Posted in the Michael Vick Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Prosecute ALL Animal Abusers”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#1 Jun 18, 2008
Brinkman is selling his house, getting married, starting a job as a narcotics officer in a NEARBY JURISDICTION. On April 11, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia Chuck Rosenberg presented Brinkman with a public service award for his role in the case. Brinkman called it "vindication."

Ha ha ha Buffoon--so much for your predictions a decent honest white man couldn't get a job to replace the one he had been fired from (for doing in job) in a filthy, corrupt, racist backwoods county in Virginia, headed by the idiots Poindexter and Brown.

Guess old whiney Buffoon will have to find something else to harp on now....Hilarious.

Link:
http://www.portfolioweekly.com/ME2/dirmod.asp...
Rebecca

AOL

#2 Jun 18, 2008
Thanks, if brinkman keeps busting dogfights, he'll certainly find lots of narcotics. Those guys don't sit around drinking tea all day.

zhc

Since: Nov 07

United States

#3 Jun 18, 2008
JenniferInSC wrote:
Brinkman is selling his house, getting married, starting a job as a narcotics officer in a NEARBY JURISDICTION. On April 11, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia Chuck Rosenberg presented Brinkman with a public service award for his role in the case. Brinkman called it "vindication."
Ha ha ha Buffoon--so much for your predictions a decent honest white man couldn't get a job to replace the one he had been fired from (for doing in job) in a filthy, corrupt, racist backwoods county in Virginia, headed by the idiots Poindexter and Brown.
Guess old whiney Buffoon will have to find something else to harp on now....Hilarious.
Link:
WOW - this article is full of fascinating information. Thanks for posting this, Jennifer.
Anbreen

Mount Laguna, CA

#4 Jun 18, 2008
So, Brinkman's a hero. Pointy will alays be a part-time prosecutor in a corrupt, backwoods county. Brown will never go anywhere in law enforcement.

I knew someone would snap Brinkman up, quickly. Honest, thorough cops can always get jobs.

And, Brinkman is the one who took the evidence to the dept of agriculture, as was his duty.

And, Foopsie called another one wrong. She prolly doesn't have much experience with honest and skilled law enforcement. Since she considers certain criminals to be "of excellent character," she may be running with a criminal crowd.

Problem for Pointy, since he is a racist-- what will he do if he gets a significant black-on-black crime? How will he be able to flummox the prosecution of he case?
Rebecca

AOL

#5 Jun 18, 2008
Wow, I didn't read the article at first. But then I did. It's all pictured just as I suspected. They talk just like the rooster fighters in E. Tenn. Then of course the drugs, weapons everywhere are always present. The evidence that didn't make it to the case must have been heavy. No wonder Vick went to jail early. Yeah, vick's a big clusterfuck. you can say it if you put it with another word. hahaha.

Jen, does this guy Brinkman have an e-mail address? I would like to thank him.

Location hidden

#6 Jun 18, 2008
Rebecca wrote:
Wow, I didn't read the article at first. But then I did. It's all pictured just as I suspected. They talk just like the rooster fighters in E. Tenn. Then of course the drugs, weapons everywhere are always present. The evidence that didn't make it to the case must have been heavy. No wonder Vick went to jail early. Yeah, vick's a big clusterfuck. you can say it if you put it with another word. hahaha.
Jen, does this guy Brinkman have an e-mail address? I would like to thank him.
Nope, I don't have his email address. I did a quick search online, to see if I could pull it up, but no luck. Maybe there will be an article in the media in the future that gives the name of the county where he is working now, and we could contact him through that agency. If I do find it, I will be sure to let you know. I, too, would like to give Mr. Brinkman a 'pat on the back'.
Rebecca

AOL

#7 Jun 18, 2008
Anbreen wrote:
So, Brinkman's a hero. Pointy will alays be a part-time prosecutor in a corrupt, backwoods county. Brown will never go anywhere in law enforcement.
I knew someone would snap Brinkman up, quickly. Honest, thorough cops can always get jobs.
And, Brinkman is the one who took the evidence to the dept of agriculture, as was his duty.
And, Foopsie called another one wrong. She prolly doesn't have much experience with honest and skilled law enforcement. Since she considers certain criminals to be "of excellent character," she may be running with a criminal crowd.
Problem for Pointy, since he is a racist-- what will he do if he gets a significant black-on-black crime? How will he be able to flummox the prosecution of he case?
Well, I can imagine what she would say. But really living in Atlanta already tells me what happens with B/B crime with all black officials. That's why I watch the news every night. It's very entertaining and very sad too. One county in Atlanta had two black sheriffs running and when one won the other shot him. Clayton County schools are always fighting. Shirley Franklin(our mayor who took up for Vick) is always under fire with investigation from mismanagement of funds to her daughter's ex who was high up in the Black Mafia Family. I strongly suspect Surrey County has a type of dysfunctional family like this, don't you?
Because I see these things, does that mean I'm racist? Hey, it's in my face everyday. how can you defend that? Does it mean there are no good black people in this city? No.
What it does mean is it's time to stop defending criminals and start holding people to a higher standard. Maybe, just maybe, with Obama in office they will see that.
USA ROCKS

Water View, VA

#8 Jun 18, 2008
Anbreen wrote:
I think anyone with a bit of sense knew Brinkman wouldn't remain unemployed long. But for a racist like tampuon, just the fact that a couple of other racists had him fired for bringing a shitstorm down on her manlove vick was satisfying. He did nothing more than what any honest LEO should have done. He knew the racists poindexter and brown were doing everything within their power to delay and if possible prevent the investigation of vick and, as a result, went to people he knew who could make it happen. Way to go Brinkman.

Also, Poindexter is serving his last term. He will definitely be gone after this one. Like the article said, Surry County is increasingly becoming white. If Poindexter were an efficient and unbiased attorney, that wouldn't be a problem but he has shown his true "colors" and is on his way out. His sidekick brown is on borrowed time too.
Anbreen

Mount Laguna, CA

#9 Jun 18, 2008
JenniferInSC wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I don't have his email address. I did a quick search online, to see if I could pull it up, but no luck. Maybe there will be an article in the media in the future that gives the name of the county where he is working now, and we could contact him through that agency. If I do find it, I will be sure to let you know. I, too, would like to give Mr. Brinkman a 'pat on the back'.
Me too! It's got to have been tough to have been an honest cop in Surrey Co.

“"Love My Racists"”

Since: Mar 08

Atlanta

#10 Jun 18, 2008
JenniferInSC wrote:
Link:
Well at least I was able to take revelment and delight in the fact that Brinkman was fired by people like myself, Mr. Poindexter and Sheriff Brown. I'm sure they will continue to run Surry County the way it should be run and show preferential treatment toward black criminals, especially black celebs like Michael Vick. Unlike Brinkman, those are two fine men that we can be proud of.

Location hidden

#11 Jun 18, 2008
-Famuan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well at least I was able to take revelment and delight in the fact that Brinkman was fired by people like myself, Mr. Poindexter and Sheriff Brown. I'm sure they will continue to run Surry County the way it should be run and show preferential treatment toward black criminals, especially black celebs like Michael Vick. Unlike Brinkman, those are two fine men that we can be proud of.
Yea,-fammy, maybe you could move there so you drive by Vick's haunted house every day if you wanted- maybe you could even dig up some dog bones and teeth to make into a necklace or earrings for yourself...The possibilities are ENDLESS for someone such as YOU in Surry County.
Anbreen

Mount Laguna, CA

#12 Jun 18, 2008
e » ALDF Blog
ALDF Blog
Dogfighting’s Michael Vick – Redux

Well, nearly a year has gone by since I wrote about the federal authorities charging now-former NFL Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick with conspiracy for his Virginia dog-fighting ring operated under the name Bad Newz Kennels. As you may recall, the federal authorities (feds) had to step in and take over the investigation from Surry County Virginia Commonwealth Attorney Gerald Poindexter, who could have taken action much earlier against the dog fighting on a state level by bringing charges of animal cruelty and fighting, but failed to do so. What’s happened in the meantime? Not much legally, and lots politically.

To recap, in April 2007, police went to a home in Virginia owned by Vick with a search warrant related to a drug investigation involving Vick's cousin. While there, they found evidence of dog fighting and hauled away 66 pit bulls. In late May 2007, Poindexter refused to execute a dog fight search warrant prepared by local investigators based on the prior drug search, stating he didn’t like the wording of the warrant. He also refused to act on offers of assistance and entreaties to take action from ALDF’s Criminal Justice Program, HSUS, Virginia’s Animal Control Association President and dog fight expert Mark Kumpf, and others.

On June 6th and again in early July 2007, the feds conducted land and air searches of Vick’s estate under a federal search warrant, and on July 17th charged Vick and 3 others with conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce to aid in dog fighting. Also in July 2007 Robin Starr, the head of the Richmond Virginia SPCA, alleged in a guest column in the Richmond Times Dispatch newspaper that "The local prosecutor, Gerald Poindexter, may have dragged his feet on executing search warrants in an apparent effort to protect the county's local star, and has suggested that the interest of the federal authorities was in persecuting an African-American celebrity." He was quoted as saying that ‘this case, in terms of its priority, if it were not for the celebrity status of Vick, it wouldn't mean much to me.’ Poindexter continued to contradict himself in media interviews for the next several months, alternately stating that the evidence was insufficient, or that the feds were keeping evidence from him, despite having had the case for months before the feds stepped in.
Anbreen

Mount Laguna, CA

#13 Jun 18, 2008
In August 2007 the 4 men entered guilty pleas in federal court accompanied by detailed fact summaries of their criminal activities. Either shamed or goaded into taking action and perhaps realizing he had an election coming up, Poindexter finally announced in September that he had obtained a grand jury indictment of 1 count each of cruelty and fighting, both as felonies. Curiously, 8 other counts based on the federal court admissions to killing at least 8 dogs were rejected by the grand jury. Given that grand juries usually approve indictments presented by prosecutors, and those 8 counts were based on sworn written documents filed in federal court, one must wonder what the heck kind of case was presented by Poindexter to the grand jurors.

Incredibly, Surry County Sheriff Harold Brown, as well as Poindexter, were both re-elected in November 2007. Bill Brinkman, the case’s chief investigator at the sheriff’s office who assisted the feds and complained about Poindexter’s mishandling of the case and of his troubling statements concerning race, was "released from his position" in December after 9 years on the job. Brown admitted in a recent news report that part of the reason Brinkman was let go had to do with the Vick case. Brinkman stated that Brown told him a week into the investigation that Poindexter wanted him fired. Poindexter denies it.

Vick reported early to prison in November and was sentenced to 23 months in prison in December, but not before violating the terms of his pretrial release by using drugs and getting caught by the court. In January 2008 he was moved to a prison in Leavenworth Kansas known for having a drug treatment program that would greatly shorten his sentence, but neither Vick nor the prison ever confirmed he was in it.

So is it any surprise at all that last week Poindexter again moved to continue the defendants’ trials until some vague future date after which the defendants have been released from federal prison, stating that it would cost the state too much to round them up and transport them back for trial? After all, this isn’t the first continuance requested by Poindexter. Late last March he was in court requesting continuances of the trials then set for April. He was joined in that request by the defense, and Vick’s trial was pushed to June 27th.(Why that date? Was he secretly to be released by then due to the drug program and good behavior? If not, why wouldn’t Poindexter have asked then for the date to be set post-release, instead of waiting until now and having to apply again for a continuance?)

Of even more concern, however, is that in court last week, there was no mention that Vick had joined in the motion to push the trial to "a date uncertain" (in lawyer talk). Perhaps news reports simply omitted mentioning whether the defense agreed to the delay. If not, I’m just waiting for Vick to make his claim that his constitutional right to a speedy trial-- which would be waived if he agreed to the delay as he did in March—was violated. Then Poindexter would be off the hook from ever having to try this case; but at least by now his reelection campaign is long over. My guess is he’ll retire before he has to account for himself when his current 6-year term of office is over.

BTW-- Brinkman says one of the dead dogs had 17 broken bones. Vickj's crew could REALLY get into that body-slamming.:-(
Anbreen

Mount Laguna, CA

#14 Jun 18, 2008
Forensic Veterinarian Examined Michael Vick Evidence

Michael David SmithPosted Jun 12th 2007 11:12AM by Michael David Smith
Filed under: Falcons, NFL Gossip, NFL Rumors, Atlanta, NFL Police Blotter

One of the frustrating things about Gerald Poindexter, the local prosecutor whose office has now taken a backseat to the federal government in the dog fighting investigation surrounding Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, is that he would make public statements about the lack of evidence in the case, only to have those statements refuted by what every single other person involved had to say.

The latest example is a report today in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, noting that Dr. Melinda Merck, one of the nation's top forensic veterinarians, has been assisting Poindexter on the case. This despite the fact that just a week ago, Poindexter said, "I don't have any evidence."

This is completely nonsensical. If Poindexter doesn't have any evidence, what assistance has one of the nation's top forensic veterinarians been able to provide? Of course, the answer is obvious: Poindexter does have evidence. He has mounds of evidence, starting with the dogs that were seized from Vick's property. So why, when he's bringing in an expert to examine the evidence, does Poindexter continue to play dumb?
Anbreen

Mount Laguna, CA

#15 Jun 18, 2008
POINDEXTER TAKES ANOTHER SHOT AT FEDS

On the same day that federal agents emerged from nearly a month of silence to return to the Surry County, Virginia property of Falcons quarterback Mike Vick to search (reportedly) for "more" animal remains, local prosecutor Gerald Poindexter couldn't resist the opportunity to run his mouth -- and to further confirm our belief that he was and is unfit to properly manage such a high-profile investigation.

"I don't know what they're doing," he said, according to WAVY-TV. "They haven't arrested anybody. Why don't you find out why they haven't arrested anyone yet?"

Poindexter previously suggested that the federal investigation might be motivated by race. His latest remarks could be evidence of frustration regarding the criticism that was heaped upon him in light of the appearance that he was dragging his feet in the early stages of the investigation. The feds haven't been moving any faster, but their decision to refrain from talking to the media about the matter has largely insulated the Department of Agriculture's team from criticism.

Poindexter, in contrast, was talking about the case on a near-daily basis, and regularly contradicting himself.

As to the question that Poindexter has posed, the feds won't answer it. Indeed, if/when the feds arrest someone, there likely won't be any advance press release or warning. That's the smart way to do it, and Poindexter would be wise to watch and learn.
Anbreen

Mount Laguna, CA

#16 Jun 18, 2008
POSTED 5:04 p.m. EDT, June 27, 2007

LOCAL AUTHORITIES NOT MOVING ON VICK CASE by Michael David Smith

When federal authorities announced on June 8 that they were investigating dog fighting on property owned by Falcons quarterback Mike Vick, the local authorities said they were continuing to move forward with their own investigation.

Specifically, Surry County Sheriff Harold Brown and Commonwealth attorney Gerald Poindexter said they expected to meet within the next week to review evidence collected in the investigation.

It's been more than two weeks since the local authorities said they would have that meeting, but today the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that authorities have not held a second evidence review. They also haven't gathered any additional evidence from the property. That raises the question of how, exactly, they can say they're moving forward when they haven't reviewed the evidence that they already had or gone looking for any new evidence.

This is the latest example of why anyone who wants the truth to come out in this investigation should be thankful that the feds got involved. Vick's property was raided in April, and for more than two months we've heard conflicting stories from Poindexter about what his office would do with the evidence gathered at that raid. Every time Poindexter opens his mouth, he comes across as more clueless.

The feds, wisely, are keeping quiet and keeping Poindexter out of their investigation.
Anbreen

Mount Laguna, CA

#17 Jun 18, 2008
POSTED 9:19 a.m. EDT, June 11, 2007

DON'T PAINT VICK AS A VICTIM by Michael David Smith

William C. Rhoden of the New York Times is one of the intellectuals of the sports media world, a columnist whose ponderous style gives him an air of authority, whether the content of his columns is worthy or not.

Rhoden's column today (which is available only to Times subscribers) is certainly not worthy. Despite acknowledging in his first sentence that Michael Vick might have been involved in dog fighting (even Vick's media defenders aren't saying they think he's innocent) Rhoden spends the rest of the column lambasting the federal government for its involvement in the case, saying the feds are treating Vick unfairly and targeting him because of his celebrity.

And then Rhoden proceeds to supply evidence that runs counter to his thesis. He notes that the feds were not interested in helping local prosecutor Gerald Poindexter in a dog fighting investigation a few years ago:
Anbreen

Mount Laguna, CA

#18 Jun 18, 2008
A man named Benjamin Butts was suspected of running a dog fighting operation. Dogs and training equipment were found on the property, and Poindexter authorized a search of Butts's property," Rhoden writes. "The Butts case was dismissed by a judge who said the search had violated his rights."

Rhoden sees the feds' lack of interest in the Butts case as evidence that they're only interested in Vick because he's a celebrity. But he fails to note another explanation: The feds could think they have no choice but to get involved this time because the local authorities botched a previous dog fighting investigation.

Is it possible that federal authorities want to take down a big-name defendant like Vick? Sure. But the feds wouldn't have gotten that opportunity if mounds of evidence related to dog fighting hadn't been found on Vick's property. Rhoden is wrong to portray Vick as a victim of anything other than his own actions.
Anbreen

Mount Laguna, CA

#19 Jun 18, 2008
IS POINDEXTER POISED (AGAIN) TO GIVE VICK A PASS?

Surry County prosecutor Gerald Poindexter has gone back-and-forth over the past few weeks in his comments regarding the Mike Vick dog fighting investigation.

First, Poindexter said publicly that Vick's claim that he never comes to the Virginia property he owned (until abruptly dumping it two weeks ago) is bogus. Because the ability to refute such a clearly self-serving claim could go a long way toward allowing a reasonable person to believe that Vick lied because he has something to hide, we assumed that Poindexter would aggressively comb through the evidence and, if appropriate, file charges against Vick.

But then Poindexter appeared to go soft, suggesting that he saw no evidence of dog fighting at Vick's property and disputing media reports from sources involved in the investigation.

Next, apparently in response to the perception that Poindexter was plotting to stick his head in the sand, he conceded that Vick's property hosted dog fighting.

"I'm convinced from what I saw that dog fighting has occurred down there, but who was involved in it I don't know at this point," Poindexter said last week. "We're going to find out."

Now, Poindexter is heading again in the other direction. After meeting with investigators on Monday to review the information collected to date, Poindexter says that there isn't enough evidence to link anyone to dog fighting on the Vick property.

"I know everybody is saying,'When are those fools in Surry County going to get up off their butts and do something?'" Poindexter said, according to the Virginian-Pilot. "But what are we going to do?"
Anbreen

Mount Laguna, CA

#20 Jun 18, 2008
Actually, Mr. Poindexter, that's not what we're saying. What we're saying is, "Why in the world is Poindexter so damn wishy-washy and who is in place to investigate whether he has some other motivation that is causing him to behave so erratically?"

Poindexter's only explanation for his current position is that he's being careful because he blew a dog-fighting case several years ago. "We lost that one because of an illegal search, a Fourth Amendment violation," Poindexter said.

Fine. But there's no illegal search issue here. The documents recently obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution spell out in detail the steps taken by police to secure an appropriate warrant after authorities arrived at the house last month to conduct a search based only on suspicion of drug activity, and then discovered evidence of a possible dog-fighting operation.

The possibility that Vick's millions will buy him a post-O.J. dream team of lawyers who'll overrun Poindexter and his staff with motions and briefs and legal technicalities shouldn't be a factor in the determination of whether charges will be pursued. The decision should be based on the evidence.

And the evidence apparently is there. Mark Kumpf, a dog-fighting expert who is assisting the present investigation, told the Virginian-Pilot in response to Poindexter's most recent remarks: "There is more evidence there than has been used to convict several other people in Virginia."

But those "several other people" weren't represented by the latest aspiring Johnnie Cochran. Maybe Poindexter is afraid of losing, or maybe he is simply too lazy to try to win. The guy is receiving a salary, after all. He gets no bonus or overtime or other extra compensation if he takes on a case that will result in hundreds of hours of work, much of which will occur with national legal pundits scrutinizing his every move.

The "real" media would be wise to take a look at the cases Poindexter has tried as prosecutor. How many has he won? How many has he lost? Did he lose any that were particularly embarrassing to him personally? There are plenty of lawyers who get gun shy after losing their shirts in court, and thereafter become very reluctant to dive back into the fray.

So while some are speculating (key word: speculating) that Poindexter could be on the take or (even worse) possibly has been at the Vick property a time or two to partake in the entertainment, we think that a very basic aspect of human nature is at work here.

Poindexter, in our opinion, simply doesn't want the headaches that will go along with pursuing from cradle to grave criminal charges against a superstar athlete.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Vick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's Email Address (Nov '08) Jul '16 Terry Egan 1,269
Is it illegal to shoot Canadian Geese? (Feb '09) Jul '16 Unxt 57
Michael Vick mailing address (Aug '06) Jun '16 Lorajiron 983
Jim Evans of Virginia starts Mike Vick fan club (Aug '10) May '16 cuppamudd 85
News SPORT OF THUGS -- Courant.com (Aug '07) Apr '16 toothache 8
News No excuses for Vick in 2012 (Mar '12) Nov '15 Fart news 391
New Rules: Offensive Pass Interference (Oct '15) Oct '15 Dieselprof 1
More from around the web