No excuses for Vick in 2012

No excuses for Vick in 2012

There are 389 comments on the Philly.com story from Mar 18, 2012, titled No excuses for Vick in 2012. In it, Philly.com reports that:

The Eagles and Evan Mathis agreed Saturday to a five-year deal, meaning the offensive line will have all five of its starters back next season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Philly.com.

“You can't hide”

Since: Aug 12

Atlantic Beach, FL

#424 Aug 29, 2012
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me understand you correctly. You state that other peoples opinions who feel he has paid his dues are valid, but mine and others opinion that he has not is invalid. Gee thanks. How big of you. Hypocrite much?
I don't deny that there is abuse in dog racing. It exists in horse racing too. But it is minimal in comparison to dog fighting, where there is zero oversight.
ASPCA, god love 'em for their work, are like PETA in some ways. They are a bit extreme and tend to over-exaggerate. A few instances and they make it out like it is rampant through out the sport. Which it is not. Again I speak from personal knowledge through my SIL who has worked on dog and horse racing farms as part of her career. Her life's work has been all about animals.
As to my location, what is it to you? I have the option to not disclose my location in my posts. Others do that as well. Do you take up your displeasure with them? For the record I am in Annapolis. A drinking town, with a sailing problem.
No sir, YOU are the one who implied , no make that outright stated, that everyone who feels he served his time "supports what he did". I merely turned the table on you. If we can't have our opinion with you ASSUMING what we believe, why should you deserve that privilege ?

As far as the ASPCA website being an over-exaggeration, I'll be willing to look at any site you can offer that proves it's not as bad as they say it is. No offense, but your word of mouth explanation doesn't cut it for me. I like proof.

Based on your number of posts, I'm sure you know that people with hidden locations are frequently another person posting in the same thread. Sometimes taking pleasure in arguing both sides of the topic. It's just a credibility thing, nothing more.

“You can't hide”

Atlantic Beach, FL

#425 Aug 29, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>Your right...Foles has looked good, now i see why they cut Vince Young loose....i see both the Eagles and Cowboys around .500.....
You're going to be very close if not exactly right. They took a rough road to get there last year, but I think it's becoming obvious who will rule the NFC East this year. But... another ring for Big Blue ?

“You can't hide”

Atlantic Beach, FL

#426 Aug 29, 2012
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
I read these posts about the players and the sport, and now I understand how others feel when I talk about motor sports. LOL!
How about Smoke throwing his helmet at Kenseth ?

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#427 Aug 29, 2012
losers exposed wrote:
<quoted text>
No sir, YOU are the one who implied , no make that outright stated, that everyone who feels he served his time "supports what he did". I merely turned the table on you. If we can't have our opinion with you ASSUMING what we believe, why should you deserve that privilege ?
As far as the ASPCA website being an over-exaggeration, I'll be willing to look at any site you can offer that proves it's not as bad as they say it is. No offense, but your word of mouth explanation doesn't cut it for me. I like proof.
Based on your number of posts, I'm sure you know that people with hidden locations are frequently another person posting in the same thread. Sometimes taking pleasure in arguing both sides of the topic. It's just a credibility thing, nothing more.
What oversight is given to dog fighting? NONE
Is there oversight in dog and horse racing? YES
Is it 100%? NO
Are there still issues of abuse? ABSOLUTELY

You can use tax fraud as an example. There are people who abuse that. It still happens. No matter what example given there can never be 100% compliance and accountability. None. Never.

There will always be animal abuse in the sports, even with oversight. But in dog fighting there is absolutely zero oversight. Again making a comparison to an illegal sport to a legal one is Apples and Oranges.

Farm animals are abused every day. More than any dog or horse racing farm. What is being done about it? The ASPCA investigates, and if necessary legal action is taken. Just as they do on dog and horse racing farms.

Do fighting is breeding dogs for the sole and ONLY purpose of violence and killing. PERIOD. Again Apples and Oranges.

Do you see my point?

To your final comment. I appreciate your concern in that regard. You can take my word or leave it, but I assure you I do not play that childish game.

Location hidden

#428 Aug 29, 2012
losers exposed wrote:
<quoted text>
How about Smoke throwing his helmet at Kenseth ?
I should have qualified that. Motorsports EXCEPT NASCAR. LOL!

I follow GT, LM, F1, MotoGP, DTM,....

But to that. I think any driver who acts like a child and throws a tantrum should be fined. Stewart was out of line, and his comments about running him over should suspend him for a race.

“You can't hide”

Atlantic Beach, FL

#429 Aug 29, 2012
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
What oversight is given to dog fighting? NONE
Is there oversight in dog and horse racing? YES
Is it 100%? NO
Are there still issues of abuse? ABSOLUTELY
You can use tax fraud as an example. There are people who abuse that. It still happens. No matter what example given there can never be 100% compliance and accountability. None. Never.
There will always be animal abuse in the sports, even with oversight. But in dog fighting there is absolutely zero oversight. Again making a comparison to an illegal sport to a legal one is Apples and Oranges.
Farm animals are abused every day. More than any dog or horse racing farm. What is being done about it? The ASPCA investigates, and if necessary legal action is taken. Just as they do on dog and horse racing farms.
Do fighting is breeding dogs for the sole and ONLY purpose of violence and killing. PERIOD. Again Apples and Oranges.
Do you see my point?
To your final comment. I appreciate your concern in that regard. You can take my word or leave it, but I assure you I do not play that childish game.
I never said I didn't see your point. I just don't agree that it's so far from dog fighting as you do. Not enough to call it "apples and oranges". I personally believe that he sheer volume and the fact that it's legal makes it "apples and other kinds of apples". Yes, the violence is obviously worse for fighting dogs, no doubt. But when you consider racing dogs are over-bred, kept in deplorable conditions, frequently sick, frequently injured which will result in their death if it affects their racing ability, are killed around age 5 if not lucky enough to be sent to a shelter, the similarities between the two "sports" are many and disgusting.
The most important thing I hoped you'd take from my post is that everyone who believes Vick has served his time and deserves a second chance doesn't fall under the category of "Anyone who supports Vick admits they promote and condone the abuse, cruelty, and violence towards animals". That's simply not true and shouldn't be assumed.

“You can't hide”

Atlantic Beach, FL

#430 Aug 29, 2012
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
I should have qualified that. Motorsports EXCEPT NASCAR. LOL!
I follow GT, LM, F1, MotoGP, DTM,....
But to that. I think any driver who acts like a child and throws a tantrum should be fined. Stewart was out of line, and his comments about running him over should suspend him for a race.
That's okay, it's really all I had about racing anyway. LOL. This kind of news is all I really see when it comes to motorsports. All these years and ESPN still doesn't give them a fair cut of time on sportscenter.

Location hidden

#431 Aug 29, 2012
losers exposed wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I didn't see your point. I just don't agree that it's so far from dog fighting as you do. Not enough to call it "apples and oranges". I personally believe that he sheer volume and the fact that it's legal makes it "apples and other kinds of apples". Yes, the violence is obviously worse for fighting dogs, no doubt. But when you consider racing dogs are over-bred, kept in deplorable conditions, frequently sick, frequently injured which will result in their death if it affects their racing ability, are killed around age 5 if not lucky enough to be sent to a shelter, the similarities between the two "sports" are many and disgusting.
The most important thing I hoped you'd take from my post is that everyone who believes Vick has served his time and deserves a second chance doesn't fall under the category of "Anyone who supports Vick admits they promote and condone the abuse, cruelty, and violence towards animals". That's simply not true and shouldn't be assumed.
Very well, I retract my over reaching statement. But you and I will have to agree to disagree about Vick. I find it deplorable that he is allowed back in a professional sport after what he has done. When considering there are those of far lesser crimes that are banned forever.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#432 Aug 29, 2012
I used to watch, just about every CART race, but now i try not to miss the INDY series.....Saw Dan Weldon killed instantly, at Las Vegas last year....very sad....

Location hidden

#433 Aug 29, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
I used to watch, just about every CART race, but now i try not to miss the INDY series.....Saw Dan Weldon killed instantly, at Las Vegas last year....very sad....
I'll be in Baltimore this weekend for the IZOD series race. ALMS, USGP, and MAZDA also being hosted this weekend. Won't be there on Friday, but can find me at the Porscheplatz (Sat - FREE PARKING for Porsche owners. BONUS! LOL) or Paddocks (Sat/Sun).

Location hidden

#434 Aug 29, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
Yea that had to be horrible seeing Dan crash and burn. He was well liked and a good driver. Hadn't he won the Indy-500 ?

I was watching Simoncelli when he had his accident in MotoGP. To watch him slide, and his helmet fly off then run over by another motorcycle... Horrific is putting it mildly.

“You can't hide”

Atlantic Beach, FL

#435 Aug 29, 2012
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well, I retract my over reaching statement. But you and I will have to agree to disagree about Vick. I find it deplorable that he is allowed back in a professional sport after what he has done. When considering there are those of far lesser crimes that are banned forever.
Ok, I can agree to disagree about Vick. We both know what he did was heinous to say the least. It's just a difference in what we feel is right from that point on.
There's definitely people who have done far less and gotten worse and there's people who have done worse and gotten nothing. Donte Stallworth comes to mind. DUI manslaughter and didn't miss a game. Not much of this going on in motorsports, huh ?

Location hidden

#436 Aug 29, 2012
losers exposed wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I can agree to disagree about Vick. We both know what he did was heinous to say the least. It's just a difference in what we feel is right from that point on.
There's definitely people who have done far less and gotten worse and there's people who have done worse and gotten nothing. Donte Stallworth comes to mind. DUI manslaughter and didn't miss a game. Not much of this going on in motorsports, huh ?
In the motorsports I follow? Can't say that I have heard of it.

The most recent case in F1, was a bar fight. It was between a Team CEO (Lux) and a driver (Sutil). The driver was banned and had his S license revoked. I've never really heard of anything worse than that, except being caught street racing.

“You can't hide”

Atlantic Beach, FL

#437 Aug 29, 2012
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the motorsports I follow? Can't say that I have heard of it.
The most recent case in F1, was a bar fight. It was between a Team CEO (Lux) and a driver (Sutil). The driver was banned and had his S license revoked. I've never really heard of anything worse than that, except being caught street racing.
I guess a lot of it can be attributed to where the athletes come from and their ability (or inability) to leave it behind. Many can't handle their sudden wealth with any sense of maturity and step away from their past. Not saying that's an excuse at all. Just a damn shame. I hope Vick has matured with what he's experienced and won't regress. If not, the loss of millions again and going back to the pen should keep him in line. Drivers for the most part are more privileged growing up. It's an expensive sport to have your child involved in. Not a lot of ghetto kids in racing. Again, not that coming from the ghetto is an excuse for what some of these guys do.
genevalove

United States

#438 Aug 29, 2012
losers exposed wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as the ASPCA website being an over-exaggeration, I'll be willing to look at any site you can offer that proves it's not as bad as they say it
is. No offense, but your word of mouth explanation doesn't cut it for me. I like proof.
Based on your number of posts, I'm sure you know that people with hidden locations are
frequently another person posting in the same thread. Sometimes taking pleasure in arguing both sides of the topic. It's just a credibility thing, nothing more.
losers exposed?is Vick dropping trou again?
ooooooh,herpes everywhere!
losers exposed??? Vick showing off herpes lessons again?
genevalove

United States

#439 Aug 29, 2012
losers exposed wrote:
<quoted text>
That's okay, it's really all I had about racing anyway. LOL. This kind of news is all I really see when it comes to motorsports. All these years and ESPN still doesn't give them a fair cut of time on sportscenter.
no mikevickookie bragging???????
genevalove

United States

#440 Aug 29, 2012
genevalove wrote:
<quoted text>
no mikevickookie bragging???????
dream team,dynasty,venereal passing killer.
no vick wonders bring discussed!
where are the fans?????
karma doesn't exist gaysplat????????
oh,but it does!
Jim Evans Esq

Hampton, VA

#441 Aug 29, 2012
Marissa 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Go Blue, rather well...I may not agree with him...but I do RESPECT him...and his point of view...again, it's about FREEDOM of Speech...and also Freedom of Religion...
Onething he doesn't deserve is to be called...People like you...he's a good guy...as I said...I do respect him...
And your point is????????

The moron makes simplistic inferences (i.e. saying someone equated animals with children, people, etc.), says we shouldn't "judge" the felon, and that we should move on. Well, let his/her ass move on and other people continue to express their opinions. If that dolt wants to sing Koombaya around the campfire in Mayberry and forget about the sickass shit vick did..........that's GD great. But she can kiss my ass if he/she thinks for one GD minute that she is going to tell me to move on or forgive a human piece of excrement like vick.
genevalove

United States

#442 Aug 29, 2012
losers exposed wrote:
<quoted text>
There's definitely people who have done far less and gotten worse and there's people who have done worse and gotten nothing. Donte Stallworth comes to mind. DUI manslaughter and didn't miss a game. Not much of this going on in motorsports
, huh ?
shut up rainbow freak.

Vick is a piece of trash: waste of carbon.you gaysplat aren't far behind,loser!
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#443 Aug 29, 2012
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea that had to be horrible seeing Dan crash and burn. He was well liked and a good driver. Hadn't he won the Indy-500 ?
I was watching Simoncelli when he had his accident in MotoGP. To watch him slide, and his helmet fly off then run over by another motorcycle... Horrific is putting it mildly.
Yeah, super sad, he was one of the good guys,too...he had won Indy, that same season.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Vick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's Email Address (Nov '08) Feb '17 Jim 1,318
Michael Vick mailing address (Aug '06) Feb '17 mother67 985
News Falcons invite Vick back to Atlanta for Dome fi... Jan '17 Flying Phart 2
Career Possibilities for Michael Vick? Dec '16 Buddy Baker 1
Is it illegal to shoot Canadian Geese? (Feb '09) Dec '16 cobra 62
Jim Evans of Virginia starts Mike Vick fan club (Aug '10) May '16 cuppamudd 85
News SPORT OF THUGS -- Courant.com (Aug '07) Apr '16 toothache 8
More from around the web