Browns sign safety, set preseason games

The Cleveland Browns added a safety and announced their preseason schedule on Monday. Read more
freeagentnoname

Akron, OH

#1 Apr 3, 2007
do we lead the league in signing undrafted free agents or what? can't we find anyone out there that was actually drafted before?
A different Tony Z

United States

#2 Apr 3, 2007
If we wanted to sign a safety the name Brian Russell comes to mind. We should've resigned him when we had the chance. He was a veteran leader for Poole and Jones.
Go Browns

United States

#3 Apr 3, 2007
The reason they didn't sign Russell is because he wanted too much cash. He signed with Seattle for $13.5 mil plus a $3 mil signing bonus. This new guy, brought in strictly for depth, is getting about $375 K. Russell, although a great player, is old and hurt (thanks to our ready-supply of Staph). OUr current safeties can handel starting.
A different Tony Z

United States

#4 Apr 3, 2007
Then this undrafted guy and Hamilton better show up this year. Because history proves we'll need a reliable 3rd safety due to DB injuries.
WhereAreTheLebro nHaters

Hilliard, OH

#5 Apr 3, 2007
Go Browns! 2015
Steve-o

Cleveland, OH

#6 Apr 3, 2007
Mike Adams = Superbowl
Tony

Canal Fulton, OH

#7 Apr 5, 2007
I liked Russell but like one of the other guy mentioned he wanted too much cash. We have spent quite a bit of cash and need to make a few cuts and he happened to be part of it. I hope stats speak well for this Adams guy. Iíve never heard of him before the other day. But at least he has experience. Iím happy with the moves so far, and yes even Lewis.
P.S. Please!!!! If Calvin Johnson is there when we pick take him. Take him and trade Edwards for a pretty good lineman or a few picks. Calvin is going to be much better and more of a team player than Edwards.
barry bonds

Cleveland, OH

#8 Apr 5, 2007
why didn't we sign mulitalo or mike doss? we are we signing undrafted free agents? Savage sucks. This team sucks. Go steelers.
Brittle Fingers

Northbrook, IL

#9 Apr 5, 2007
I read today that Asante Samuel (CB for the Patriots) wants a trade. Phil Savage should be ALL OVER this. He should have already made ten phone calls....
ESTEBALIZ RODRIGUEZ

Lombard, IL

#10 Apr 7, 2007
YADIRA I'M SO SORRY WHAT I SAID OFF U
ESTEBALIZ RODRIGUEZ

Lombard, IL

#11 Apr 7, 2007
GAMES ARE FUN!!!!!
ESTEBALIZ RODRIGUEZ

Lombard, IL

#12 Apr 7, 2007
YADIRA I'M SO SORRY
ESTEBALIZ RODRIGUEZ

Lombard, IL

#14 Apr 7, 2007
MY LOVE ITS GAMES ONLINE !!!!!!!
browns fan

Colorado Springs, CO

#15 Apr 8, 2007
We didn't get mulitalo because there was some bad blood this past season between him and jamal lewis( and he's over 30). we didn't get mike doss because even though he was/is a buckeye, he really isn't that good in the NFL. Go home barry.

Brittle fingers is right on. GET SOMETHING DONE FOR SAMUEL!! we might get him for as little as swapping 2nd and 3rd round picks. we need CB help and this would make it a stregth on our team

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Adams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Preview: Packers vs. Steelers (Dec '13) Dec '13 Miranda 1
News Offensive Line Question Marks Could Be Bad News... (Jul '13) Jul '13 jpsteeler567 1
News Suspect in stabbing of Steeler captured in Florida (Jun '13) Jun '13 pgh 1
News Pittsburgh Steelers: Familiar Faces Could Lead ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Greg 1
News Pittsburgh Steelers Mock Draft: How the Rich Ca... (Dec '12) Dec '12 ashamed fan 1
News Unsung Heroes of Pittsburgh Steelers' 2012 Season (Dec '12) Dec '12 John Polvere 1
News Near Full Strength, Timing Couldn't Be Better F... (Dec '12) Dec '12 hammertime 2
More from around the web