Michael Vick Needs To Score PR Victor...

Michael Vick Needs To Score PR Victory, Experts Say

There are 5654 comments on the www.npr.org story from May 20, 2009, titled Michael Vick Needs To Score PR Victory, Experts Say. In it, www.npr.org reports that:

Former professional football star Michael Vick leaves a federal courthouse in Richmond, Va., in August 2007 after pleading guilty to a dogfighting charge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.npr.org.

Madcap Spitfire

Saint Louis, MO

#5323 Jul 6, 2009
Skeptical you Betcha wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be a impossible task,Because DOGS are not considered worthy of keeping a file on re their deaths,abuse by scumbags???? Only time they are important is when they bite,or abuse
a human,get it??????????
Then the F...g biased Media gets their rocks
off,and makes big bucks from the issue..MVick
brought out a mass of animal lovers,and shook
the shit out of all the Dregs,and the Media??
I read somewhere that a dog is abused in this country every 10 seconds.

You know what that tells me about the people in this country? It tells me that if I ever see Bin Laden driving a Ryder truck down the road, I'm going to smile and wave at him.
NYStateOfMind

Turmero, Venezuela

#5324 Jul 6, 2009
huhhh....

phoenix falcon

“Comfortably Numb”

Since: Oct 07

Phoenix,Az

#5325 Jul 6, 2009
USA ROCKS wrote:
<quoted text>
And you never will, bluntly put, you simply don't have it in you.
BTW, there are forums for all those other things that you whine about. Do you spend even one minute on them? No need to answer that, your agenda is obvious.
This is the mv forum. It is about a mediocre, subpar, failed experiment at putting a running back at the QB position. It is also about extreme cruelty to animals because that is what this degenerate found entertaining to do in his spare time.
If you want to whine about the fight on terrorism, orphans, or even global warming why don't you find the appropriate forums?
because i choose this forum, i know you think i have to ask your permission to speak, but i don't, i don't live on your plantation. those men and women i mentioned in my post, you see, they are out there risking their lives just so, i can say what ever i want. can you comprehend that?

phoenix falcon

“Comfortably Numb”

Phoenix,Az

#5327 Jul 6, 2009
<quoted text>
There is a very good reason you do not understand
but it is so obvious,It is embarrassing? Why do you not input,related to the subject,You know some article,original from your view point,instead of the constant personal attacks on
people? Definition of a Troll! One who incites,One who posts inflammatory remarks.One who adds nothing to the discussion..One who feeds
from the subject,but has no original input????
Sound familiar?? Go over all your posts,see where
you added to the debate,in a positive manner.You
can not pout,when a post does not suit your particular agenda,Dumb as it may be?? This is an
open forum!Persons of low intellect,are notorious
for name calling,cursing,etc..I am sure you have
noticed that on here,and other sites?? So if you
and your cronies,cannot add to the forum,move on
to a thread that you can deal with cerebally???
or what? you gonna sue me? get a grip. PEOPLE THIS IS AMERICA, I CAN SAY WHAT EVER I WANT TO SAY, 9 YEARS OF RISKING MY LIFE AND SAVING OTHER LIVES GIVES ME THAT RIGHT. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN YOU MOVE ON, I CAN AND WILL SAY WHATEVER I WANT TO SAY, TO WHOM EVER I WANT TO SAY IT, WHERE EVER I WANT TO SAY IT, HOWEVER I WANT TO SAY IT.
Issac

United States

#5328 Jul 6, 2009
<quoted text>
It would be a impossible task,Because DOGS are not considered worthy of keeping a file on re their deaths,abuse by scumbags???? Only time they are important is when they bite,or abuse
a human,get it??????????
Then the F...g biased Media gets their rocks
off,and makes big bucks from the issue..MVick
brought out a mass of animal lovers,and shook
the shit out of all the Dregs,and the Media??
Well, I guarantee you more humans maul dogs than dogs have ever mauled humans by a landslide.
Issac

United States

#5329 Jul 6, 2009
Madcap Spitfire wrote:
<quoted text>I read somewhere that a dog is abused in this country every 10 seconds.
You know what that tells me about the people in this country? It tells me that if I ever see Bin Laden driving a Ryder truck down the road, I'm going to smile and wave at him.
Every 10 seconds, maybe even less.

phoenix falcon

“Comfortably Numb”

Phoenix,Az

#5341 Jul 6, 2009
In November 2007, 21-year old Jennifer Lowe was visiting a friend who owned two pit bulls that had been declared "dangerous" by county animal control. The owner, Charles Smallwood, left the house to run an errand. When he returned, Jennifer was near death after being mauled by the two dogs. She died on route to the hospital. Because the attack occurred on owner-property, Jennifer's family had no civil or criminal recourse against the dog owner.
Sarah Palin

United States

#5342 Jul 6, 2009
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/keep-michael...
Michael Vick had it all. He had fame, glory, admiration and money beyond belieft. He chose to throw that all away for more (not needed) money and to conduct barbaric crimes against dogs. This alone should prevent him from every being in the limelight as a role model EVER AGAIN!

Michael is coming with me to shoot wolves from airplanes!

phoenix falcon

“Comfortably Numb”

Phoenix,Az

#5343 Jul 6, 2009
Sarah Palin wrote:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com /2/keep-michael-vick-out-of-pr ofessional-football
Michael Vick had it all. He had fame, glory, admiration and money beyond belieft. He chose to throw that all away for more (not needed) money and to conduct barbaric crimes against dogs. This alone should prevent him from every being in the limelight as a role model EVER AGAIN!
Michael is coming with me to shoot wolves from airplanes!
why don't we just shoot YOU, that would solve the problem.,
Piegle

United States

#5344 Jul 6, 2009
Issac wrote:
<quoted text>Every 10 seconds, maybe even less.
This discrimination must stop!
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/please-vote-...
Skeptical you Betcha

Palos Hills, IL

#5345 Jul 6, 2009
phoenix falcon wrote:
<quoted text>or what? you gonna sue me? get a grip. PEOPLE THIS IS AMERICA, I CAN SAY WHAT EVER I WANT TO SAY, 9 YEARS OF RISKING MY LIFE AND SAVING OTHER LIVES GIVES ME THAT RIGHT. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN YOU MOVE ON, I CAN AND WILL SAY WHATEVER I WANT TO SAY, TO WHOM EVER I WANT TO SAY IT, WHERE EVER I WANT TO SAY IT, HOWEVER I WANT TO SAY IT.
You and your senseless rant,are wrong,Why? Thats
why,a moderator,is employed by TOPIX,to ensure you can not do all you claimed is your RIGHT! Say
anything,do anything,Blah,Blah,Stick to the topic
or leave.All that hot air,blowhard crap is wasted
okay??? Maybe I struck a nerve judging by your reaction,or over reaction??????????
PB Jelly Time

United States

#5346 Jul 6, 2009
<quoted text>
why,a moderator,is employed by TOPIX,to ensure you can not do all you claimed is your RIGHT! Say
okay??? Maybe I struck a nerve judging by your reaction,or over reaction??????????
I'm sure Hello prompts a reaction from him!
Seriously, I bet he "screams" like a girl at home, no?

phoenix falcon

“Comfortably Numb”

Phoenix,Az

#5347 Jul 7, 2009
<quoted text>
or what? you gonna sue me? get a grip. PEOPLE THIS IS AMERICA, I CAN SAY WHAT EVER I WANT TO SAY, 9 YEARS OF RISKING MY LIFE AND SAVING OTHER LIVES GIVES ME THAT RIGHT. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN YOU MOVE ON, I CAN AND WILL SAY WHATEVER I WANT TO SAY, TO WHOM EVER I WANT TO SAY IT, WHERE EVER I WANT TO SAY IT, HOWEVER I WANT TO SAY IT.

look i said it AGAIN, and guess what.......THE POST IS STILL UP.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#5348 Jul 7, 2009
Born a Pit Bull
I was born a pit bull
I did not ask to be
this is the life god has chosen for me
what have I done to deserve this fate
you put me in a cage and teach me to hate
I dream of a day when I get to be free
I would be so kind just wait and see
untill then I keep my dreams close to my heart
I wake up everyday in hopes of a new start
I dont want to be bad
I wasnt born like this
but you took me from my mother and
threw me in the pits.
somehow I won but I recieved no prize
just made it to the next night and a dog of another size
Im not sure if its worth the pain that I know
but sadly I love you so this time Ill go
I just wanted to make you happy
for I thought you were my friend
but with the days passing I wish it was the end
you said this is my last fight so I cant wait to go
I feel things will get better so maybe theres hope
I am a little older and wish I was faster but
I will try my best for you are my master
this fight is harder then I thought, and I just cant seem to win
the years of pain are starting to kick in
its not looking good for me as I lay on the ground
I cant get this one off me
and cant make a sound
dont let me die dont let this be the end
prove to me this one time that you are my friend
with my eyes im telling you what I need to say
and with my last breath
I look to you to see you turn and walk away
see I was born a pit bull
and did not ask to be
but I am in a better place in heaven where I can be free
Amen!
That was heartbreaking.
Dog_lover

Bunnell, FL

#5349 Jul 7, 2009
It really is. There was a story today on Animal rights about finging 4 mutilated pitbull bodies in a dumpster in Suffolk.Its very sad. People MUST turn in dogfighters. MUST 877///847///4787
Dog_lover

Bunnell, FL

#5350 Jul 7, 2009
Keep Vick out of professional football.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/keep-michael...
Dog_lover

Bunnell, FL

#5356 Jul 7, 2009
YAWN

and how many people have killed how many poor pitbulls?

“Be Kind to Animals”

Since: Nov 07

Nelson, VA

#5357 Jul 7, 2009
phoenix falcon wrote:
The number of fatal dog attacks in the USA has been going up. The yearly average was 17 in the 1980s and 1990s; as stated above, there were 33 deaths in 2007, which is roughly double the average in the prior two decades.
there have already been 35 this year, and we are only half way thru.
I don't suppose you have considered the fact that these statistics are in direct correlation with the number of people owning breeds like pit bulls, rottweilers, and other breeds that are known to be aggressive and these same people fail to properly restrain/train these dogs or learn enough about them to ensure the safety of the general public. Considering the fact that there are millions of dogs in the USA in conjunction with the number of ignorant people who own them, 30-40 attacks per year speaks well for the dog.

“Be Kind to Animals”

Nelson, VA

#5358 Jul 7, 2009
Oops! Didn't mean to post twice!

“Be Kind to Animals”

Nelson, VA

#5359 Jul 7, 2009
phoenix falcon wrote:
more killers
Dogs bite family and friends
The vast majority of biting dogs (77%) belong to the victim's family or a friend.
Worldwide problem
The USA is not the only country with the dog bite problem. In Britain, the number of people being admitted to accident and emergency (A&E, called the "emergency room" or "ER" in the USA) as a result of dog attacks has risen by 43 per cent in the last four years. Hospitalisation of children and young people has risen by a fifth, while 58 per cent more adults are being admitted to A&E due to attacks by dogs. In London there has been a 119 per cent rise in hospitalisation of under-18s as a result of dog attacks.(Read the articles in the Evening Standard and on inthenews.co.uk.)
I hope you don't think that telling us all these things, which we already know, will make anyone feel more empathy for that dog torturing thug Michael Vick. You should know better PF.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Vick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's Email Address (Nov '08) Nov 13 ART GHIOTTO 1,400
black panthers Sep '17 ARTY W 1
News Dogfighter tied to Michael Vick gets 13-plus years (Jun '08) May '17 Dog phart 309
Michael Vick mailing address (Aug '06) May '17 Father Luke 989
Is it illegal to shoot Canadian Geese? (Feb '09) May '17 AJJ 63
News Falcons invite Vick back to Atlanta for Dome fi... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Flying Phart 2
Career Possibilities for Michael Vick? (Dec '16) Dec '16 Buddy Baker 1
More from around the web