Ohio State football: Fickell says suspended four must earn their return | BuckeyeXtra

CHICAGO When the four key Ohio State players who must sit out the first five games this season due to NCAA suspension finally are cleared to play, new head coach Luke Fickell indicated today he will not look at them as being the cavalry coming over the hill for their first game back at Nebraska. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
buckeyerick

Defiance, OH

#1 Jul 29, 2011
I'm curious what the atmosphere in the locker room is concerning these players. Is there any animosity toward them because of all the negativity that they brought to such a stellar program?
frong

Columbus, OH

#2 Jul 29, 2011
I gotta say, I like this. Fickell clearly doesn't want any drama on his team after all that's happened, and he's taking the exact right approach by forcing the suspended players to earn back their starting spots. No one will have any reason to complain that way, and the best players will play. Well played, Coach.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, OH

#3 Jul 29, 2011
I've got a feeling that the players that are starting this year feel that they've got something to prove.
zappa912

Sylvania, OH

#4 Jul 29, 2011
Good start Luke. TEAM TEAM TEAM always comes first. Every player who takes the field for a Buckeye team should earn the right to play, each down. Each of the suspended players need to be willing to put it all on the line each day to show how they can make the team better. If they do that, I feel confident that each of them will see meaningful playing time when their eligibility is restored.

Only 35 days until the season opening kickoff. September 3 here we come.

GO BUCKS!!!!
Jimmy

Newark, OH

#5 Jul 29, 2011
The cheaters should have been kicked off the team
einstein

Columbus, OH

#6 Jul 29, 2011
Fickell is a meathead.
Go Bucks

Columbus, OH

#7 Jul 29, 2011
Good decision by Fickell. Just because those guys started before all of this mess does not mean that they automatically should start after their suspensions end. Make them earn it. It would not be fair to just automatically reinstate them, especially if the other players playing their positions are having great years.
Just Asking

New Albany, OH

#9 Jul 29, 2011
Jimmy wrote:
Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy go back to your miserable life and stay off these posts. Let me guess... you and Bob Hunter are relatives? Neighbors? Lovers??
LA DAN

Northridge, CA

#10 Jul 29, 2011
What coach is going to keep track of any "New Tattoos" on their bodies? What about the other players tattoos, who keeping track of new tattoos?

Grove City, OH

#11 Jul 29, 2011
einstein wrote:
Fickell is a meathead.
But, you're no Einstein.
califbuck

San Rafael, CA

#12 Jul 29, 2011
einstein wrote:
Fickell is a meathead.
You should know.
Traber

London, OH

#13 Jul 29, 2011
Until Fickell needs a win. Then we'll see how tuff he is on these ex starters
Sigmund H Freud

Thornville, OH

#14 Jul 29, 2011
Earn their return? How about expelling them from the team altogether! They are obviously too dense to follow simple rules...thay need to spend lots more time in the classroom. Make a degree from Ohio State worthwhile Coach. If you can't expel them, then bench the bums!
Time to go

Chesapeake, VA

#15 Jul 29, 2011
If I was the suspended four, I would leave while the gettings good. I don't believe they'll get a fair shake and who wants to play for fans who love winning, but hate the winners. All great incoming recruits, beware of going to Ohio State. This is a warning. By the way, I am a Buckeye fan, but not a fan of Buckeye fans.
Fan

Columbus, OH

#16 Jul 29, 2011
Jimmy wrote:
I Agree 100%.
aa_maize

United States

#17 Jul 29, 2011
What a load of RAH RAH CRAP!
Fickell will plays these boys no matter what.
Gotta beat Nebraska to keep his job.

Here we go again..........
Blue_Ha_Ha

Toledo, OH

#18 Jul 29, 2011
Jimmy wrote:
That wasn't Fickell's call.
Ron

Huntington Beach, CA

#19 Jul 30, 2011
LA DAN wrote:
What coach is going to keep track of any "New Tattoos" on their bodies? What about the other players tattoos, who keeping track of new tattoos?
I wonder who's keeping track of your cognitive development.
mike

Greensburg, PA

#20 Jul 30, 2011
Big talk for a guy that's going to be scrounging for wins in the Big 10. The sucknuts are trying real hard to say all the right things so the NCAA will go easy on them.
Blue_Ha_Ha

Toledo, OH

#21 Jul 30, 2011
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder who's keeping track of your cognitive development.
Moonbeam. He's a fellow Californicator.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Adams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Preview: Packers vs. Steelers (Dec '13) Dec '13 Miranda 1
Offensive Line Question Marks Could Be Bad News... (Jul '13) Jul '13 jpsteeler567 1
Suspect in stabbing of Steeler captured in Florida (Jun '13) Jun '13 pgh 1
Pittsburgh Steelers: Familiar Faces Could Lead ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Greg 1
Pittsburgh Steelers Mock Draft: How the Rich Ca... (Dec '12) Dec '12 ashamed fan 1
Unsung Heroes of Pittsburgh Steelers' 2012 Season (Dec '12) Dec '12 John Polvere 1
Near Full Strength, Timing Couldn't Be Better F... (Dec '12) Dec '12 hammertime 2
More from around the web