First Prev
of 2
Next Last
kirsty

Sydney, Australia

#21 Jan 28, 2009
she is a staffy by the way and is so friendly and gentle but if something threatens us she puts herself between the problem.
Kentucky Woman

Thomson, GA

#22 Jan 28, 2009
ryan

London, Canada

#23 Apr 6, 2009

wow what a good dog
Jeni

Lukicevo, Serbia

#24 Mar 9, 2010
The quotes in this article are right on and reflect what Snakepocalypse Now!
http://types-of-snakes.blogspot.com/

Since: Jan 08

Plainfield, NJ

#25 Mar 10, 2010
I feel so sorry for the breed....it's always negative when really they are a great breed if raised and trained right....not abused, kicked, starved or otherwise.
Kimberly

Forest City, PA

#26 Oct 10, 2010
Dogs will not agitate or attack poisonous snakes unprovoked. They chase cats, play around with smaller animals, but they know when something is poisonous. My dog's mother would sniff at garter snakes, but when a nest of rattlers was under the trailer, she wouldn't pass it, not even to go inside (they were right next to the door.) She just kept sniffing toward it and barking until we checked it out. (Not a pit by the way, but an American Bulldog...another misunderstood but lovable breed :)
Danny

Dobson, NC

#27 Aug 7, 2011
honestly, this is one of those things where snake lovers take one side and dog lovers the other. cottonmouths are nasty, but they aren't as nasty as in the story. they will attack if something gets very close, though. The media always vilifies the snake in these kinds of storys, and play the dog as the hero. that is just out of nostalgic "good-bad" recognition. I keep snakes and have dogs, and so I'm on the fence with this one, but people need to learn that snakes are out there, and it's not exactly anything super heroic for a natural hunter to go after a prey item, which is what happened here.
Inu Lover

Garland, TX

#28 Dec 6, 2011
I believe this story one hundred percent! I've seen my pit bull and my German Shepherd jump into action and take down a coyote that was wandering around in our neighborhood, so I don't doubt the fact that Dixie jumped in front of the kids and saved them. There is a reason why the pit bull was originally nicknamed the "Nanny" dog; they don't play around when it comes to the safety of their humans!:D
Inu Lover

Garland, TX

#29 Dec 6, 2011
Well, not particularly. They actually just chased the coyote off. :/
Kaitlin Humphries

Johnson City, TN

#30 Feb 2, 2013
Paul wrote:
Rubbish story, and one the sensationalist media seems to be spewing every time a dog and snake come into conflict. Having had and worked with both snakes AND dogs for many years, I can assure that a venomous snake will NOT go out of its way to attack anyone. It will only bite humans if it feels threatened. Dogs however, will attack snakes due to predatory instinct, and in almost all these "dog saves owners from snake" cases, the most certain scenario is the dog was the aggressor to a snake that wanted nothing to do with the dog or person(s).
This is not a rubbish story. This dog WAS my dog... Her name was Dixie Lee Butler, she was a brendal pit that died last year. She saved me and my siblings and just because you are stupid and don't believe it because you want to hate on a breed that has never truly done anything different than any other animal is ridiculous. The fact that you would say a story about my pitbull who was the most amazing dong in the world, "rubbish" makes you a ignorant person...
Felicialtob

Manteca, CA

#46 Apr 28, 2013
New York wrote:
Isn't it amazing that people like "Paul" don't want to believe these kind of stories but have absolutely not problem believing the "pit bull attack" stories and half the time the attacking dog in those stories isn't actually a pit bull at all. So many breeds look like pits and because of all the media attention pits are getting it's real easy to say pit bull. Most people don't know their arse from page one when it comes to specific breeds. Stupidity is running rampant where pits are concerned.
I can not agree more! Kids are going to be kids but the dog is a hero! I love this story!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Vick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
vick doesn't run enough 6 hr Number 1 Vick fan 1
Big moves: Jets sign Vick and release Sanchez (Mar '14) Nov 16 Zack 17
Marcus Vick in custody at Newport News jail (Mar '12) Nov 12 Flatulence Fred 164
Silverman: Unlike Jets, Giants Won't Panic - Wh... Oct '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Thursday Night Football Breakdown: New York Jet... Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 5
Geno Smith bristles after reporter suggests Mic... Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 8
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's Email Address (Nov '08) Oct '14 Ben Haith 1,118

Michael Vick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE