Flock To Malls For Returns and Exchanges"???? C'mon. Sports stories 2 days after the game is a waste.
Realist

Canton, OH

#2 Dec 25, 2007
That may be true, but it's sure sweet to read AGAIN about the pathetic clowns loss.

And, the even more pathetic loser fans.

FACE IT, cleveland will never have a team that wins
it's final championship game.(The sweep, The choke; and so it goes.)

Browns Noser

Wooster, OH

#3 Dec 25, 2007
A day's hiatus from the trash-talking posters? A Chistmas relief from the negativity? A day, perhaps, to remember that no one at season's beginning looked at the Browns as a 9-win playoff contender and to appreciate the team's improvement?
It was an entertaining season with great promise. That's a great gift to Browns fans and apparently something the incessant nay-sayers such as above just can't handle.
Steve D

Avon Lake, OH

#4 Dec 25, 2007
Titans will probably beat the Colts on Sunday.
Scott

United States

#5 Dec 25, 2007
Browns Noser wrote:
A day's hiatus from the trash-talking posters? A Chistmas relief from the negativity? A day, perhaps, to remember that no one at season's beginning looked at the Browns as a 9-win playoff contender and to appreciate the team's improvement?
It was an entertaining season with great promise. That's a great gift to Browns fans and apparently something the incessant nay-sayers such as above just can't handle.
I agree. Let's see how much of a lid can be kept on the negativity and remember that this is Christmas. I gave them at best 4 wins this year. Exciting, frustrating, nervending and so on. Just what I expected.

To everyone, Merry Christmas!
Bystander

Canton, OH

#6 Dec 25, 2007
Realist wrote:
That may be true, but it's sure sweet to read AGAIN about the pathetic clowns loss.
Merry Christmas.
It's too bad that you can't just enjoy your own team, but have to talk about another team's despair.
Merry Christmas Brown's fans. A season that was predicted to be another 4 win debacle turned out to be entertaining week in and week out. Playoffs or not, this was far better than anyone could have predicted.
Paul

Cleveland, OH

#7 Dec 25, 2007
Realist wrote:
Let's see how the big bad Steelers do in the playoffs---They wont even make it past the first game---So, enjoy the playoff ride for one game--They're lucky the refs "fixed" the Super Bowl so Bettis could go out a winner because Worthlessburger and the Stinkers wont see the Super Bowl except on TV in the next decade!

So take that you front runnin Steeler fans who like the Indians, but not the Pirates!
Matt

Warren, OH

#8 Dec 25, 2007
Same old stuff different day for us Browns fans...DA lost the game for us...he's had a good season but in games that matter he plays like Tim Couch...Go Indy!
EGO Technology

Lorain, OH

#9 Dec 25, 2007
Ollie said it to Stan.
OMG

Canton, OH

#10 Dec 25, 2007
Merry Christmas to the Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers & all their fans.

May the Browns get the late present they want from the Colts next Sunday.
Carol

AOL

#11 Dec 25, 2007
As I said at the beginning of the season, A NEW COACH. There was NO excuse for losing. We have some of the best players in the league. Anderson needs to leave. WHY did not Quinn get a chance at the end of the game? Four intercepts should have put Anderson on the bench. He is second rate, I am sure a nice guy but second rate.
mdb

San Jose, CA

#12 Dec 25, 2007
you guys are looney. first, no one and i mean no one expected the browns to be in the playoffs this year. second, DA is a second year quarterback. we still don't know how he'll perform after he gets some meaningful games under his belt. third, the browns defense is still woefully weak. even if we make the playoffs, i can't see us going very far. its been a great season...very fun. the first time in years that i made a point of watching the games.
Ramon

Mansfield, OH

#13 Dec 25, 2007
mdb wrote:
you guys are looney. first, no one and i mean no one expected the browns to be in the playoffs this year. second, DA is a second year quarterback. we still don't know how he'll perform after he gets some meaningful games under his belt. third, the browns defense is still woefully weak. even if we make the playoffs, i can't see us going very far. its been a great season...very fun. the first time in years that i made a point of watching the games.
Very well said
Ernest Byner

Newport, KY

#14 Dec 25, 2007
I hope and pray the Browns don't make it to the playoffs so that the front office will be realistic about Anderson (once and always a journeyman QB who is prone to picks in big games...let's not forget his 2nd half performance against Pittsburgh this year) and let Brady Quinn have a chance with this offense. Also, perhaps Crennel will get fired which is going to happen sooner or later. This team is going nowhere in the playoffs so let's get it over with now and on to next year.

Regarding the Steelers, they also are going nowhere. They are the most overrated team in the NFL and especially without Willie Parker will not get out of the first round. So Steeler fans can brag on this list all they want (why are they on this list?) but deep down they know the truth just as Mike Tomlin said. This team is not playing very good football.
Nunya

Cleveland, OH

#15 Dec 25, 2007
It was as though DA was paid to throw the game away...
Let's face it, there's more money to be made over the long term by a team that plays in the "cardiac kids" style of play than to have all the excitement end with a Super Bowl win.
Realist

Canton, OH

#16 Dec 25, 2007
Bystander wrote:
<quoted text>
Merry Christmas.
It's too bad that you can't just enjoy your own team, but have to talk about another team's despair.
Merry Christmas Brown's fans. A season that was predicted to be another 4 win debacle turned out to be entertaining week in and week out. Playoffs or not, this was far better than anyone could have predicted.
I don't believe that I told any of you lame clowns fans that I support the Steelers. Fact is, I'm not a sports fan at all. Just pissed that cleveland spent all that money (over 1/2 BILLION) on teams that won't (can't) win any final championship.

And face the FACTS, despite being told that new stadiums would revitalize cleveland, explain why it's one of the POOREST cities in the country.
(That excludes Fat Cat owners & players)

Their laughing at you losers all the way to the bank.
Browns Noser

Wooster, OH

#17 Dec 25, 2007
OMG wrote:
Merry Christmas to the Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers & all their fans.
May the Browns get the late present they want from the Colts next Sunday.
Thank you.
My neighbor is a Steelers fan--came by it honestly, moving to NE OH from Norther W VA. We are able to have good discussions about the play and fates of our favorite teams and we always remain civil, no trash taking or taunting. Mutual respect and cordiality are far more important in our day-to-day than what a couple of large and highly profitable business organizations do--because we are NEIGHBORS first. Rooting for your team doesn't mean you have to tear down another.
So to all fans, may your team do very well--until it plays MY team!
HUNTER

AOL

#19 Dec 25, 2007
LETS RENAME ALL THE CLEVELAND TEAMS TO WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR I HAVE BEEN WAITING SINCE 1964 COME TO THE WINNING SIDE GO STEELERS
Holiday Jerk

North Royalton, OH

#20 Dec 25, 2007
Realist wrote:
Yawn. What a loser you are. And I am not even a Browns' fan.
Holiday Jerk

North Royalton, OH

#21 Dec 25, 2007
Realist wrote:
Fact is, I'm not a sports fan at all. Just pissed that cleveland spent all that money (over 1/2 BILLION) on teams that won't (can't) win any final championship.
Actually, I am ticked that all that money was spent on a stupid football stadium that's used MAYBE a dozen times a calendar year?? ANd about a year ago, there was some talk about adding a dome to it. Of course, it would only cost a few hundred million dollars. Just another scam of the Mike White administration.
And face the FACTS, despite being told that new stadiums would revitalize cleveland, explain why it's one of the POOREST cities in the country.
It seems that facts are not your strong point. The new stadiums were not stated as revitalizing Cleveland. Cleveland was not hurting over a decade ago. One thing Gateway did was revitalize several blocks of run down, dilapidated structures (remember the Central Market)??
Cleveland is considered one of the poorest cities in the nation for other reasons that have NOTHING to do with their sports teams or stadiums/ballparks.

AND I am not going to explain to you why, educate youself (for a change) yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Adams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Preview: Packers vs. Steelers (Dec '13) Dec '13 Miranda 1
News Offensive Line Question Marks Could Be Bad News... (Jul '13) Jul '13 jpsteeler567 1
News Suspect in stabbing of Steeler captured in Florida (Jun '13) Jun '13 pgh 1
News Pittsburgh Steelers: Familiar Faces Could Lead ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Greg 1
News Pittsburgh Steelers Mock Draft: How the Rich Ca... (Dec '12) Dec '12 ashamed fan 1
News Unsung Heroes of Pittsburgh Steelers' 2012 Season (Dec '12) Dec '12 John Polvere 1
News Near Full Strength, Timing Couldn't Be Better F... (Dec '12) Dec '12 hammertime 2