Tolerance.org: PETA Rethinks 'Slavery' Exhibit - 8/15/05

Mar 4, 2008 | Posted by: Famuan | Full story: www.tolerance.org

PETA has suspended on a controversial new animal rights campaign just weeks after launching a nationwide tour, The Associated Press reports.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated May 6, 2013

“Love My Rattlers”

Since: Feb 08

Atlanta

#1 Mar 4, 2008
"Dr. James Cameron, founder of America's Black Holocaust Museum, survived an attempted lynching after he and two friends were falsely accused of murdering a white man in Marion, Ind., in 1930. Cameron, 91, the nation's only living survivor of a lynching, watched a mob of whites beat and lynch his two friends the same two men shown hanging in the PETA exhibit.

"I just cannot believe they would do this," Courtney said, gasping as she viewed the exhibit on PETA's website. "Dr. Cameron was supposed to have been the third man in this picture."

“Love My Rattlers”

Atlanta

#2 Mar 5, 2008
[I]ts like letting the World Bank or the Ku Klux Klan open up a booth here.
Bruce Friedrich, PETA Campaign Coordinator, complaining about meat being served at the 2004 World Social Forum
VEGAN

AOL

#3 Mar 23, 2008
The comparison of blacks and animals wasn't an insult. Of course an oversensitive black would take it that way. It has to do with "suffering". Maybe the Jewish people wouldn't get offended. Or maybe the Christians. But can you say anything about black people without them being insulted?NO,nothing.

“Love My Rattlers”

Atlanta

#4 Mar 24, 2008
VEGAN wrote:
The comparison of blacks and animals wasn't an insult. Of course an oversensitive black would take it that way. It has to do with "suffering". Maybe the Jewish people wouldn't get offended. Or maybe the Christians. But can you say anything about black people without them being insulted?NO,nothing.
Wow you're really not very bright or informed. The comparison by Peta to the Holocaust was heavily protested by the ADL.

“Love My Rattlers”

Atlanta

#5 Mar 24, 2008

Hyde Park, NY

#6 Mar 24, 2008
While I do believe that our generation has become hyper-sensitive on many levels - comparing a the lynching of a PERSON to eating a hamburger - or the enslavement of an entire race to eating meat is absurd and insulting! While I respect anyone's attempt to do what they feel is rightous - like being vegan - I expect them to respect my right not to be vegan.

“Magnum frater spectat te.”

Since: Aug 07

San Diego, CA

#7 Mar 24, 2008
Guest wrote:
While I do believe that our generation has become hyper-sensitive on many levels - comparing a the lynching of a PERSON to eating a hamburger - or the enslavement of an entire race to eating meat is absurd and insulting! While I respect anyone's attempt to do what they feel is rightous - like being vegan - I expect them to respect my right not to be vegan.
I agree. Most of my friends are not vegetarian. We get along JUST fine!:-)
VEGAN

AOL

#8 Mar 24, 2008
not being vegan involves killing. I can not condone it. Vegan lifestyle is sooo easy. It's healthy and prolongs life. I don't really care who is offended by PETA. most of their views help quality of life for everyone. there are many black and Jewish vegetarians that were not offended by this.

“Love My Rattlers”

Atlanta

#9 Mar 25, 2008
VEGAN wrote:
not being vegan involves killing. I can not condone it. Vegan lifestyle is sooo easy. It's healthy and prolongs life. I don't really care who is offended by PETA. most of their views help quality of life for everyone. there are many black and Jewish vegetarians that were not offended by this.
Find one.
vegan

AOL

#10 Mar 25, 2008
I bet Russell Simmons isn't offended. It's too far above your head. As Ingrid says"I am an animal". They are talking about the suffering and not who is the most intelligient,moral,etc. You are into black victimization so you probably can't grasp it. I don't care if they use the prisoners of the wars of the Bible,it's still the same concept. do you doubt there are many black and Jewish vegetarians?

“Love My Rattlers”

Atlanta

#11 Mar 26, 2008
Who cares if there are many black and Jewish vegetarians?(which there aren't "many" - like less than 5%)That doesn't make PETA's insane comparison to the Middle Passage or the Holocaust anyless horrific. Talk about idiotic, comparing that to any animal is offensive to sane people. The fact that you are as crazy as Ingrid "I wanna be made into a clutch purse when I die" Newkirk is just plain sad.
vegan

United States

#12 Mar 26, 2008
What statisitcs do you have to base that on?There are alot more than you think!They are sane educated people!I belong to vegetarian clubs and have been in large vegetarian communities in other countries(not necessairly Indian)either!

“Love My Rattlers”

Atlanta

#13 Mar 27, 2008
Yeah, that's what's keeping the beef and pork people up at night...the thought that on Memorial Day instead of barbeques with hamburgers and hotdogs, people will throw a celery stalk on the grill..........yep....that's it...its the threat of the "vegetarians"....LOL ...not as long as steak tastes that good.
Tony Taylor

AOL

#14 Mar 28, 2008
that's why yo so fat and ugly.
Atlanta

AOL

#15 Mar 31, 2008
pendejo
mojo karma cookie

San Jose, CA

#16 May 6, 2013
http://ionenewsone.files.wordpress.com/2011/0...

http://www.thenation.com/sites/default/files/...

yes the second image is very shocking, and it is a brutal reminder of the inhumanity of racism and the misery of slavery.

and why should animals be treated any different.. is a question that needs to be addressed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Vick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jets all wet, accept Pats' Ice Bucket Challenge Aug 14 Flatulence Fred 2
Is it illegal to shoot Canadian Geese? (Feb '09) Aug 3 matt 44
New England Patriots Will Silence Delusional Ne... Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 12
Why Geno Smith vs. Michael Vick Is 2014's Most ... Jul '14 Gym Socks 2
Eric Decker Set to Create His Own Legacy with t... Jul '14 Janitor 8
Earth to Michael Vick: Please Stop Talking Jun '14 geneva4ever 1
Jets' mixed messages point to a problem bigger ... Jun '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000