Vick Pleads Not Guilty

Vick Pleads Not Guilty

There are 129 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Jul 26, 2007, titled Vick Pleads Not Guilty. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

Michael Vick pleaded not guilty today to federal dogfighting accusations and was released conditionally without bond until a November 26 trial.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Grip

United States

#1 Jul 26, 2007
So with that being said it is best to just on ahead a let him play.
LOOSING FAITH

Stone Mountain, GA

#2 Jul 26, 2007
I'm also an owner of pitbulls (they are not vicious animals). I think the courts should have issued a bond-the no bond is just showing to the public because he is a high profile athlete chances are he is going to get away with this criminal act. Think about it no-one in there right mind rents property without knowing what kind of activities may be going on. Vick needs to be responsible and take the punishment that any other citizen would have to face. If you want to fight SIGN UP AND GO TO IRAQ. At least that's a reason to fight (FREEDOM)!!!!
anon

Fayetteville, GA

#4 Jul 26, 2007
This is such a heinous crime and everyone involved deserves the most stringent punishment and nothing short of jail time. As far as Vick is concerned, he should be barred from the NFL. He has lost his priveledge as a professional athlete. He's a disgrace to Atlanta and to the NFL. What kind of role model is he? I wish someone paid me an obscene amount of money to throw a football and behave as such off the field. We need to make an example out of him, not an excuse for him. Hopefully justice will prevail.
Marian from McDonough

Buford, GA

#5 Jul 26, 2007
Anyone else would have to post bond. I'd say he got preferrential treatment.
GOING DOWN

Decatur, GA

#6 Jul 26, 2007
WHAT BS,NOT GUILTY HOW COULD HE NOT BE GUILTY.....PLAY FOR ATLANTA AGAIN I WOULD HOPE NOT.WHAT A DISGRACE GUILTY OR NOT.HE IS NOT A ROLE MODEL FOR SURE.
sam

Marietta, GA

#7 Jul 26, 2007
Grip wrote:
Boy are we really intelegent. I can guess that you think what he did is ok too. Until this is settled he does not need to play.
joe

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Jul 26, 2007
I am not supporting dogfighting in any way and I am not saying Mike Vick is guilty because that is not up to me to decided but neither is wishing him to rot in hell or saying that he is the worst person ever, or just flat out talking horrible about him. No one here on earth has the right to judge Mike Vick (wishing him to burn in hell or anything like that). He hasn't said anything about you, take a second and think about if you would like people to talk about you like that.
pet

Alpharetta, GA

#9 Jul 26, 2007
All of this just makes me sick. I know Mr. Vick is innocent until proven guilty, but I think we can live without the repetitive description of how the losing dogs were put to their death. The constant reference to the various means of accomplishing this is so horrific, that those of us who love animals and cherish their companionship would never even have such barbaric thoughts of cruelty and I for one don't even want to know. Please stop the reporting of how these poor animals, defenseless against man, died.
barber

Chicago, IL

#10 Jul 26, 2007
nice haircut .... what happened to the dreads?

who is the attorney representing his cousin?
Dee

Decatur, GA

#11 Jul 26, 2007
LOOSING FAITH wrote:
I'm also an owner of pitbulls (they are not vicious animals). I think the courts should have issued a bond-the no bond is just showing to the public because he is a high profile athlete chances are he is going to get away with this criminal act. Think about it no-one in there right mind rents property without knowing what kind of activities may be going on. Vick needs to be responsible and take the punishment that any other citizen would have to face. If you want to fight SIGN UP AND GO TO IRAQ. At least that's a reason to fight (FREEDOM)!!!!
IF Mr. Vick is guilty, THEN punish. He has not yet been proven guilty. Vick may not have known about what was going on at the house. His cousin may not have let him know what was going on. I am tired of all these self rightous people convicting him before all the facts have been proven. And to all the people of PETA - I will assume you are all vegetarians and don't wear leather shoes or belts!

“Minicoopergal here”

Since: Jul 07

Cameron Mo

#12 Jul 26, 2007
he needs to be spending time in jail and when found guilty he needs to be treated the same what he treated these fluffs.
NFL FIRE HIM !
Dee

Decatur, GA

#13 Jul 26, 2007
Please, people! Vick has not been proven guilty! Vick plays for a Georgia team. Dog fighting is not illegal in GA. Note that there was another NFL player said to be linked to dog fighting. Hmmm...I wonder who that was. Again I say ease off Vick until after the trial. Unless you were there you do not have a right to condemn. And if you were there you might be guilty of something too!

Since: Jun 07

U S A

#14 Jul 26, 2007
Grip wrote:
he can go play ball in prison
fhkgvghfikkgfy

Lawrenceville, GA

#15 Jul 26, 2007
i will NEVER EVER EVER!!! Be a fan of Michael Vick EVER EVER again!!!!!!!!!!
Jeanette T

United States

#16 Jul 26, 2007
I was never a Falcons fan until Michael Vick came on the scene. I used to be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan.,
The arrival of Michael Vick made me a Falcons fan. Not only did I like his quarterback style but I thought he was a nice young man with endless potential. Being an older lady I thought he was someone I would want as a son, he e so nice. I was waiting for him to find a nice young women get married have lots of babies and a great football career. I was thinking he would be a great role model for young people and good for football. Then he began to get in to little trouble at first and one thing after another happened. I defended him when first came allegations of him giving someone herpes. I defended him and said he just needs to find his way and needs some good people around to mentor him. After all these years it does not seem as if Michael was interested in success and being a role model, why else would he once and once again be associated with unsavory characters and get in to trouble. The latest allegations have not been proven but there was so much smoke even before those allegations that even the sternest fan knows there is a fire somewhere. Maybe he will be found innocent maybe not, but the reason why people like me who wanted to believe the best and cut him slack are finally fed up is because there are so many signs that he is surrounding himself with people that are no good and that can only lead him down. He is a grown man and should know better, he is not a child that can be easily influenced in to doing to wrong thing. Vick is not the only one that seems to get away with many wrong doings celebrities in general seem to think that they are untouchable. What makes sports and movie heroes wrong doing even worse is that too many young people take this as as sign that it is OK to act like that. I am upset because I defended him for years to some of my friends that did not think he was a good role model. I even bought and wore his number 7, something I never done before. During last year's season there was a clear problem with Michael' performance and it may just be that his mind and was on the game all the time as it should be for any high paid performer. Let us not forget that athletes like Michael are paid an exuberant amount of money for part time work, playing a a game. Maybe this contributes to them losing touch with reality and displaying a arrogance toward those that pay the ticket price to see him play.
I know Michael Vick has not been convicted, that being said...
Should it come out that all is true and worse there is no reconciliation until he shows that he has truly changed and remorse for what he did. Should he be found guilty I suggest the following punishment. Whatever time he may spend in jail it should be solitary confinement with 2 hours every day spend supervised with a pit bull puppy. The same puppy very day. No visitors, no human contact just the pit bull puppy. After he is done with his time he can chose the keep the dog that at that point may be a few years old. I would like to see if he still things it is OK to kill or torture an innocent animal that only wants to be loved and only wants to give love. Maybe he need time to bond with an animal so he can see just why people like me who own pets are so upset of what the allegations suggest. Should he be found innocent I hope he will come out to participate in the fight against animal abuse. Since he loves rap music I hope he will denounce the promotion of dog fighting in some of the rap videos.
rom

Miami, FL

#17 Jul 26, 2007
Dee wrote:
Please, people! Vick has not been proven guilty! Vick plays for a Georgia team. Dog fighting is not illegal in GA. Note that there was another NFL player said to be linked to dog fighting. Hmmm...I wonder who that was. Again I say ease off Vick until after the trial. Unless you were there you do not have a right to condemn. And if you were there you might be guilty of something too!

Duh!!! Dog fighting is also a felony in Georgia.
Debbie

Carrollton, GA

#18 Jul 26, 2007
minicoopergal wrote:
he needs to be spending time in jail and when found guilty he needs to be treated the same what he treated these fluffs.
NFL FIRE HIM !
It does not make sense to say he needs to be spending time in jail and when found guilty... So how do you feel about killing people? Did you get on the internet and have such strong opinions when the police killed that 92 year old woman? I don't think dog fighting is right but I also don't think judging people without all the facts, is not right. I have heard just as many white people, as black people, bring up race. This lets me know that racism is still alive and strong. Just for the record I am white.
Unbelievable

Canton, GA

#19 Jul 26, 2007
rom wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh!!! Dog fighting is also a felony in Georgia.
Actually it is a misdemeanor and it is a shame that it is not a felony.
BJS

Cleveland, GA

#20 Jul 26, 2007
"I respectfully ask all of you to hold your judgment until all of the facts are shown. Above all, I would like to say to my mom I'm sorry for what she has had to go through in this most trying of times. It has caused pain to my family and I apologize to my family."

Above is what Vick said at the court house today. Where is the apology to the Falcon team, the people of Atlanta and Georgia, the NFL? Guilty or not, he should have apologized to all for bringing even the mention of his name in this horrible matter.
clatlanta

Atlanta, GA

#21 Jul 26, 2007
The State of Georgia should be ashamed for NOT having felony laws on the books for dog fighting. Just think, Georgia, one of only 2 states in the country. Aren't you proud of yourselves? Michael Vick is nothing more than a thug as are his fans who think cruelty to animals is okay and Vick and his cronies should not be punished. It's a shame you all cannot be trained to fight each other to the death or whoever loses is hanged, electrocuted or slammed to the ground until dead. You people are disgusting and not worth the room you take up!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Vick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michael Vick pleads guilty -- South Florida Sun... (Aug '07) May '18 GoRaiderFarts 217
Is it illegal to shoot Canadian Geese? (Feb '09) Apr '18 MarkState 64
News Gary Myers: Here's why Jets and Giants need to ... Mar '18 Raider Fartman 2
News Falcons invite Vick back to Atlanta for Dome fi... (Jan '17) Feb '18 Farton raider 4
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's Email Address (Nov '08) Feb '18 Ron Rhoades 1,406
black panthers (Sep '17) Sep '17 ARTY W 1
News Dogfighter tied to Michael Vick gets 13-plus years (Jun '08) May '17 Dog phart 309