Referee explains penalty call on Suggs

Referee explains penalty call on Suggs

There are 42 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Oct 6, 2008, titled Referee explains penalty call on Suggs. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Jamison Hensley, the game's pool reporter, talked to referee Bill Carollo after the game about Terrell Suggs' roughing-the-passer penalty during the Titans' game-winning drive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
FireTrembley

United States

#41 Oct 8, 2008
Steeler Amongst B-morons wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know all of the refs? Do you account for them every game? Do you know how they are governed. Of course you don't, so you don't know what the hell happens to them on that end. And I don't as much blame these calls on the refs as much as I do the league setting them. The refs are calling what the league mandates, clear and simple.
At the end of the year the refs gradings are taken into account and the determination to retain their services for another year are made. Only in the event of a major issue would a mid-season firing take place. They may be downgraded and forced to ref lesser games or maybe put on the stand-by list, but they will not be let go or suspended during a regular season for making a couple bad calls.
phish

Baltimore, MD

#42 Oct 8, 2008
Steeler Amongst B-morons wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know all of the refs? Do you account for them every game? Do you know how they are governed. Of course you don't, so you don't know what the hell happens to them on that end. And I don't as much blame these calls on the refs as much as I do the league setting them. The refs are calling what the league mandates, clear and simple.
You seem to be fairly intelligent, So I assumed you understood, it not about the calls against us, it about the wrong calls , the ones that never happened that get called, the ones that never should have been called. There is a point that they can control a game and still let the players play without holding up from hitting someone in fear that it maybe get called when it fact it was a clean shot. These players know the rules and I believe do not commit the fouls on purpose. With a few exceptions of course. I know it has been said before, but here it is again, can you continue to make mistakes at your job and not look over your shoulder waiting for the axe to fall on you? I know I can't. So like most, I give 100% accept the responsiblity for the ones I do make. I have seen flags thrown ,picked up and no penalty called so there is room to get it right in the NFL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Roos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Eagle Matt Johnson Taken in Fourth Round... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Gino 1
News Titans hire Mike Munchak as head coach (Feb '11) Feb '11 Brutus 2
News My Tennessee Titans Madden NFL 10 Ratings (Jul '09) Jul '09 Bears offense mad... 1
News Teammates: Collins needs to shave beard (Dec '08) Dec '08 rayjones69 1
News Titans' victory, season memorable (Nov '08) Nov '08 roger 1
News Referee explains Suggs' penalty (Oct '08) Nov '08 NotATypo 33
News Harbaugh staying mum (Oct '08) Oct '08 Texans Suck 5
More from around the web