Ohio State notebook: Fickell has plan for suspended players | BuckeyeXtra

The four players who will be suspended for Ohio State's first five games won't be treated as outcasts during that time, nor will they be considered saviors once they are eligible, coach Luke Fickell said. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
zappa912

Sylvania, OH

#1 Jul 30, 2011
What a class act the Buckeyes have in Luke Fickell. His respect for Jim Tressel, his mentor. I want so much for this young man to be successful in his career as head football coach of the Buckeyes. He ascended to the position by circumstance, but now has the opportunity to put his imprint on one of the great college football programs in the country.

Questions have been raised about whether he is prepared to take over as head coach, whether he is the right man to be the leader of the football program at Ohio State well into the future.

Well tune in on September 3 when he leads the Buckeyes on to the field through the OSU Football Alumni tunnel of pride and honor in his first game as head coach of The Ohio State University Buckeyes against Akron. Can't wait to see it.

TO BE CONTINUED..........

Very Proud to be a Buckeye. GO BUCKS!!!
Stuck in the Stone Age

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jul 30, 2011
zappa912 wrote:
What a class act the Buckeyes have in Luke Fickell. His respect for Jim Tressel, his mentor. I want so much for this young man to be successful in his career as head football coach of the Buckeyes. He ascended to the position by circumstance, but now has the opportunity to put his imprint on one of the great college football programs in the country.
Questions have been raised about whether he is prepared to take over as head coach, whether he is the right man to be the leader of the football program at Ohio State well into the future.
Well tune in on September 3 when he leads the Buckeyes on to the field through the OSU Football Alumni tunnel of pride and honor in his first game as head coach of The Ohio State University Buckeyes against Akron. Can't wait to see it.
Luke Fickell needs to distance himself from anything and everything Jim Tressel-related. The NCAA certainly won't look upon it so glowingly as you, Buckeye bootlicker, do, that's for sure. Hopefully, Fickell will make an impression upon other future employers with his one year in the capacity as TOSU's coach.....
zappa912

Sylvania, OH

#3 Jul 30, 2011
Stuck in the Stone Age wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke Fickell needs to distance himself from anything and everything Jim Tressel-related. The NCAA certainly won't look upon it so glowingly as you, Buckeye bootlicker, do, that's for sure. Hopefully, Fickell will make an impression upon other future employers with his one year in the capacity as TOSU's coach.....
Luke knows his place, but don't think for one minute that he will not respect and honor the good that Jim Tressel did for him and the football program over the last 10 years. Loyalty still means something to some of us who can forgive a friend's mistakes and move on with our lives.

Publicly, he will do the right things to satisfy you, the University, the NCAA, the Dispatch, ESPN, SI, etc. Privately, it is none of our damn business what relationship he maintains, or does not maintain, with Jim Tressel.

I don't apologize for my respect and support of Jim Tressel for what he did for the Buckeye football program, the University that he loves, and the community beyond the University. He made some serious mistakes for which he is paying, and will continue to pay, a steep price. He has made me angry for what he did to the Buckeye football program and Ohio State. Saying that does not make him a demon in my book, nor did it make him a saint before April, 2010. I measure a person's worth by the sum total of who they are and what they have done, not just one great success or failure. I also believe that my opinion is mine alone, so you can think or say whatever you want about Jim Tressel or Luke Fickell.

I have made my share of mistakes and have been forgiven numerous times. My forgiveness of others is mine to give or not. I still admire and respect Jim Tressel and am proud to admit it even though he has hurt me through some of his actions, or inaction, as the case may be. I believe very strongly that "to err is human, to forgive is divine.". I choose forgiveness as often as possible.

Proud to be a Buckeye. GO BUCKS!!
Jimmy

Newark, OH

#4 Jul 30, 2011
His plan should be kicking the cheaters off the team
dean

Montrose, AL

#5 Jul 30, 2011
Bielema was still thinking about Pryor's comments? lmao. What a psycho job. Besides, it's true. Deal with it Wisconsin.

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

#6 Jul 30, 2011
Fickell needs to make the players earn their way back onto the field after the 5 games. After putting the team in a bad situation, they need to show that they have put it behind them and are out to help the team and not themselves.
GATOR GARY

Saint Petersburg, FL

#7 Jul 30, 2011
zappa912 wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke knows his place, but don't think for one minute that he will not respect and honor the good that Jim Tressel did for him and the football program over the last 10 years. Loyalty still means something to some of us who can forgive a friend's mistakes and move on with our lives.
Publicly, he will do the right things to satisfy you, the University, the NCAA, the Dispatch, ESPN, SI, etc. Privately, it is none of our damn business what relationship he maintains, or does not maintain, with Jim Tressel.
I don't apologize for my respect and support of Jim Tressel for what he did for the Buckeye football program, the University that he loves, and the community beyond the University. He made some serious mistakes for which he is paying, and will continue to pay, a steep price. He has made me angry for what he did to the Buckeye football program and Ohio State. Saying that does not make him a demon in my book, nor did it make him a saint before April, 2010. I measure a person's worth by the sum total of who they are and what they have done, not just one great success or failure. I also believe that my opinion is mine alone, so you can think or say whatever you want about Jim Tressel or Luke Fickell.
I have made my share of mistakes and have been forgiven numerous times. My forgiveness of others is mine to give or not. I still admire and respect Jim Tressel and am proud to admit it even though he has hurt me through some of his actions, or inaction, as the case may be. I believe very strongly that "to err is human, to forgive is divine.". I choose forgiveness as often as possible.
How can you respect a man for LYING right to your face? Forgive him all you want but do not respect him! QUESTION??? Will Fickle be wearing a sweater vest?
GATOR GARY

Saint Petersburg, FL

#8 Jul 30, 2011
zappa912 wrote:
How can a man of class respect a and have a LIAR for his mentor? Yes, we have had a lot LIARS in the world, Clinton, Hitler, Bush, Stalin, basically about all politicians but most of us sane human beings do not repect them or use them as a role model.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, OH

#9 Jul 30, 2011
Those players did not cheat! What are you talking about? They got tattoo's, how is that cheating? I don't understand the hysteria I hear out of people these days. You're nothing but a boring media drone.
Jimmy wrote:
His plan should be kicking the cheaters off the team

Worthington

#10 Jul 30, 2011
GATOR GARY wrote:
<quoted text> How can you respect a man for LYING right to your face? Forgive him all you want but do not respect him! QUESTION??? Will Fickle be wearing a sweater vest?
It's obvious that we have no respect for Gaytor Gary. But taking his advice, nobody should respect him:

Gaytor: "Have fun in Ohio while I sit at Swigwams Tiki Bar on the beach!"

Fact: Swigwams is no longer a tiki bar on the beach...it is a long way from the beach.

Apparently you and Tressel have something in common.
Tony

Mesa, AZ

#11 Jul 30, 2011
zappa912 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post ZAPP912. I agree wholeheartedly. Stuck in the stone age and gaytor gary can post crap all they want. No one listens to their holier than thou rants. Neither appear to have an ounce of sense and get their jollies behind a keyboard. I believe gaytor gary claims to own a construction company in Florida. Funny how he has so much time at a tiki bar with all his "voluptuous" women, or on this website. His alleged line of work in the Florida area undoubtedly makes him a crook. I'm in that business from the financial side. I know all about the criminal element and scumbags in the Florida area.
Steve

Warrington, PA

#12 Jul 30, 2011
I am still waiting to see what Tim May was referring to as "Pryor getting the last word". Seems to me Bret B got the last and uncontested word (until Oct 29 of this year) on the issue. Can't wait to see him knocked off his high horse. Ol' Bret B better hope there aren't any skeletons in his closet. We all know what karma can be.
zappa912

Sylvania, OH

#13 Jul 30, 2011
GATOR GARY wrote:
<quoted text> How can you respect a man for LYING right to your face? Forgive him all you want but do not respect him! QUESTION??? Will Fickle be wearing a sweater vest?
Gator Boy,

I was hurt by the lie, more than one, in fact. I have spent some time thinking about what he said and did. I don't condone his behavior or the way he tried to cover it up. But I think I understand why he did it. Doesn't make it right. Doesn't make it a bright shining moment for him or the OSU football program.

All that said, as I indicted in my earlier post, I look at his entire body of work, not just his human failings. I see all the good he has done for countless players, students, college and high school coaches, fans, the University, numerous charitable causes, and for the football program and traditions over 10 years. He has earned my respect many times over.

As always, just my opinion of course. You and many, many others don't agree. I can live with that. I went down this road before when Woody Hayes was fired. In spite of all his human failings, Woody had my respect to the day he died. Far more good outweighed Woody's failings, not unlike Jim Tressel.
Buckeye Sn8k

Decatur, AL

#14 Jul 30, 2011
Bret Bielema is a phag!
GATOR GARY

Saint Petersburg, FL

#15 Jul 30, 2011
FLABUCK wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious that we have no respect for Gaytor Gary. But taking his advice, nobody should respect him:
Gaytor: "Have fun in Ohio while I sit at Swigwams Tiki Bar on the beach!"
Fact: Swigwams is no longer a tiki bar on the beach...it is a long way from the beach.
Apparently you and Tressel have something in common.
The bar is still on the beach, they just changed the name to the Post-Card Inn Tiki Bar on the Beach! Swigwams lost their lease on the bar properity. They moved about 10 blockes away. Only go to the moved non-beach Swigwams when it is raining. Got to have a Coors Light, the Beach and some pretty girls in Bikini's to keep GAATOR GARY happy and we all know a happy Gator is a good Gator!
zappa912

Sylvania, OH

#16 Jul 30, 2011
GATOR GARY wrote:
<quoted text> How can a man of class respect a and have a LIAR for his mentor? Yes, we have had a lot LIARS in the world, Clinton, Hitler, Bush, Stalin, basically about all politicians but most of us sane human beings do not repect them or use them as a role model.
Well Gator Boy, despite all their failings, including the lies, both President Clinton and President Bush have done far more good than bad. Personally, I wouldn't choose either man as a role model, but I respect the office they both held and the tremendous challenges they faced on a daily basis to keep our country moving forward in a very dangerous world. Again just my opinion.

To equate either, or both of them, with Hitler or Stalin is an insult and a disgrace of the highest order.

Shame on you.
zappa912

Sylvania, OH

#17 Jul 30, 2011
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post ZAPP912. I agree wholeheartedly. Stuck in the stone age and gaytor gary can post crap all they want. No one listens to their holier than thou rants. Neither appear to have an ounce of sense and get their jollies behind a keyboard. I believe gaytor gary claims to own a construction company in Florida. Funny how he has so much time at a tiki bar with all his "voluptuous" women, or on this website. His alleged line of work in the Florida area undoubtedly makes him a crook. I'm in that business from the financial side. I know all about the criminal element and **** in the Florida area.
Thanks for your kind remarks about the post.

GO BUCKS!!!!
GATOR GARY

Saint Petersburg, FL

#18 Jul 30, 2011
zappa912 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gator Boy,
I was hurt by the lie, more than one, in fact. I have spent some time thinking about what he said and did. I don't condone his behavior or the way he tried to cover it up. But I think I understand why he did it. Doesn't make it right. Doesn't make it a bright shining moment for him or the OSU football program.
All that said, as I indicted in my earlier post, I look at his entire body of work, not just his human failings. I see all the good he has done for countless players, students, college and high school coaches, fans, the University, numerous charitable causes, and for the football program and traditions over 10 years. He has earned my respect many times over.
As always, just my opinion of course. You and many, many others don't agree. I can live with that. I went down this road before when Woody Hayes was fired. In spite of all his human failings, Woody had my respect to the day he died. Far more good outweighed Woody's failings, not unlike Jim Tressel.
Yes, when somebody LIES right to your face and then does not apologize or tries to again LIE out otf the LIE it really hurts. At least it was not your wife, child or girlfriend of friend. JT won a lot of games for OSU. He is a very good coach. He will do well in the pros. The problem with some OSU fans they want to have a winning program that does not cheat and that is very, very hard to do. Tressel lied so he could play those players, because with-out them he had no chance at a NC and as you know OSU fan will not be satisfied if the Buckeyes are not a top 5 team. Call me what you want but, I am not a hypocrite. If my team gets caught cheating, it is what it is! It is part of the system. The college football system forces you to cheat, because you can't pay your players their real worth and offering them college tuition is not their real worth when you are making millions of dollars off of them. It is like doing construction projects in Mexico, you have to pay people off to get permits and just to get things done. It is what it is!

Worthington

#19 Jul 30, 2011
GATOR GARY wrote:
<quoted text> The bar is still on the beach, they just changed the name to the Post-Card Inn Tiki Bar on the Beach! Swigwams lost their lease on the bar properity. They moved about 10 blockes away. Only go to the moved non-beach Swigwams when it is raining. Got to have a Coors Light, the Beach and some pretty girls in Bikini's to keep GAATOR GARY happy and we all know a happy Gator is a good Gator!
Haha, so you just kept going and never noticed the name change? Sure Gary.
GATOR GARY

Saint Petersburg, FL

#20 Jul 30, 2011
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post ZAPP912. I agree wholeheartedly. Stuck in the stone age and gaytor gary can post crap all they want. No one listens to their holier than thou rants. Neither appear to have an ounce of sense and get their jollies behind a keyboard. I believe gaytor gary claims to own a construction company in Florida. Funny how he has so much time at a tiki bar with all his "voluptuous" women, or on this website. His alleged line of work in the Florida area undoubtedly makes him a crook. I'm in that business from the financial side. I know all about the criminal element and **** in the Florida area.
I do not own a construction company. I was in the construcion and land speculation business but liquidated everything in 2007, right before the bust (boy am I a smart Gator) and put everyting into: gold, Treasury Bills and CASH! There is a lot of criminal element in Florida, I stayed away from that and always paid my taxes! So now my lifwe revolves a cold beer, the beach and "voluptuous women" (some are really not that voluptuous but they are fun to drink with). That is very un-professional of you to say that I made my money illegally, whne you have no idea of who I am.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Adams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Preview: Packers vs. Steelers (Dec '13) Dec '13 Miranda 1
Offensive Line Question Marks Could Be Bad News... (Jul '13) Jul '13 jpsteeler567 1
Suspect in stabbing of Steeler captured in Florida (Jun '13) Jun '13 pgh 1
Pittsburgh Steelers: Familiar Faces Could Lead ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Greg 1
Pittsburgh Steelers Mock Draft: How the Rich Ca... (Dec '12) Dec '12 ashamed fan 1
Unsung Heroes of Pittsburgh Steelers' 2012 Season (Dec '12) Dec '12 John Polvere 1
Near Full Strength, Timing Couldn't Be Better F... (Dec '12) Dec '12 hammertime 2
More from around the web